Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Mar 2017

We Are One Composites

Hey folks,

I just wanted to introduce our company to the wheel forum. We are a Canadian carbon rim manufacturer and would like to open the dialogue for any of our products, offer any insight to carbon rim manufacturing and help in any way possible with any questions what so ever.

We hand lay all of our rims and build all of our wheels right here in Kamloops BC Canada. And ship directly to the consumer and through our dealer network.

You all have a great forum going here and we would enjoy being a part of the descussion.

Cheers

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tungsten View Post
    Link?
    Ditto. Also, I'm here if you ever need a 230 pound test person.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    Thanks @tungsten!

Ya our website is https://weareonecomposites.com

There is some great info on there about our process and who we are. All of our staff stems from a long history in Mountain Biking and we have built this venture from the ground up.

@astom22, we have some really solid physical testers here and have had a really great run at our Local BC Enduro Series rounds. Picking up every win in the Pro Men's field so far this year. Have you tried carbon rims as of yet?

Cheers

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    the project sounds interesting. Do you provide industry pricing to qualified shops?
    "We LOVE cows! They make trails for us.....

And then we eat them."

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    Absolutley, we love supporting the employees of our dealers. If you are keen to become a dealer, just email info@weareone.bike

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    the project sounds interesting. Do you provide industry pricing to qualified shops?

Braaap
    Producing carbon products in house and in North America is a huge feat now a days. Few carbon rim offerings can make such a claim and its all too easy to slap a decal on Chinese rims. I was skeptical at first, then came across a few pictures of your facility and molds. Good work!
    #showusyourcarbonfacility
    Dirt Merchant Bicycles
    Providing unrivaled support and unbeatable pricing on all cycling goods to riders near and far.

mtbr member
    Welcome, very interesting, pricing looks inline with the stuff out of Asia, which is truly amazing. One little thing I might point out, get a native english speaking person to go over the site with your designer and fix the the grammar and spelling, lots of grammatical and spelling errors.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    #showusyourcarbon is exactly that. The AGENT has been in the works for over nine months. It was no easy feat, and we have a very knowledgeable team that is capable of producing a very high-end product.
    The beauty of manufacturing over here is that we have made a choice to be small batch and focus on each rim coming out exactly as planned. We do not paint our rims and need to ensure our molds are very tight tolerance. All of our carbon is sourced in the US and cannot be found in Asia. The resin system is extremely strong and pliable.

We worked long and hard at perfecting this product before it came to market and it shows.

Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtMerchantBicycles View Post
    Producing carbon products in house and in North America is a huge feat now a days. Few carbon rim offerings can make such a claim and its all too easy to slap a decal on Chinese rims. I was skeptical at first, then came across a few pictures of your facility and molds. Good work!
    #showusyourcarbonfacility

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    There is a very long response here about us being in line with the Asian offerings. The short response is that we are small batch and a much smaller manufacturer than most of the Asian manufacturers. We have focused on our business plan and executed on our agenda to improve on our process to reduce the amount of overarching labor from each rim.
    Having a strong understanding of our business model and plan has allowed us to be very competitive with our pricing and we are happy only manufacturing a few rims per month.
    As for the grammar on our site, I will have to look further into this. We did have numerous people preview it and found a few errors.

Thanks for the input

Quote Originally Posted by LyNx View Post
    Welcome, very interesting, pricing looks inline with the stuff out of Asia, which is truly amazing. One little thing I might point out, get a native english speaking person to go over the site with your designer and fix the the grammar and spelling, lots of grammatical and spelling errors.

Anytime. Anywhere.
    One little thing I might point out, get a native english speaking person to go over the site with your designer and fix the the grammar and spelling, lots of grammatical and spelling errors.
    I did not proof read the whole site, but these guys are in Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada, and are english native speakers. Probably more focused on engineering and riding.

It's good to see some Canadian manufacturing, good luck.

If there is a cultural homeland for mountain biking, BC is in the running. Our town's mayor, who is a non rider showed up for our club's annual general meeting to express her support, and recognize what mtb has done for the economy.
    I got some bad ideas in my head.

Class Clown
    I'm guessing the 26" is just around the corner

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bickle View Post
    I did not proof read the whole site, but these guys are in Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada, and are english native speakers. Probably more focused on engineering and riding.
    Professionalism is important.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by WeAreOne_Composites View Post
    Thanks @tungsten!

Ya our website is https://weareonecomposites.com

There is some great info on there about our process and who we are. All of our staff stems from a long history in Mountain Biking and we have built this venture from the ground up.

@astom22, we have some really solid physical testers here and have had a really great run at our Local BC Enduro Series rounds. Picking up every win in the Pro Men's field so far this year. Have you tried carbon rims as of yet?

Cheers
    I have not ridden carbon rims yet, but I'm looking at upgrading my current wheels after the summer riding season ends. Carbon rims are on the possible upgrade list.

I will check out your site and see what you have to offer.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    You are correct sir. We are Canucks and know more about hockey and Tim Horton's than any punctuation. LOL
    We just launched our website on June 1st, and we did our best to make everything perfect. But hey we are all humans, and it appears we missed some errors.
    Great to get those now and it is always good to be held accountable. All kinds of feedback are important.

Back to building rims now, and getting our initial orders out the door!

Cheers

It's good to see some Canadian manufacturing, good luck.

If there is a cultural homeland for mountain biking, BC is in the running. Our town's mayor, who is a non rider showed up for our club's annual general meeting to express her support, and recognize what mtb has done for the economy.

mtbr member
    One thing I read on your site that I found interesting was a mention of carbon recycling and wanted to know more about this, as I was un-aware that carbon could actually be recycled, similar to styrofoam.

Wasn't trying to be negative, just happen to have been in that business for a while and so pick up on anything, especially the little details people miss. From what I saw, it honestly looked like the person who wrote the text for the site did not speak english as their native language, like it was a french speaking Canadian as that's how the "errors" read.

Elitest thrill junkie
    One thing I read on your site that I found interesting was a mention of carbon recycling and wanted to know more about this, as I was un-aware that carbon could actually be recycled, similar to styrofoam.

