105 road crankset for $49.99 at Nashbar, is this good?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2006

105 road crankset for $49.99 at Nashbar, is this good?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I'm sure it would be serviceable, but they have the Ultegra crank for $80, if you can swing it the extra $30 would make a big jump in quality. Plus there's usually 10-15% off codes floating around to help.
    http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?c...0Road%20Cranks

Do It Yourself
    it's okay if you really just want to replace your octalink cranks. But the new ones are MUCH nicer and good deal can be found on those.

E.g:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Shimano-10-sp-10...QQcmdZViewItem
    (note, this includes the bb)
    Long Live Long Rides

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    I know this a total newb question, but can I use a 10 spd crankset with a 9 speed drivetrain?

EDIT: after a quick search (before I get flamed), I found out the answer is yes.

Thanks homebew for the option, I'll defintely consider it.

HowtoOverthrowtheSystem
    Jan 2004
    Here's the 15% off coupon good until the end of the day:

Enter Coupon Code CUSTAP at checkout.

Fine Print blah blah blah...
    15% Off discount applies to all web or phone orders, no minimum purchase amount is required. Coupon Code CUSTAP must be presented at time of purchase. Coupon/Discount cannot be applied to previous purchases. Coupon/Discount cannot be combined with any other offer. Discount does not apply to shipping/handling or taxes. Discount is not valid on Gift Certificates. 15% Off coupon code expires 4/25/07 11:59 edt.

banned
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by daveIT
    Here's the 15% off coupon good until the end of the day:

Enter Coupon Code CUSTAP at checkout.

Fine Print blah blah blah...<iframe border=0 frameborder=0 framespacing=0 height=1 width=0marginheight=0 marginwidth=0 name=new_date noResize scrolling=no src="http://www.tkqlhce.com/click-2087274-10461127?cm_ven=CJ&cm_cat=1477339&cm_pla=2087274&c m_ite=New+-+Bike+Nashbar" vspale=0></iframe>
    15% Off discount applies to all web or phone orders, no minimum purchase amount is required. Coupon Code CUSTAP must be presented at time of purchase. Coupon/Discount cannot be applied to previous purchases. Coupon/Discount cannot be combined with any other offer. Discount does not apply to shipping/handling or taxes. Discount is not valid on Gift Certificates. 15% Off coupon code expires 4/25/07 11:59 edt.
    Thanks for coupon

Members who have read this thread: 0