WTB Frequency rims- Mtbr.com
    AZ
    banned

Former Bike Wrench
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    They look like a good option. According to the literature the bead hook and bed meets UST standards although they are not actually UST certified, just UST compliant. The TCS tires to my knowledge are actually UST certified with sealant.

mtbr member
    Too bad the weight has increased for the i23 29er version.... they mentioned 470gr in previews, but now its 530gr. Together with the non-welded seam, they tend to lose to the ZTR Flow in my opinion.

Still a little cheaper though!

mtbr member
    The i23 29er 530g rim weight listed on the WTB website may be a typo.

I can back calculate the rim weight from the total wheelset weight. I weighed the 29er wheelset I built at 1,990g. The calculated weight is 1,925g. The difference in the two weights is 65g, which can be allocated equally to the two rims, so the average weight per rim is 470 + 65/2 = 502.5g.

I actually hung one of the rims on the scale hook and got a weight of 500g, but I can't find if I wrote the weight down. I will modify the reported weight in my thread for this rim.

If I back calculate the rim weight for the front wheel separately, on my scale the front wheel weighed 930g and the calculated wheel weight is 892g, The difference for the front is 38g. Adding 470g + 38g = 508g for the front rim.

The rear wheel weighed 1,060g and the calculated weight is 1,033g. The difference for the rear is 27g. Adding 470g + 27g = 497g for the rear rim.

Averaging the two calculated weights: Half of (508 + 497) is an average weight of 503g for a 29er i23 rim.

The Stans website lists the weight of a Flow 29er rim at 525g.

It looks like low weight, high strength and low cost favor the WTB Frequency i23 rim, in comparison with the Stans Flow rim. Maybe you can actually have all three in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by two-one View Post
    Too bad the weight has increased for the i23 29er version.... they mentioned 470gr in previews, but now its 530gr. Together with the non-welded seam, they tend to lose to the ZTR Flow in my opinion.

Still a little cheaper though!
    Hey everybody, ride my wheels! They ride good, real good.
    I'm a wheel builder. SRLPE Wheel Works. Send me a PM.

meow meow
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker72 View Post
    They look like a good option. According to the literature the bead hook and bed meets UST standards although they are not actually UST certified, just UST compliant. The TCS tires to my knowledge are actually UST certified with sealant.
    thats silly, so they meet ust spec but just didnt pay to liscence the logo? yet they paid to get their tires certified?

transmitter~receiver
    Quote Originally Posted by b-kul View Post
    thats silly, so they meet ust spec but just didnt pay to liscence the logo? yet they paid to get their tires certified?
    i think it's silly that they went UST cert on the tires, but I can understand that a bit more than the rims.
    adding UST certification to the rims would add lead time to the delivery date and cost to each rim. ENVE is an example of both.
    Quote Originally Posted by pvd
    Time to stop believing the hype and start doing some science.
    29er Tire Weight Database