Stan's Freehub Warranty Experience?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2018

Stan's Freehub Warranty Experience?

Anyone have experience with a warranty claim on a Stan's hub? Mine (Flow 29") is less than a year old and essentially disintegrated. It's got a 3-year warranty; I'm wondering what to expect from the process.

I'm not a shredder by any means; I'm over 50 and ride cross-country trails with a fair amount of climbing, but I don't even do big miles and I'm hella slow and cautious. I was surprised and disappointed at the damage.

mtbr member
    Apr 2020
    That really stinks. I would imagine that with Stan's being as popular as it is you should have no problem but I cannot speak from experience sorry.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    I broke the axle on a Neo hub a couple years back. Contacted Stans by email with photos and had replacement parts in days. Good experience.
    Just like a raindrop, I was born to fall.

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Never warrantied a hub through them, but I did warranty a rim and it was super easy. They are a quality company.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    They were awesome to deal with in regards to warranty, they sent me parts 2-3 times. However, the hub was just terrible and I got tired of it failing so I moved on.

Oh, So Interesting!
    Good warranty, average wheel at best, imo.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I blew out the ratchet ring in one during a middle of summer ride and they wanted me to send in the hub so they could try to repair it. When I looked at it closely, I could tell that the freehub had blown a pawl and then been grinding against the hub body and so that wasnt going to be something that would be fixed with a new ratchet ring and a few pawls/spring clips. I went and bought a new wheel with a DT Swiss240 and have sworn by them every since, this was 5 years ago and I still have one my original 240s kicking around. I took the new Stans hub they sent me and used for a kid's wheel build. Now that I know more about hub design and bearings, I would put Stan's max weight at around 175lbs. They seem to work fine for my kids, I could blow one out in a few months....