Truckerco isn't pooling. It just paints my tire.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Truckerco isn't pooling. It just paints my tire.

I've used truckerco for a couple years now. I ordered a new bottle for this summer, and it sucks!

Im using 4oz in 26x2.3 tires. It doesn't pool, it paints the inside of the tire in a uniform layer. It doesn't seal up, it won't last more than 30 minutes.

Adding more just adds weight. This stuff worked great until now! Now it's useless.

Did they change the formula? I gave up and bought 4oz of orange seal to get me going for now.

mtbr member
    Seems like something changed , i read great reviews about it so bought a quart . Swapped out tires and added about 6 oz . Lastnight on my ride front tire started leaking . Found the hole rotated tire , was suprised no sealant coming out . Opened it up to put a tube in and tire was completely dry with a thin white film around it . The tire and sealant were 1 month almost to the day .i will most likely switch !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BOOM goes the dynamite!
    This makes me sad. I just bought it to try based on the reviews...haven't tried it yet. Should I mix it with something that'll keep it liquid? Antifreeze maybe?

Hitching a ride
    You don't seem to be using enough. Try pouring 8oz into your tire.

mtbr member
    4oz is more than enough. I was using a bit less than that before without issue.

But either way, I already did that. I tried more like 10oz. You know that splashing noise you get when you setup a fresh tubeless tire? This sealant doesnt do that at all. I spin the tire once, and its done.

It literally paints the tire. It 100% coats the tire with zero left. So if you get any sort of puncture, theres no sealant left to seal anything because its already all painted flat. Its like thicker latex house paint.

noapathy... i dont know, Id give it a try as-is. Ive used truckerco before and its been great for the last 2 bottles ive had! It sounds like blacksheep had the same experience I did with this last batch though.

mtbr member
    Turckerco stuff dries out super quick, here in AZ dries up in a few weeks. I am just going to use the remaining I have for just sealing the bead on new tire installations, only thing it will be good for.

Slime just recently came out with new tubeless formula that looks like it might work well. Price is like half that of Orange and Stans on Amazon.

https://www.slime.com/us/products/bi...ss-sealant.php

mtbr member
    after just over 30 days and 6oz of truckers , this is what i found . Completely dry

mtbr member
    Looks like my orange seal holds pressure longer than a tube!

I have 8oz of that new slime STR coming. I'll see how that does. There's so much good product available now, I don't think I'll waste any more time with truckerco.

BOOM goes the dynamite!
    Thanks One Pivot. Guess my ~4oz of Stan's can sit a while - I hate waiting and hoping the Truckerco is going to work. Prolly get around to a test in a week or 3 when I need to check/add something. *fingers crosssed for all of us*

We shouldn't have to be guinea pigs. I kinda liked when Stan's was the only option and it just worked.

turtles make me hot
    Damn. I switched to Truckerco because Stan's sucks and now this??
    I like turtles

mtbr member

Truckerco isn't pooling. It just paints my tire.

This sounds bad. I just got a bottle of TruckerCo the other day. My first one. Haven't even used it yet. I've been using Stans for years and just decided to try something different.

Armature speller
    Sep 2004
    I've got a bottle of Stan's sitting there unused so far as Caffe Latex has been doing the job for the last 3 years.

mtbr member
    I have used TruckerCo for a few years now and I haven't noticed it clings to the wall all the time. It may depend on the tire. Also, the temperature on the trail may play a factor. I think the hotter on the trail, the more it may cling to the tire. However, I am going to start to check for it and see if I can figure out why it clings to the tire that way.

This is what I peeled off my tire. 94 grams is a lot of weight to add to a tire.

Truckerco isn't pooling. It just paints my tire.-img_20170707_163150.jpg

Land of the 230+
    I just popped open a new jug of truckerco and it appeared to be the same old stuff. After shaking, it had the usual bubbles and foam, and appeared to be the same consistency. Has anyone contacted truckerco to see if maybe they had a bad batch? Is there a date code stamped anywhere to see if you just happened to get really old stock?

I very rarely get punctures, but my tires constantly weep slightly overnight, and this has continued to happen just like normal. Maybe I got the last of the good formulation.

mtbr member
    im giving this a try , cheaper at $22.00 and my buddies say its great along with the lbs ..im wondering if the heat may be a prob as im in so cal desert , not uncommon to be 105 out . So i put sefras in front and trucker in back tire and we shall see what happens

mtbr member
    This thread peaked my interest as I had switched to Truckerco Cream in March. I had purchased the 500ml size in February on fleabay. So yesterday after my bike had been outside in this Texas heat for about eight hours I stuck an icepick into the back tire to see what would happen. It sealed instantly. I must have some from the previous formula if there is such a thing.

