mtbr member
    Oct 2014

Any invisiframe coupons?

Looking for coupon to cut down cost.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Donít want to be that guy that doesnít give you the info you want but the results can be 99% the same depending on skill. A roll of clear gorilla repair tape $4-7 works great. Takes 2 hours instead of 1. You can cover every inch and place seams where you want. Helli tape might be better, but I picked this tape up @ lowes and installed it right after getting my bike. Use a heat gun to soften the adhesive, use scissors and exacto blades. 2 years later I have one or two spots where I could replace the tape that has become dirty. This tape is thick and definitely protects just as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jokaankit View Post
    Donít want to be that guy that doesnít give you the info you want but the results can be 99% the same depending on skill. A roll of clear gorilla repair tape $4-7 works great. Takes 2 hours instead of 1. You can cover every inch and place seams where you want. Helli tape might be better, but I picked this tape up @ lowes and installed it right after getting my bike. Use a heat gun to soften the adhesive, use scissors and exacto blades. 2 years later I have one or two spots where I could replace the tape that has become dirty. This tape is thick and definitely protects just as well.

Does it leave a nasty residue like regular Gorilla or Duck tape though?

mtbr member
    May 2014
    The 2 spots that peeled off didnít leave a residue. I used a hair dryer so the results might be different if you use a heat gun.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Good to know, thanks. I might try this on a cheap frame to see how it works compared to heli-tape.

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    what helitape is everyone using?

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Good idea it wouldnít be great to use on a bike with peeling or exposed graphics/frame. Product is very similar to helicopter tape/vinyl tape. The biggest down side is that it is very difficult to cut curves because the scissors would stick. I would recommend heli tape first, but getting it in the widths you need and the thickness you want it could cost $40-50. Vinyl wrap material is generally only available in thin thicknesses and not as easy to stick on. Iím a bit impatient so I used a blow torch to heat the exacto knife to make the curved cuts I needed and quickly pressed them on to make an overlapped ďsealedĒ seam. I would really recommend a heat gun in place of a hair dryer and blow torch
    Iíve only ever seen heli tape on ebay. They sell different lengths, widths and mills of thickness.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    this stuff is inexpensive and works very well.

Factory Effex 02-6605 Clear Universal Background Sheet

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I supposed it wouldn't be too bad to hit the main contact points (top and sides of top tube, bottom and sides of down tube, and outside of chain and seat stays). But if I am spending that much on carbon, I might as well spend a little more on protecting it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by lardo5150 View Post
    what helitape is everyone using?
    I Ďve used this on my last 2 bikes and on my current bike I installed Invisiframe with this Racers tape covering the inside of my rear triangle wear the invisiframe misses. This tape can be peeled off without issue or residue left. Itís easily cut to fit all angles, but takes time and itís the same thickness as the Invisiframe. You can also get a 30í roll.
    https://www.amazon.com/ISC-Racers-Ta...ords=Heli+tape