Wasn't trying to be negative, just happen to have been in that business for a while and so pick up on anything, especially the little details people miss. From what I saw, it honestly looked like the person who wrote the text for the site did not speak english as their native language, like it was a french speaking Canadian as that's how the "errors" read.
    Couldn't you chop it up and make CFRP? Lots of products use CFRP, especially ones that are difficult shapes to produce or don't require the same strength to weight ratio as straight CF type designs.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

mtbr member
    Carbon fiber can be ground up and used in other applications, not really a true recycling in the common sense.

mtbr member
    Mar 2017

No offense was taken. It was good feedback. I combed the site yesterday and found some honest mistakes. We get better every day and build on feedback like this. So, a sincere thank you for the help. It was greatly appreciated.
    As for the carbon recycling, we are collecting information on the process and working with a German company to gain more knowledge of how to better our waste. Chopped carbon is something that can be done, but it is a very extensive process and involves a load of capital. So, for now, we are still working towards that solution, but it is something we see as a huge part of our business as we grow. There is a mountain of spent carbon fiber out there every year and we would like to be a part of a solution for where it ends up.

transmitter~receiver
    If you had a rim that competed with the Teocalli I'd seriously consider it.
    As wide as possible under the 400g mark will do very well I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    Professionalism is important.
    Yep & yep.
    Quote Originally Posted by pvd
    Time to stop believing the hype and start doing some science.
    29er Tire Weight Database

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by meltingfeather View Post
    If you had a rim that competed with the Teocalli I'd seriously consider it.
    As wide as possible under the 400g mark will do very well I think.

Yep & yep.
    I agree 100%, we entered the market based on our previous market research and The AGENT rim and wheel package is our initial offering. In our R&D pipeline, we have a few different designs, widths and weights. We have full intentions of launching other rim products within this year. We will keep you posted as things progress.

Cheers

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    Just wanted to drop some cool content for you all to enjoy. The Movement is our way of entering the market and showing you some cool clips of what is to come. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hd-zpHKJes

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Both the 29 and 27.5 rim are spec'd at 480g. Is that correct?

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by spsoon View Post
    Both the 29 and 27.5 rim are spec'd at 480g. Is that correct?
    The AGENT 27.5 is 480g +/- 10g
    https://we-are-one-composites.odoo.c...nt-27-5-rim-20

The AGENT 29 is 490g +/- 10g
    https://we-are-one-composites.odoo.c...gent-29-rim-46

Our 29 and 27 are only 10g apart

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    The 29 page says 480g.

I'm happy to see this happening in Canada, but I have to say I'm not feeling the value in these offerings when a Flow rim is similar weight and width for a fraction of the price. I realize carbon has benefits other than weight, but it's a big consideration. Hope you guys succeed, I'll be watching for some sub-400g options!

The Bubble Wrap Hysteria
    Quote Originally Posted by dundundata View Post
    I'm guessing the 26" is just around the corner
    Haven't you heard 26 has been long dead and 27.5 is now dying........36 around the corner. Five years from now we will be riding full suspension high wheelers.

Made in North America carbon rims at Asian prices........if this works this could be a game changer

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by spsoon View Post
    The 29 page says 480g.

I'm happy to see this happening in Canada, but I have to say I'm not feeling the value in these offerings when a Flow rim is similar weight and width for a fraction of the price. I realize carbon has benefits other than weight, but it's a big consideration. Hope you guys succeed, I'll be watching for some sub-400g options!
    Being able to manufacture our rims here in Canada has made us just as stoked. We understand that the cost of carbon rims are not on par with aluminum offerings and will be forever impossible to narrow the cost gap.
    But when you look at the same weight rims in alloy's to carbon, you get a much different result in performance. Carbon is a high-performance material. The added lateral stiffness and overall strength of just the rim before it is laced into a wheel is considerably higher. You can fine tune how you want a rim to behave. You can engineer in traits that improve all kinds of behaviors.
    Take Impact resistance for instance. It was a huge target of design for us. We spent more time on that section of the rim than any other. And, we feel that it is strong enough to back it with a 5-year warranty, and no questions asked lifetime crash replacement.
    Our goal when we set out to design The AGENT, was the ultimate Enduro rim. 3.5mm rim lips and a shallow depth for long days without added fatigue. The Agent is not the swiss army knife of rims; it is the sniper.
    What I would recommend is, stay tuned as we have much more in the works.

mtbr member
    As someone who doesn't have carbon wheel money to spend right now, I guess I'm not part of this, but these are my thoughts on this... Personally, as a non engineer, I cannot understand how a 650B rim and a 29er rim can be only 10g different in weight and both maintain the same characteristics.

A 29er rim of the same width as a 650B rim would be in the area of about 10% more surface area, so how can adding only 10g of carbon fibre (roughly 2%) to the 29er offering maintain the same strength and ride characteristics? Know my math is off about the difference in size between the 2 wheel sizes, I'm sure you can give a more accurate figure and would be interested in hearing how this would be accomplished , when to me it would seem like magic.

The AGENT 27.5 is 480g +/- 10g
    https://we-are-one-composites.odoo.c...nt-27-5-rim-20

The AGENT 29 is 490g +/- 10g
    https://we-are-one-composites.odoo.c...gent-29-rim-46

Our 29 and 27 are only 10g apart

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    As someone who doesn't have carbon wheel money to spend right now, I guess I'm not part of this, but these are my thoughts on this... Personally, as a non engineer, I cannot understand how a 650B rim and a 29er rim can be only 10g different in weight and both maintain the same characteristics.

A 29er rim of the same width as a 650B rim would be in the area of about 10% more surface area, so how can adding only 10g of carbon fibre (roughly 2%) to the 29er offering maintain the same strength and ride characteristics? Know my math is off about the difference in size between the 2 wheel sizes, I'm sure you can give a more accurate figure and would be interested in hearing how this would be accomplished , when to me it would seem like magic.
    This is where the testing and understanding how and what each layer is doing to give the rim the characteristic you want as a result. Not every layer is meant to add improved strength. Some are there to improve ride feel and others bridge gaps and connect the puzzle together.
    What you are asking is a great question, but without going into great detail with a response that is more about how we do what we do and give away too much information, this is the best I can offer.
    The long and short of it all is, we were able to achieve this through loads of R&D, testing and refining our processes. It all starts with a goal and a design. It is the hard work and engineering that achieves the goal. Combine that with all the data that we recorded throughout the process and 10g heavier is the result.

