mtbr member

$571 1290g carbon wheelset w/ DT 350s anyone? Pre-order until Nov 11

I have used this wheelset in the past and just pre-ordered a new set:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1290...828213559.html

It's lightweight (1290g), has DT Swiss 350 hubs, aero Pillar X-TRA black spokes, 1-year warranty, and normally sells for $759. This is a $188 or 25% off a product that is already very competitively priced!

I have ordered thousands of dollars of stuff from Speedsafe over the last year for customers and my own builds, and everything has been high quality, arrived on time, and met every expectation.

Seriously, let's say the hubs are worth $200 for a pair, rims are $200 for a pair, shipping is $80, labor is $50, and spokes/nipples are $50, that's $580! I don't know how their math adds up after piling on 1-year warranty. Edit: I just got a message from the supplier thanking me for the order and saying that the pre-order price is "without profit".

Here are the wheels from a previous steed of mine:

1 1290g carbon wheelset w/ DT 350s anyone?  Pre-order until Nov 11-9-min.jpg

1 1290g carbon wheelset w/ DT 350s anyone?  Pre-order until Nov 11-1-min.jpg

They arrived well-packaged within two weeks and were built very well. I rode them hard for about 300 miles and never once did they have an issue.

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    Thanks again. I was going to order a set of DT XMC 1200's from Wisconsin Bike Shop on ebay, but was waiting for a 15% off coupon deal. Wisconsin Bike shop then raised their price by 20% on their last eight wheel sets. screw them. These will be just fine for my new hard tail chiner carbon build I'm assembling parts for this spring time.... and I can also use them on the full squish chiner i'm building right now.

oh and don't forget 3% cash back on ebates.

mtbr member
    Nov 2017
    Nice price. If they had a similar wheelset deal with their 25mm IW rims I might just roll the dice on these guys.

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    Yep the rims are a bit skinny by today's standards but not too skinny for my application. I just received some lightbicycle 25mm so these will compliment that pair nicely when I want something lighter.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Anger View Post
    Yep the rims are a bit skinny by today's standards but not too skinny for my application. I just received some lightbicycle 25mm so these will compliment that pair nicely when I want something lighter.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
    I'm not likely to run anything wider than 29x2.25" on these rims anyways, so it works for me. As a bonus, I can throw my Maxxis Rambler 700x38C on these wheels later in the season and take the bike on a few gravel rides. I won't have a dedicated gravel bike next year so it's double-duty for me. Sure is a bit wide for 38C but it works.

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    Do they have a non-boost option for this wheel set?

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by NAU83 View Post
    I looked thru their offerings as I'm in the market for a 27.5'er boost set. This was the best deal with the 350s hubs in any wheel size/hub type that I saw.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NAU83 View Post
    I don't believe they stock non-boost 350 hubs. You can always ask them. I know they offer Novatec and Powerway in non-boost but I would be hesitant to get those hubs as they break easily.

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    Thanks, might be a good excuse to update my frame.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Do they have a weight limit?

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Cline View Post
    Do they have a weight limit?
    Was about to ask th same

mtbr member
    Nov 2017
    It seems to be 95 kg.
    Last edited by wayold; 10-24-2018 at 02:07 AM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    Bought three sets. 29'er, 27.5'er boost and 27.5'er non-boost as well as a couple pair of rims. I'm keeping a blog on these wheels here....nothing really to see yet, will update the blog more as I build and use them. Comments and questions welcome

https://billybicycle.com/2018/12/13/speedsafe/

Living the Dream
    Quote Originally Posted by Anger View Post
    Thanks again. I was going to order a set of DT XMC 1200's from Wisconsin Bike Shop on ebay, but was waiting for a 15% off coupon deal. Wisconsin Bike shop then raised their price by 20% on their last eight wheel sets. screw them. These will be just fine for my new hard tail chiner carbon build I'm assembling parts for this spring time.... and I can also use them on the full squish chiner i'm building right now. oh and don't forget 3% cash back on ebates.
    Do you if you can still get a deal on DT XMC 1200's in 29 inches and boost anywhere? Thanks,
    "And I shout that your all fakes and you should have seen the look on your face"

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpenglow View Post
    Do you if you can still get a deal on DT XMC 1200's in 29 inches and boost anywhere? Thanks,
    nope, i'm loosely searching for those myself. Any decent pair of 29'er boots for $1000 or less will do. I can get chiner sets on decent hubs all day long well under that price point, but I want to spread the risk with a few more common brand names like DT.

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    I may be willing to part with my XMC1200 boost wheelset. Less than 100 miles, only ridden on my local XC trails here in FL. I'd take $1000 shipped for anyone who is interested. PM me if interested and I can send pics.
    Last edited by matt.s67; 12-19-2018 at 05:05 AM.

BOOM goes the dynamite!
    Quote Originally Posted by matt.s67 View Post
    I may be willing to part with my XMC1200 boost wheelset. Less than 100 miles, only ridden on my local XC trails here in FL. I'd take $1000 shipped for anyone who is interested. Contact me at................and I can send pics.
    I don't need the wheels, but I'd take your personal info out before the spambots find it (if they haven't already).

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by noapathy View Post
    I don't need the wheels, but I'd take your personal info out before the spambots find it (if they haven't already).
    Edited my post, thank you.