+1 for Huck N Roll- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2010

+1 for Huck N Roll

Just ordered a new helmet off them; they're the same company as Department of Goods / Chain Love. They are offering free economy shipping (7-14 business days) on any order above $50. Got a confirmation order via email and it said since this is not my first order, I have been bumped up to free UPS ground shipping. Ordered on Sunday evening and it arrived today. Not sure if a lot of companies do this in the industry, but this is the first I've seen. Kudos to them for getting my gear to me that quick!

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    -1 for Department of Goods.

I do not have quite the luck as you.

I ordered a component from them around Thanksgiving at a discount (there are other sites that offer similar prices but I choose to go with them to bundle with other stuff)

1 week later after discount period is over I got the shipment but missing the component. Called CSR and was told that there is a system glitch and my component is not available for purchase. Sister website Huck and Roll has it in stock at a higher price but was sold out later.

I was bummed. Got an email saying" ... This is completely our fault, so you have our deepest condolences. But there is hope: we have some other options that we think might fit your needs..."; chat with CSR who says "...it appears your least expensive, most economic choice, and my most moral recommendation - would be to take the refund...." They tried to sell me a similar component at a double the price.

Poetic injustice.

BDT
    mtbr member
    I've been buying from these guys ever since they were backcountrystore.com. Best service in the biz IMO. I've had a few issues, but they have always made good.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I just starting buying stuff from Chainlove and the shipping has been outstanding. The service and promptness with returning emails is great. I did a return with them and no hassles, no hassle on a price check too.

I cant complain with these guys, I imagine hucknroll works the same.....

T.W.O.
    +1 for HuckNRoll too, Order 4 things last week, I've got all already all free shipping. Order the 5.10 shoes size 9 put them in the cart, it came with free hex triangle bonus, went back and continue shopping, came back the size was sold out re-order 8.5 end up getting 2 Y tools, cool

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Had good experiences with Chainlove and HuckandRoll so far. I wish my previous experience with Department of Goods was just as good.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I have been completely impressed with HnR. They have great communication, fast shipping, and returning an item couldn't be easier. They aren't as comprehensive as Universal Cycles,for example, but they are still top of my list when I want something bike related.

I'm just messing with you
    Their prices seem high to me ... maybe I'm just not looking for the right stuff
    Chasing bears through the woods drunk with a dull hatchet is strongly not advised

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Had a great experience with HnR. Ordered a bunch of cold weather gear, got a skull cap and lobster gloves free, free shipping AND $50 off(with code) Order shipped next day and arrived 3 days later.

All good things in my book. I'll be back for sure!
    Klein Attitude XX
    Santa Cruz Heckler 6.1
    Surly Karate Monkey
    Surly Moonlander

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Great experience with HnR. Ordered a Fox Flux helmet for $35 (free shipping). There was only one color offered and I wasn't the biggest fan of it, but at that price I just could not pass it up. Turns out, they ran out of helmets in that color. I got an email explaining the situation and was given a few options. One of the options was to get the helmet in a color of my choice. I chose the Fox Flux in Matte Black. It arrived within a few days. Great customer service, good deal, fast shipping....I couldn't really ask for anything more.

Trail Ninja
    Backcountry is my favorite online shop for sporting gear. Price match and decent promos and they're fairly good with service.

I dealt with the CS a few times and though sometimes I didn't understand what protocol they had to go through to authorize stuff and got frustrated, in the end, they always did good. They saved me a good deal of money and I'm totally satisfied with them.

I will definitely shop them in the future. No tax (except for Utah) is a big plus and I don't mind the 3 day wait for shipping. Return shipping is a flat $6, which isn't too bad. A round trip to Jenson and back for me is $3 in gas + I have to pay sales tax. I usually go for a ride up there near Jenson to make the trip worth it though.

a lazy pedaler
    Jul 2009

mtbr member
    Huck and roll is a great place. I ordered some 5 10 shoes and some fox shorts from them. They did not fit, When i called them to return them and reorder another pair. I ordered 2 different shoes just to make sure i got ones that fit. they actually sent a call tag for the first order and for what ever pair of shoes from the second order that i did not keep.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    I had awesome service from chainlove. I ordered some winter gloves last night, but I forgot to put my Apt. # in my address (i'm a dummy). I emailed them and they responded right away that they fixed it for me.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Does HnR offer discount codes?

I'm looking at ordering a frame and would love some % off.
    Enjoy the ride!

Members who have read this thread: 0