I hope that isn't too vauge.

mtbr member
    What do you think of the new Santa Cruz rim with extra meat around each spoke hole.
    As someone who built a lot, and I mean a lot, of Wolber tubular rims back in the day and saw how too much tension distorted that area supporting the nipple I think that (Santa Cruz's) idea is a good one.

mtbr member
    Nope, if that's as much as you can share. Still though, I may not be an engineer, but I've had some experience with fibre glass and carbon and you just have to add an extra tea spoon of resin and that's 10g. Just can't see this as possible, not and retain the same strength and ride characteristics, the 29er rim has to be weaker and have more flex relative to the 650B.
    .......I hope that isn't too vague.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Still though, I may not be an engineer, but I've had some experience with fibre glass and carbon and you just have to add an extra tea spoon of resin and that's 10g.
    You're intuition is right, LyNx, and you don't need to be an engineer to know when you're being lied to.

Scaling the rim up to 622 should add 30g, not 10. If the difference is real, which it may not be, then there should be a reasonable explanation. What's offered here is not one.

What's more likely, that "hard working" engineers accomplish something that defies logic and that is never seen in other products, that a company with no track record pushes out products with different layups that they don't understand, or that a company publishes specs that are inconsistent and at odds with reality?

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by craigsj View Post
    You're intuition is right, LyNx, and you don't need to be an engineer to know when you're being lied to.

Scaling the rim up to 622 should add 30g, not 10. If the difference is real, which it may not be, then there should be a reasonable explanation. What's offered here is not one.

What's more likely, that "hard working" engineers accomplish something that defies logic and that is never seen in other products, that a company with no track record pushes out products with different layups that they don't understand, or that a company publishes specs that are inconsistent and at odds with reality?
    I do not think we are lying to anyone here.
    The layups are not the same. If they were the same layup, the diameter of the rim would make them behave differently.
    The rims were designed for the same purpose, and there are slight variations in the layup to keep the 29 down in weight and keep the performance in line with the 27.5

Our Teams background is complete with experience engineering at Rolls-Royce in the composites department and working with Asian carbon rim manufacturers to better processes and improve their products for the North American market. This product has been in the development stages for eight months. We test all of our products in-house and have a full understanding of what behaviors we engineer into them. All of our processes are done in-house. We machine all of our molds, cut all of our carbon, layup and finish all of our rims here. Nothing is farmed out, and we have full control over the entire manufacturing process.

We recognize that the carbon rim market is murky. There is a load of companies out there that do not even know who makes their products and just apply fancy decals. We pride ourselves on not being grouped into that bracket. Our goal is to be transparent as possible without giving away all of our proprietary data.

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Good job bringing an in-house product like this to market. Hope to see you guys succeed. I used to live in Kamloops, and if I was still up there I would possibly be considering a set of these wheels.

Your video on YouTube was pretty rad - you guys going to drop some 20" Carbon BMX wheels in the future?

mtbpete
    Nice looking rims!

mtbr member
    Mar 2017

Factory tour

I just wanted to share a small factory tour video we are showing to introduce out team and show a bit of our process.

Please share your thoughts with me and I would be happy to answer any questions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4NGxFuonok

Cheers

mtbr member
    You asked for it, so here's my thoughts.........

Nicely produced, utterly useless to a consumer. You want to reassure and make possible future clients trust you, spend sometime with interviews of the actual people working there, show their passion and knowledge, not some nicely lit fluff piece.

FYI, I have nothing against you or your company, I don't trust anything new,especially when they're claiming to have basically designed a "hummingbird"

I just wanted to share a small factory tour video we are showing to introduce out team and show a bit of our process.

Please share your thoughts with me and I would be happy to answer any questions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4NGxFuonok

Cheers

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    You asked for it, so here's my thoughts.........

Nicely produced, utterly useless to a consumer. You want to reassure and make possible future clients trust you, spend sometime with interviews of the actual people working there, show their passion and knowledge, not some nicely lit fluff piece.

FYI, I have nothing against you or your company, I don't trust anything new,especially when they're claiming to have basically designed a "hummingbird"
    Thanks for your honest opinion. In business, nothing happens over night. The team in the video has a long history in the mountain bike industry, and I would love to share our passion with you.

I am the owner, and my name is Dustin Adams. I spent the last 25 years in the mountain bike business, racing World Cup Downhill for Giant in the USA, I have tested for many great companies over the years and am excited to bring We Are One to the world. Most recently, I was part owner of NOBL wheels and an acting agent for Light Bicycle. My role in both of those companies shows in much of their success over the past 18 months. I helped lead the company and bring Onyx to the table and design the NOBL hub. My other roles were the testing and design of the new 33mm rim and took that product from idea to the market. I have been to Light-bicycle and helped improve the layup process and made improvement suggestions for them to grow as a company.

Our Engineer is Fraser Andrew, he came from Rolls-Royce and worked on structural composite components for the engines on may commercial airliners. He has a massive catalog of knowledge with composites and has helped build all of our in-house testing and layup designs. Fraser brings his background working with FEA software, and we utilize this to develop and improve all of our products. Fraser has competed in many EWS races in Europe and North America and has left his post in England to find a job in the bike biz.

Our lead machinist is Gilles Corbiel, Gilles is an ex-Canadian National XC racer and has been machining as a red seal mold maker for almost 15 years now. He makes all of our molds with our Hass VM3 and as a team with Fraser and myself fine tuned our mold process.

Our two layup staff are Shane Jensen and Wayne Parsons. Shane has been racing bikes since he was 12 years old. Shane had a part in an old mountain bike movie called Kranked 2. He wore a huge 16mm helmet camera and filmed me in Kelowna. We go way back together.
    Wayne has helped design tires for Maxxis and with Balfa bicycles in the past. He has always been pushing to improve products in our industry and is well known for his great work in our area.

