Tire and Rim; Help with rim width, tire selection.- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    265

    Tire and Rim; Help with rim width, tire selection.

    Hello all, looking into getting some FSE carbon rims and new tires.

    https://fse.bike/collections/fse400

    Currently riding in central TN 90% of the time, and places les chattanooga and pisgah the other 10%. Central tn is pretty basic hard pack, with a few tech places, and rocks, but I have not had an issue with side wall cuts. (Yet)

    Currently riding a cdale habit carbon 3 and want to lighten the rotation weight. Riding stans arch s1's, with DHF front and Highroller rear.

    Was considering a rekon and ardent combo? Just seeing what others are riding, and if anyone has had any experience with FSE wheels.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    505
    I can't speak to the Ardent but I just took off a worn out Rekon and it was excellent. I mounted a Terrene McFly in it's place at the same weight and like it too. When the McFly is gone I'm almost certainly going Rekon or McFly again. I also took off a DHF and mounted a WTB Vigilante in front and while it's close I think I like the Vigilante a little better.

    Can't help with the FSE's, I'm running Nox / Onyx wheels.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,861
    Looked @ the spec's for the FSE's and the internal widths must be typo's???

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    265
    Quote Originally Posted by keen View Post
    Looked @ the spec's for the FSE's and the internal widths must be typo's???
    Looking into this now, I assumed it was the internal width... hmm.

Similar Threads

  1. tire width/tire diameter/rim width questions
    By jpc111 in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-04-2019, 08:40 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-07-2018, 03:36 AM
  3. Replies: 30
    Last Post: 04-03-2017, 10:30 AM
  4. Rim width vs Tire width and diameter
    By EddieSmirckx in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-19-2016, 11:45 AM
  5. Tire width and rim width recomendations
    By mtbfan2 in forum Beginner's Corner
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-01-2011, 03:52 PM

Members who have read this thread: 40

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.