WTB Vigilante Comp Thoughts?- Mtbr.com
    Wannabe Racer

WTB Vigilante Comp Thoughts?

Everybody who has tested these thinks that they are fantastic budget tyres that Have big knobs. I'm not sure if they're biased, but what do you guys think of these as because of these reviews, I want to buy a pair!
    Last edited by PinchFlatsAllDay; 1 Week Ago at 06:50 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Remember The Super Monster T's ? Because I wish I Didn't.

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Great tyres.Buy them.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    I've used the new tritec Vigilante and it was decent but I swapped it out for another Magic Mary. The bike park version of the Mary can be found really cheap at the moment.

Wannabe Racer
    Just Bought them from the shop, so far better than every other tyre I have used, But that's not really saying much!
    Remember The Super Monster T's ? Because I wish I Didn't.

mtbr member
    My last new bike purchase (last summer) came with a Vigilante for a front tire (Trail Boss on the rear). But they aren't the Comps. They are TCS Light/Fast Rolling (Trail Boss) and TCS Light/High Grip (Vigilante) compounds. However, the tread patterns are the same, so from that point of view...

I like 'em. I had been using various Maxxis, and Kenda's since the 1990's, and used to ride WTB's back when VelociRaptor's were the tire to be seen on. Until last summer, Kenda Nevegal's were my favorite all 'round. I think the WTB Vigilante is my favorite front tire for now. Especially when paired with the Trail Boss. My daily North Texas riding conditions see hard pack, loose pack, loose and fixed rock, roots, occasional sand (not real deep), and the unavoidable post rain tacky stuff. Riding style is fast (for me ) XC to slow steep techy up and down, and fast down rough stuff. I travel to ride typical stuff for Northwest Arkansas, Colorado, Northern California, Nevada, and New Mexico. Those trips take me on everything from gnarly to fast smooth flow and my share of air time. I've never felt the Vigilante/Trail Boss combo to be out of their element. They are always stable and predictable, and I never feel like I'm loosing control, and I feel I can lean over in turns more on these tires than any others. Braking is also really controlled and predictable. They've proven to be a great jack of all trade kinda tire, which matches my bike perfectly. I like them enough that I have 2 sets of spares. But interestingly, I have yet needed to dig into them. Pretty tough tires. They've lasted longer than any time I've used. Makes me wonder just how long the TCS Tough compound versions would last versus the TCS Light's I have.
    You didn't quit riding because you're old, you're old because you quit riding.