The passion of our team is undeniable, and our knowledge of composites manufacturing is extensive. We believe in being a transparent company and leaving nothing to question. The goal for We Are One is to create industry leading products through testing and confirmed design. Our focus is innovating our layup design and bringing new materials into our structures that enhance composite rims.

I hope these short few paragraphs shine some more light on who we are, where our passions come from, and what we aim to do as a company.

Cheers

transmitter~receiver
    Thanks for your honest opinion. In business, nothing happens over night. The team in the video has a long history in the mountain bike industry, and I would love to share our passion with you.

I am the owner, and my name is Dustin Adams. I spent the last 25 years in the mountain bike business, racing World Cup Downhill for Giant in the USA, I have tested for many great companies over the years and am excited to bring We Are One to the world. Most recently, I was part owner of NOBL wheels and an acting agent for Light Bicycle. My role in both of those companies shows in much of their success over the past 18 months. I helped lead the company and bring Onyx to the table and design the NOBL hub. My other roles were the testing and design of the new 33mm rim and took that product from idea to the market. I have been to Light-bicycle and helped improve the layup process and made improvement suggestions for them to grow as a company.

Our Engineer is Fraser Andrew, he came from Rolls-Royce and worked on structural composite components for the engines on may commercial airliners. He has a massive catalog of knowledge with composites and has helped build all of our in-house testing and layup designs. Fraser brings his background working with FEA software, and we utilize this to develop and improve all of our products. Fraser has competed in many EWS races in Europe and North America and has left his post in England to find a job in the bike biz.

Our lead machinist is Gilles Corbiel, Gilles is an ex-Canadian National XC racer and has been machining as a red seal mold maker for almost 15 years now. He makes all of our molds with our Hass VM3 and as a team with Fraser and myself fine tuned our mold process.

Our two layup staff are Shane Jensen and Wayne Parsons. Shane has been racing bikes since he was 12 years old. Shane had a part in an old mountain bike movie called Kranked 2. He wore a huge 16mm helmet camera and filmed me in Kelowna. We go way back together.
    Wayne has helped design tires for Maxxis and with Balfa bicycles in the past. He has always been pushing to improve products in our industry and is well known for his great work in our area.

The passion of our team is undeniable, and our knowledge of composites manufacturing is extensive. We believe in being a transparent company and leaving nothing to question. The goal for We Are One is to create industry leading products through testing and confirmed design. Our focus is innovating our layup design and bringing new materials into our structures that enhance composite rims.

I hope these short few paragraphs shine some more light on who we are, where our passions come from, and what we aim to do as a company.

Cheers
    Make a comparable rim to the Teocalli and I'll guarantee the sale of at least one pair.

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    Make a comparable rim to the Teocalli and I'll guarantee the sale of at least one pair.
    We are in development of something new and up your alley. We are aiming to have something for early fall if testing goes according to plan.

Cheers

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    Another small insight to our testing of impact done on our AGENT rims. In this link, you will see the 27.5 rim built to 125Kg/f tension absorb and impact of 70lbs dropped from 17" in height. Notice there deformation of the rim, and the impact zone spokes lose all tension. The load is then sent to the 6,7,8 spokes away from the impact zone and causes a failure to happen.
    This test helped us develop a better nipple bed area layup and optimize spoke tension. Now our rims are pushing drop impact tests of 20" with the same weight. A huge improvement and a huge part of our development.
    There is no damage to the impact zone of the rim at all. This was the 8th impact test as you can see on the rim, so the abuse was considerable on the rim at that point. Can carbon be designed to absorb impacts? We are working towards it and have made some very big gains.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgOb7__9FYs

Cheers

Anytime. Anywhere.
    I got some bad ideas in my head.

mtbr member
    Curious about this little tid bit and what rims they compared theirs to? Did they compare to an Enve M50/60/70/90, new SC rims, Nox Farlow/Teocali, Ibis, Bontrager Line Pro, Derbie, LB, Nextie..... which did it beat? I'm giving hassle here, because that's a mighty big claim they're putting out there.

We believe with all of the testing our design is the toughest 30mm wide rim on the market.

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    Curious about this little tid bit and what rims they compared theirs to? Did they compare to an Enve M50/60/70/90, new SC rims, Nox Farlow/Teocali, Ibis, Bontrager Line Pro, Derbie, LB, Nextie..... which did it beat? I'm giving hassle here, because that's a mighty big claim they're putting out there.
    For sure those claims are big. But with test data in hand and comparisons done in-house, those are the numbers, and they back up what we are saying. We have tested against a number of companies on your list, and a few Asian manufacturers that are not on your list.
    There is a level of professionalism here where it would be very poor on my part to start calling out names. I hope you understand that I cannot rattle off the names. This may look like I am just throwing crap at a wall, but if my word means anything, the claim supports what we have done.

Cheers

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    There is a level of professionalism here where it would be very poor on my part to start calling out names.
    Is this professionalism? Or a bike industry code of silence?

The marketplace is full of direct comparisons between competitors. The bike industry, less so. Essentially, you are telling your potential customers that it is more important that you not create friction with your competitors than to be transparent and data-showing with your customers.

Is it really a dis-service to the bike world if you show your $425 rim surviving potentially destructive tests that are representative of aggressive riding, while showing a $1000 Envy rim fail the same? There is a case to made that it would benefit your business.

I like your design philosophy and hope you succeed, and I'm not suggesting you're lying about your data. But don't expect to get the same credibility with claims supported by hidden/secret data as you would with claims supported by public data.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    In this link, you will see the 27.5 rim built to 125Kg/f tension absorb and impact of 70lbs dropped from 17" in height.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgOb7__9FYs
    One example of the earlier comments about grammatical errors on the website, note that your linked youtube title doesn't manage to spell "impact" correctly. Friendly fyi.

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by InertiaMan View Post
    Is this professionalism? Or a bike industry code of silence?

The marketplace is full of direct comparisons between competitors. The bike industry, less so. Essentially, you are telling your potential customers that it is more important that you not create friction with your competitors than to be transparent and data-showing with your customers.