Land of the 230+
    Quote Originally Posted by huckleberry hound View Post
    ...I stuck an icepick into the back tire to see what would happen...
    Nothing like trial by fire!!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GuitsBoy View Post
    Nothing like trial by fire!!!
    Better at home then out on the trail. I hate walking.

mtbr member
    this is one month after i refreshed my tire with truckers . Switched to serfas in front and still a liquid

Trail Ninja
    Truckerco isn't pooling. It just paints my tire.-20180307_230154.jpg

From new bottle of TruckerCo cream: from liquid, it turns into paste after 3 months. I don't think they're mixing it well, due to all the inconsistency. The last bottle I got made a bunch of stringy webs in my tire. Neither sealed very well. Would just spray sealant onto my bike and clothes as it rolls, from just a goathead (0.5mm hole at best). Can tell there's RV anti-freeze in it, based on the pink dye on my CushCore.

Riding in dry temperate SoCal, so 37F is prob the coldest it saw during the 3 months.
    We're all on the same ship, and it's sinking.

This place needs an enema
    Quote Originally Posted by Varaxis View Post
    Riding in dry temperate SoCal, so 37F is prob the coldest it saw during the 3 months.

I was actually thinking that 3 months is awesome. Don't think I've ever gotten more than 2 out of anything, at any time of year. Usually more like 5-6 weeks from fresh to done.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Necro this..I have used truckerco since I went tubeless 5 years ago. This last bottle I bought is trash doesn't last long at all and clings to my tire making it heavier and heavier. I bet there's at least 250-300 grams added by the end of tire life.

That being said there is a truckerco cream 2 out now. It promises a longer lasting formula. Says more heat resistant and longer dry out time.

Should I go for it? 33oz bottle with syringe is $22 on eBay.

mtbr member
    I havenít heard about their new formula but I tried the original for a few months, not only did it build up on everything it also started dissolving my rim tape. I stripped it all out, retaped the rims and have used Berryman Tire Seal R since...has no latex, never dries out and a gallon is $30 at Tractor Supply Co. I keep Stanís on hand for when sidewalls get worn and start weeping.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    I took a swing and bought v2 I'll be back with a report in a month or two.

mtbr member
    Any update on V2? Iíve been using V1 for years. The last few months it has sucked. The entire sealant balls up into one piece, and it wonít seal anything. Think Iím gonna try Serfas next.

I emailed TruckerCo but no response.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Truckerco isn't pooling. It just paints my tire.-208429da-3f19-4a56-86ed-609036683f21.jpg  

Truckerco isn't pooling. It just paints my tire.-e078ebad-a69d-485d-acd8-02c16ace9463.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    No update yet I'm waiting on tires to build my wheels. I'll give an update in a few weeks when I can take off the tires and see how it's doing.

mtbr member
    Right on. I just opened my last new bottle and itís the same. It literally pours like milk. It wonít even seal the thread between the spoke nipple and a spoke, where I have leak, so I donít see how it can seal anything on the trail.

mtbr member
    New stuff does not seem to be any better. Just took off my front after 4 weeks and it was dry/painted on inside of tire. Granted this is in Arizona in 100+ degrees with bike stored in garage.

mtbr member
    Truckerco isn't pooling. It just paints my tire.-70998308-888f-4d6e-8177-6840c3052093.jpg

Less than 19 days since fresh sealant. Canít see myself ever buying it again. Never heard back from my inquiry either.

mtbr member
    ^^^ wondering if you used CO2.
    Do the math.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lone Rager View Post
    ^^^ wondering if you used CO2.
    No sir, just sealant and air. This is the fourth time in the last few months. I'm not checking the tire everyday so I don't know when it starts, but I caught this one after just a few weeks. I was expecting it though.

I have some Serfas for my new race bike coming in this week.

In the interim, I'm trying this on my trail bike: https://www.berrymanproducts.com/pro...ling-compound/

mtbr member
    The Berryman sealant works pretty good. It's very reasonable also. My local Tractor Supply carries it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Ya I just checked mine because I was putting a more agressive tire set on. Originally it was Hans dampf 2 front racing Ralf 2 on the back.

But Hans wasn't enough on the front and Ralf made me nervous on the back.
    So I went Hans rear magic Mary front.

Anyway the truckerco in the Hans was almost gone after 2 weeks. I had the lbs do it so I don't know how much they used. But the truckerco in the ralph was still full seemed like alot more Maybe. But the tire is smaller do maybe that's it.

It seems to me it dries faster in some tires then it does in others.

I put the same amount in this time for sure I see how it looks in a couple weeks.