Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardHead
    Code TH572, 'till 7/23

what website does that work at?

mtbr member
    try www.airbomb.com

Chris

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    Airbomb is beyond bikes, so 20% off crappy service is still crappy service.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

mtbr member
    Thomson X4 stem is much cheaper here: http://stores.ebikestop.com/store/se...=5&key=Thomson. Or just having someone price match.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Ive said it here before, but here goes again. The best way to get a deal on Thomson parts is to search for "thompson" on ebay. Even NEW "thompson" parts sell for about 20 to 30 percent less than their properly spelled counterparts. Take advantage of the sellers who can't spell, and the search function that doesn't return misspelled listings.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    That's classic! "Thompson" What a freakin great tip!! Thanks!! for the laugh and tip.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by skifastchad
    Ive said it here before, but here goes again. The best way to get a deal on Thomson parts is to search for "thompson" on ebay. Even NEW "thompson" parts sell for about 20 to 30 percent less than their properly spelled counterparts. Take advantage of the sellers who can't spell, and the search function that doesn't return misspelled listings.
    I respectfully disagree. While ebay has proven to be a good resouirce for many items, Thomson parts seem to be the most keenly shill-bidded bike parts on ebay.

I watched for 3 months to get a good deal on an x4/x2 stem - they always went to ~70 bucks. I saw scratched up used ones going for 50+ several times.

I did manage to get an elite in 120x26.0x80 deg for 36 inc 5 s+h, which is a good deal - only got it cause not much demand. But really, I expect to get a good discount from new on a used part, plus the ebay risk.

Finally bought an x2 new from ebikestop.com at 63-10 percent= 57 not inc sh.

They have 15 per cent off now with 10 items min using code 1015 until 22nd.

Beware their qbp catalog sync is screwed up (incomplete or does not accurately reflect availability) and their shopping cart is worse. Also shipping is high at base of 8 bucks plus additional 0.99 per item. My 27 item order cost 34 bucks for fedex ground to eastern us. So make sure your discounts more than offset sh.

Don't touch me!
    Quote Originally Posted by skifastchad
    Not such a great deal anymore... The word is out! Unless of course you do receive a "Thompson" product, which is a knockoff of you know who. Remember seeing some pics here of counterfeit Thomson products...
    No offense to KB, but if I see another "Strong, light, cheap. Pick two" line on this site...

MCM# eleventy billion

No offense to thieves, but if I see another "Ride it like you stole it" line on this site...

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Ebay is where you go to watch noobs get in a bidding war and pay more for kit than you could get from jenson or ebikestop....

if you have lots of patience you can get something cheap on ebay, otherwise not worth the hassle IMHO

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

For what it's worth

I've ordered from Airbomb a few times (just received an order yesterday), and I haven't had any problems, but I know that there's a lot of bad ink on them in the forums.
    Maybe their vendor distribution system is out of whack??

STINKY TOFU
    ebikestop super cheap x4's

Members who have read this thread: 0