Is it really a dis-service to the bike world if you show your $425 rim surviving destructive tests that are representative of aggressive riding, while showing a $1000 Envy rim fail the same? There is a case to made that it would benefit your business.

I like your design philosophy and hope you succeed, and I'm not suggesting you're lying about your data. But don't expect to get the same credibility with claims supported by hidden/secret data as you would with claims supported by public data.
    I think the level of professionalism comes from being the new guy on the block and not screaming and pounding the drum calling every other company inferior in design. I respect what they all have done as it is no easy task. Out of my respect for their efforts I do not feel the need to drag them by name through the mud. It is not the right apporoach even if I would gain sales or reputation.
    There was a direct question of who we tested against. My answer is a good number of those on the list.
    Marketing has focused on graphs and charts stating the claims without any proof of that data even existing. There was a classic case of this on a recent offering dropped by a large bike manufacturer and I see no benefit to joining that club.
    Ask me specific questions about what we compare to and I will support that with numbers and data we collected. If we are less stiff than an M90, M70, IBIS etc...where we sit radially on the chart of test subjects and why we chose that target.
    We will be happy to have those discussions, but thowing up a chart and saying "look we are better because this graph says so" is no our approach.

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by InertiaMan View Post
    One example of the earlier comments about grammatical errors on the website, note that your linked youtube title doesn't manage to spell "impact" correctly. Friendly fyi.
    The joys of being dyslexic and trying to promote a company are always a blast. Thanks for catching this one for me.

mtbr member
    You guys going to have demo sets available at some of the LBS? Nothing like actually trying a product on the trail to determine how great it actually is (And get people to fork over cash when they immediately appreciate it)

You are fitting in just fine to the industry for sure - making claims that your stuff is better/stronger, but not actually throwing the true evidence out there. Good news is we are sheep, and believe boost is better. And pressfit bb. And 27.5 - oh wait, 29 now

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by 006_007 View Post
    You guys going to have demo sets available at some of the LBS? Nothing like actually trying a product on the trail to determine how great it actually is (And get people to fork over cash when they immediately appreciate it)

You are fitting in just fine to the industry for sure - making claims that your stuff is better/stronger, but not actually throwing the true evidence out there. Good news is we are sheep, and believe boost is better. And pressfit bb. And 27.5 - oh wait, 29 now
    If we gave you every bit of information all at once, what would we have to continue growing our reach with? We are on the long build up here, and there will be more backing to our claims as we go.
    I remember chatting with you when I worked for NOBL. My offer that I had put on the table then still stands. Any time you want to go for a ride and try these wheels out, let me know, and I personally will set you up and go for a ride together and get your honest feedback.

Elitest thrill junkie
    If we gave you every bit of information all at once, what would we have to continue growing our reach with?
    Business 101, offer something that no one else does. Continue to change and develop because eventually someone will come along that will do what you do cheaper, faster, more efficiently and better. Right now, the public is waiting to learn how you offer something unique as compared to all the others. Lots of other manufactures are making good carbon rims, so your challenge is to convince the public that your product is worth it (with facts and evidence).

mtbr member
    I'm sorry, it would seem that maybe, yes, that's exactly what you're doing, seems you're slinging as much BS as those other manufacturers you're eluding to without providing the facts/data to back it up. I should not have to try and guess who you tested against and try to figure out what tests you carried out, I'm not the one trying to convince everyone your wheels are worth it and it's not a load of BS being thrown out.

While I think you guys are probably producing a great product, the direction your marketing is going, does not lead me to believe you guys have a good grasp of that side of the business and are contradicting yourselves at every turn. It's fine if this is the case, but companies don't usually survive unless they have a sound business model, marketing and sales/CS in place - people like straight answers, not BS. Seems like "you guys" are trying to handle everything, but it might be a good time to actually hire someone/company who does this for a living and concentrate on dealing with the production/design side of the business.

For sure those claims are big. But with test data in hand and comparisons done in-house, those are the numbers, and they back up what we are saying. We have tested against a number of companies on your list, and a few Asian manufacturers that are not on your list.
    There is a level of professionalism here where it would be very poor on my part to start calling out names. I hope you understand that I cannot rattle off the names. This may look like I am just throwing crap at a wall, but if my word means anything, the claim supports what we have done.

Cheers
    Ask me specific questions about what we compare to and I will support that with numbers and data we collected. If we are less stiff than an M90, M70, IBIS etc...where we sit radially on the chart of test subjects and why we chose that target.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    And when Enve state somethings like that, everybody goes nuts like it's the new circle and they are even whilling to paid premium for pre-order.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    The world is full of people who get off just hammering others. In time, the wheels and company will prove to be viable or not. So in the mean time, let's stop the naysaying. Be happy and applaud the entrepreneurial spirit. We need more of that.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    how/why did you guys choose project321 hubs? any chance we can purchase rim only? or with i9's or ck hubs? any colored decals?

in my next wheel purchase, i'd like to get hubs i can service or maybe get locally serviced. many of the lbs in my can service i9s or ck hubs in house.

price wise, 1600-1700 isn't horrible for a carbon wheelset, considering enve m70hv's are like 2900 with ck hubs, but at least enve provides financing.

im glad there's a new carbon rim thats symmetrical. the whole asymmetric rim was driving my OCD off the charts.

definitely interested in how these rims hold up with reviews and comparison tests.
    2017 yeti sb6c turq x01 eagle

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    I'm sorry, it would seem that maybe, yes, that's exactly what you're doing, seems you're slinging as much BS as those other manufacturers you're eluding to without providing the facts/data to back it up. I should not have to try and guess who you tested against and try to figure out what tests you carried out, I'm not the one trying to convince everyone your wheels are worth it and it's not a load of BS being thrown out.

