Wanted: Light, low rolling resistance tire for wet...- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Wanted: Light, low rolling resistance tire for wet...

I'm riding a steel SS a lot these days, and 2/3 of the miles are on road (getting to singletrack and getting around). I'm burning through nevegal's and ignitor's this way...

So, what recommendations do you guys have for a low rolling resistance tire, not too heavy, that works nicely on roads and doesn't have cornering issues on loose/wet stuff?

Probably looking for a 26 x 1.9, but something close would be ok.

mtbr member
    I am interested as well
    '03 Giant Yukon

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I've been really happy with my Conti Race Kings for rolling resistance, weight, and tread life, however when wet they pack up easy and slide all over.

So, I'm also interested in what everyone has to say. I don't want to give up all the things I like, but it would be nice to have a little more wet/loose condition traction.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by lostinNH View Post
    I'm riding a steel SS a lot these days, and 2/3 of the miles are on road (getting to singletrack and getting around). I'm burning through nevegal's and ignitor's this way...

So, what recommendations do you guys have for a low rolling resistance tire, not too heavy, that works nicely on roads and doesn't have cornering issues on loose/wet stuff?

Probably looking for a 26 x 1.9, but something close would be ok.
    I like the Schwalbe Rocket Rons persally. Lasts season by mid summer I was using one exclusively no the front and never changed it wet or dry. It's got a fairly low profile in the centre knob, and some nice progressive tread for cornering. I found from a confidence level, these were great when hammer through the tight stuff. I have a road bike for riding on the road, so I can't really speak of what the are light in that regard except that I wouldn't hesitate to use these in a couple of the early season sloppier races that we have here.
    A bad day on the bike is better than a good day doing anything else...

http://www.apexracephotography.com

Members who have read this thread: 0