While I think you guys are probably producing a great product, the direction your marketing is going, does not lead me to believe you guys have a good grasp of that side of the business and are contradicting yourselves at every turn. It's fine if this is the case, but companies don't usually survive unless they have a sound business model, marketing and sales/CS in place - people like straight answers, not BS. Seems like "you guys" are trying to handle everything, but it might be a good time to actually hire someone/company who does this for a living and concentrate on dealing with the production/design side of the business.
    I thank you for all of your direct comments on our company and what we could do better. I do just want to point out that there is a lot more to just posting up data that supports claims, especially when you want to name your competitors.
    There are legal ramifications and major implications that can cause more damage than good to a start up. If I were to state a claim that we were better than, say Enve as they are the largest...I am going to be legally obligated to prove in a court of law my data, supply them with it and have a judge agree. Even if the data is all in place it could end up costing me a whack of money to fight that in court. Naming companies isn't just something you can willy nilly fire off and expect no legal ramifications. A 50 million dollar corporation with a probable legal department that handles all of their owned brands is not a good way to prove your data unless you like burning cash in court to do so.

We know internally where we stand, now we need to continue with our roll out as planned and bring our information to the market as we have planned.

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by useport80 View Post
    how/why did you guys choose project321 hubs? any chance we can purchase rim only? or with i9's or ck hubs? any colored decals?

in my next wheel purchase, i'd like to get hubs i can service or maybe get locally serviced. many of the lbs in my can service i9s or ck hubs in house.

price wise, 1600-1700 isn't horrible for a carbon wheelset, considering enve m70hv's are like 2900 with ck hubs, but at least enve provides financing.

im glad there's a new carbon rim thats symmetrical. the whole asymmetric rim was driving my OCD off the charts.

definitely interested in how these rims hold up with reviews and comparison tests.
    For sure you can buy rim only. We sell both of our 29 and 27.5 as rim and wheelset only.

We chose P321 as our premium hub supplier based on their machine quality and tolerances. The bearings they use, EZO, have been proving to be very good. It is a huge improvement to the Enduro bearings they used in the past. The option of both loud and quiet is also a very nice touch. Being personal fans of a more quiet ride, this was one of the coolest options we could have asked for.

The hubs do not have a press fit/o-ring retained freehub. The freehub will not fall apart on the trail if you drop your rear wheel changing a flat. All of the bearings are easy to access and any competent shop that can change and I9 bearing set would be capable of swapping these out and doing service.
    The only thing they might need if you wanted to change the ring gear is the removal tool. Other than that the hub is pretty simple to work on.
    We have some great videos on how to swap out bearings, and completely tear apart the hubs. The will be up on our site soon.

Cheers

transmitter~receiver
    I thank you for all of your direct comments on our company and what we could do better. I do just want to point out that there is a lot more to just posting up data that supports claims, especially when you want to name your competitors.
    [...]
    We know internally where we stand, now we need to continue with our roll out as planned and bring our information to the market as we have planned.
    Just to provide a counterpoint to LyNx's typical aggro and contrarian attitude, your approach and confidence you have in it is landing very positively with me.
    If dingleberry wants to see another cartoon figure so he can then go about peeing all over it, he just wants to continue the paradigm that he so energetically complains about.
    Like I said... you've sold one pair of rims already... if you fill that Teocalli sweet spot with a product.

Flappity flappity flap

Seriously, quit living in the past and get a 36er.

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    Just wanted to update you all.

We just added 28 hole rims to our selection as well as a stealth decal option.

Cheers

transmitter~receiver
    Just wanted to update you all.

We just added 28 hole rims to our selection as well as a stealth decal option.

Cheers
    Two thumbs up on both of those additions. Which, if my math is correct, is s total of four thumbs up.

mtbr member
    Well despite what you say, when someone says they're better at something than someone else, but shows nothing to back it up, I have a hard time believing them, especially when a business is concerned. As far as not wanting to provide names, well, without providing names they are basically saying they're better than them all. As to the legality of it all and having to go to court to proves their claims if they names names, well, if they've got accurate and true data, then AFAIK, the entity who looses a court case pays all legal fees etc., so no worries there.

Just so you know, I'm actually for this company because I think it's cool how and what they're doing, just don't like people throwing out claims they can't or won't substantiate.

Just to provide a counterpoint to LyNx's typical aggro and contrarian attitude, your approach and confidence you have in it is landing very positively with me.
    If dingleberry wants to see another cartoon figure so he can then go about peeing all over it, he just wants to continue the paradigm that he so energetically complains about.
    Like I said... you've sold one pair of rims already... if you fill that Teocalli sweet spot with a product.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I'm interested in these rims.

Do you guys sell to shops or only direct to consumer?

I ask as my lil hole-in-the-wall town seems to have a plethora of enve clad road and xc rigs. Plus my Chinese carbon rim bikes and a few others on OG NOBLs.

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by PUNKY View Post
    I'm interested in these rims.

Do you guys sell to shops or only direct to consumer?

I ask as my lil hole-in-the-wall town seems to have a plethora of enve clad road and xc rigs. Plus my Chinese carbon rim bikes and a few others on OG NOBLs.
    Yes, we have a dealer application we can send you no problems. Just fire us an email to sales@weareone.bike and we will be happy to set you up.

Cheers

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Do you have bead hooks on the rims?
    I'm running a hookless carbon wheelset now, and I've noticed a very negative effect on tire security compared to my old alu wheelset with bead hooks.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Losvar View Post
    I'm running a hookless carbon wheelset now, and I've noticed a very negative effect on tire security compared to my old alu wheelset with bead hooks.
    Typically, most aluminum rims do not have the channels and humps to the same degree that carbon rims do, so when the tire bead stretches over these to lock in place, it's pretty darn secure. On aluminum rims, this interface is often much looser and they don't have as much freedom to design these shapes in due to the extruding of aluminum.

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    Typically, most aluminum rims do not have the channels and humps to the same degree that carbon rims do, so when the tire bead stretches over these to lock in place, it's pretty darn secure. On aluminum rims, this interface is often much looser and they don't have as much freedom to design these shapes in due to the extruding of aluminum.
    My problem is that the tires seem to slip over the bead wall thingy on my carbon rims way too easy, and they aren't super shallow either.

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    My problem is that the tires seem to slip over the bead wall thingy on my carbon rims way too easy, and they aren't super shallow either.
    Can you share what rims you are running?

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    There are many factors at play to successfully running a hookless bead system. Dimensions have to be super tight at the manufacturing phase of the rim. Once the rim turns into a wheel, a solid manufacturer will have accounted for expansion and shrinkage of the dimensions when the rims turn into wheels. This is sometimes a shortfall of some rims.
    If tight tolerances are followed, and then those are in turn then hand sanded and coated it makes everything fall out of whack. So there is an unknown if they will perform or not.
    Tubeless tape can play a huge factor in this as well. If your tape exceeds the bead bump and is smooth, you can aid in the burping of tires. Plus some tire manufacturers are not hookless capable.

As I have noted, there are many factors at play and if you could share more info on your product you have, tubeless tape your running, how far past the bead bump your running your tape it could be a simple fix.

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    I have a set of Zelvy carbon rims, 30 mm internal width and was using 25 mm Orange tape. Blew my Continental Baron Projekt off the rim when seating the bead, pumped it up to 3 bar to sit for a while, then boom! Warped the casing on that tire, and had to retire it.

I used to set up my tubeless tires the exact same way on my alu wheelset with no issues.

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    I have a set of Zelvy carbon rims, 30 mm internal width and was using 25 mm Orange tape. Blew my Continental Baron Projekt off the rim when seating the bead, pumped it up to 3 bar to sit for a while, then boom! Warped the casing on that tire, and had to retire it.

I used to set up my tubeless tires the exact same way on my alu wheelset with no issues.
    There is your problem right there. Continental does not work at all with Hookless rims. We tested all of there De Baron and De Kaiser tires and they all randomly blew off the rims. We have contacted Conti and they say that these tires are not hookless capable. Change tires and you will be in a much better light.

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    A damn shame really, those are both amazing tires.

Do you have any plans for a lightweight trail wheelset in 29"?

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    Some great initial thoughts and photos on our Agent 27.5 wheels over at NSMB..com

https://nsmb.com/articles/we-are-one-agent-wheelset/

Look for MTBR.com thoughts soon as well.

Cheers and hope the trails are running fast!

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    A damn shame really, those are both amazing tires.

Do you have any plans for a lightweight trail wheelset in 29"?
    Ya for sure it is a damn shame. I really enjoy the Der Kaiser tire. It has an amazing brake track and is an unreal shape on a wider rim. But I can only make it half a ride before the whole bead lets go. If you run tubes it will hold as the tube acts like a semi bead lock and holds the bead better. I hope one day soon they get this figured out as I really enjoy the Conti tires.

We are working on our trail line as we speak. Look for a mid Sept-Early October launch.

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    We just launched out Hope hub addition to our Agent wheelset line today. Hope as you know has offered a great product at a competitive price for quite some time now. We are happy to bring this product to our wheel package and it has allowed us to shave some dollars and close the gap even further on price.
    Check it out below

https://we-are-one-composites.odoo.c...eelset-hope-81

https://we-are-one-composites.odoo.c...eelset-hope-79

Cheers

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Wow, $1500CAD which is like $1200USD...you guys are killing it!

Going to be hard not to pick these up over the winter when the bank account recovers a bit...

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Porch View Post
    Wow, $1500CAD which is like $1200USD...you guys are killing it!

Going to be hard not to pick these up over the winter when the bank account recovers a bit...
    Cheers. We were able to finally secure a great line on the Hope product, and it has put us in an excellent position to launch a more price sensitive product line. Look forward to seeing you in the spring.

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    We are looking for some feedback from people on what hub we sell is currently sparking your interest, or if there are other hubs on the market you find to be a better selection. Head on over to our Facebook page and we'd love to hear what you think.

https://www.facebook.com/weareonecom...30187720390908

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I don't have FB so I'll leave my comment here.

Onyx CentreLock hubs on WAO rims is what I'm after. In fact if my shop ever gets back to me that they set up an account with you guys that's exactly what they'll be building for my bike once I supply the hubs.

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by PUNKY View Post
    I don't have FB so I'll leave my comment here.

Onyx CentreLock hubs on WAO rims is what I'm after. In fact if my shop ever gets back to me that they set up an account with you guys that's exactly what they'll be building for my bike once I supply the hubs.
    Onyx is a great hub, you will enjoy them without question. Let me know if I can help your shop get these rolling for you.
    What made you choose the Sprag system over a traditional hub?

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    If I were to get the P321 Agent wheelset in 15x100 12x142 (non-boost), are there boost adapters available to "Boostinate" later? If not, could this be done with the Hope Pro4's

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagon650B View Post
    If I were to get the P321 Agent wheelset in 15x100 12x142 (non-boost), are there boost adapters available to "Boostinate" later? If not, could this be done with the Hope Pro4's
    From what I know Wolftooth has not offered the P321 or the Hope 4 Boostinator yet. The dish would be the big concern as the movement could be a bit much for the spoke length used. Being drilled 2mm offset that change could push the limit for sure.
    I would not recommend that option for either of the hubs we sell.

However what I can offer is a hub swap for a nominal fee. We have offered our non-boost customers an upgrade to boost down the road for $75 per hub shell. The build can be done here in-house again, or we send you a new hub and retrieve the old one, and you can have a local shop or build them up yourself.

Let me know if any of those options interest you and I would be happy to help.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Ok, thanks for info. Seems like a good option for sure.

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagon650B View Post
    Ok, thanks for info. Seems like a good option for sure.
    Ya, we think that is a fair way to support those caught up in the non-boost/boost product debate right now for sure.

As for pricing on the two products, we have priced the Hope product based on our OEM costs and to be aggressive with that product offering. Buying Hope in Canadian Dollars vs. P321 in USD is also a factor we need to take into account.

Cheers

mtbr member
    We are looking for some feedback from people on what hub we sell is currently sparking your interest, or if there are other hubs on the market you find to be a better selection. Head on over to our Facebook page and we'd love to hear what you think.

https://www.facebook.com/weareonecom...30187720390908
    Hope with color options. Posted same on Fb.
    Kona Big Unit SS
    Kona Private Jake SSCX
    DiamondBack Release 3
    Norco Torrent HT 7.1

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Personally, I don't see any need for others. P321 would be first choice, Hope Pro4 are a good deal! I'd just offer all colours in Project 321 and Hope vs adding more hub options, those are two solid options. Although, we all know you can never go wrong with DT Swiss 240, 350 hubs

Maybe at some point could start offering spoke colour options. And maybe offer custom graphics option as well.
    Last edited by Wagon650B; 08-17-2017 at 01:26 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Onyx is a great hub, you will enjoy them without question. Let me know if I can help your shop get these rolling for you.
    What made you choose the Sprag system over a traditional hub?
    Wanted to try something different. Actually this entire bike will be a lot of experimenting. Have something like three sets of 240s on different bikes currently. 340 and 350s on other bikes, a set of Hope on the DH bike. CK is a little too pretentious for my liking and besides DT doesn't seem to be many CL hub options out there right now. The one negative with CL DT hubs is one can only run 15mm axle up front. I want the ability to use either 15 or 20 and match!
    Haven't had any of the CL issues people complain about on forums and I've used SRAM IS-6 rotors with adaptors and Shimano CL rotors.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Saw a wheelset the other day at Calgary Cycle. Man do they look good. I was going to eventually spring for a set of Nobl's, but now I have these on my mind--especially now that a widely available hub option like Hope is included.

One nerdy little thing I'd like to see is more decal colour options or perhaps let a company like slikgraphics take care of custom decals.

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Any thoughts on offering a warranty to match Santa Cruz'?
    "We LOVE cows! They make trails for us.....

And then we eat them."

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    Thanks for the kind comments. I know that once you have seen our products in person you will be sure to understand what we have created here and how much better the quality of the rims are.
    We are working on a colour pallet right now and can get custom graphics with no problems at all. We just need to know what you would like to get for background colour or what you want to match it to and we will make it happen.
    We are working on ironing out the details with a both a Canadian and US based custom decal partner that can handle these demands for us as well. This should be in place in a few weeks time.

In the meantime, if you want something custom, please email sales@weareone.bike and it will be taken care of.

Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by shoopow View Post
    Saw a wheelset the other day at Calgary Cycle. Man do they look good. I was going to eventually spring for a set of Nobl's, but now I have these on my mind--especially now that a widely available hub option like Hope is included.

One nerdy little thing I'd like to see is more decal colour options or perhaps let a company like slikgraphics take care of custom decals.

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    If you read the warranty claims that SC had produced in their launch to what they are offering now, the tone has changed. Instead of over promising and under delivering, we have our "no questions asked" warranty in place and will cover rim damage for 60 months. We send out a new rim to the original customer and ensure they have the chance to get back on their bike as fast as we can.
    Our warranty does not cover building the new wheel, or any wear parts as these are not something we manufacture and are wear parts.

We feal this is a very fair deal and shows we are invested into our customers interests and want them to know we have their back once they buy our products. We have not waivered on this and will continue to ensure it is the case when one of our brothers has an issue.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Any thoughts on offering a warranty to match Santa Cruz'?

The Fastest of Bananas
    how tf does the 27.5 set weight 1800 grams?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by FastBanana View Post
    how tf does the 27.5 set weight 1800 grams?
    480g per rim
    64 sapim spokes and probably some brass nips
    project 321 hubset - 175g f 275g r

seems pretty believable.....

The rims are not lightweight, but so far they appear to be durable - as a small startup they need durability on their side - they can not afford to have lots of warranty claims.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I put my money where my mouth is. LBS is ordering two Agent 29 rims to build up

The Fastest of Bananas
    480g per rim
    64 sapim spokes and probably some brass nips
    project 321 hubset - 175g f 275g r

seems pretty believable.....

The rims are not lightweight, but so far they appear to be durable - as a small startup they need durability on their side - they can not afford to have lots of warranty claims.
    durability is great. I guess for the price, the value is there. I guess I'm spoiled by ENVE, E13, and Rovals.

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by FastBanana View Post
    durability is great. I guess for the price, the value is there. I guess I'm spoiled by ENVE, E13, and Rovals.
    I know the weight for some is a hard one to swallow. But The Agent is not your typical rim made for all mountain trail riding. It is designed to be the toughest Enduro rim on the market bar none. We have added our Outlier DH rim to the fold and are now in the midst of testing and perfecting our lighter weight rims that will be ready spring of 2018.

We want to make sure that all of our products hit the market without any possible hick-ups. They all have to be tested and ensure that we have achieved our level of quality. This takes time, and we needed to make choices on which one we should start with. The Agent line was our initial section to hit the market with to prove Carbon is a great choice for strength and that you can engineer in ride characteristics that make the wheel better than anything else on the market.

This next round of rims is testing very well, and we are shaving some serious grams to hit the lighter weights. If you laced The Agents with some lighter spokes, you can lose serious grams there and get them into the 1725g range as a wheel. Our target with the next rim is to have a 1575-1625g wheelset out of the box.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    I'm pretty stoked about We Are One wheels! The impact resistance claims and the warranty to back it up have sold me. The only company I know of that has a comparable warranty sells their rims at a price point that is unimaginable to me. I just put in an order today, so WAO wheels are soon to be seen in Southern Mississippi!

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    We wanted to share a quick little edit showing how one of our Agent carbon hoops are made. People often ask how much labor goes into a carbon rim, and we hope this shows just the layup process part of what goes on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzhoLicnG5M&t=1s

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Placed an order for a pair of the Agent's with P321 earlier this week. Stoked to get on a good set of wheels. Some hand made in Canada wheels for my handmade bike.

I've been running some light alloy rims that just have not been up to the task the last few seasons. In defense of the other rims they are squarely aimed at the light trail category and putting them through things like the Whistler EWS, North Shore, and the WBP was outside their intended use.

Kinda bummed to read that the Conti tires don't play nice with hookless beads tubeless, I guess the set of Mountain King's I have coming will get tubes. Not a big deal as I have been running tubes again due to the amount of damage in the alloy rims. Hopefully Conti get's it sorted and makes changes to the bead.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    These wheels tick a lot of boxes for me. They look very promising and I am quite happy to support them.
    The one question I have is why are the P321 wheels almost $700 Cdn more than the Hope wheelset (at full price)? It seems a little high when the P321 hubs are only about $400 at the most more expensive than Hope.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast