Specialized Adrenaline tires 26 X 2.0 - need inner tube size- Mtbr.com

Jun 2008

Specialized Adrenaline tires 26 X 2.0 - need inner tube size

Hi...

I just started mtb and recently picked up a rockhopper. The tires on the rockerhopper are Adrenaline 26 X 2.0. These tire definetly look a lot bigger than 2.0". Nonetheless, I want to order a set of spare inner tubes, but I do not know the size. I would check the readings on the sidewall, but my bike is elsewhere. Any help greatly appreciated.

I tried looking on Specialized's site, but I can only find the Resolution and the size is different. Thanks.

mtbr member
    I've seen many tubes that will fit a range of tire sizes: 26 x 1.50-2.125. Since you know your tires are rated 2.0" diameter, they fit within the 1.50-2.125 size range and the tube will work fine.

just like a speeder-bike
    Quote Originally Posted by 4slomo
    I've seen many tubes that will fit a range of tire sizes: 26 x 1.50-2.125. Since you know your tires are rated 2.0" diameter, they fit within the 1.50-2.125 size range and the tube will work fine.
    Rely on this advice at your own risk.

About two years ago, I finally stepped up to trying some bigger tires: 2.35's. I went to buy a new, larger tube from my local bike shop (LBS), because all my tubes were approx. "1.95-2.1" or something like that.

A guy there I trust a lot, said "gee, we do carry these super heavy 2.2-2.5 tubes that would fit... but most of us just use the 'smaller' (approx. 2.1) tube on our bigger tires. They're lighter, and we've never had a problem." So I've been running a "standard" 1.95-2.1ish tube on my bigger (2.35 Kenda Nevegal and Small Block 8) tires for about 2 years. Immune to flats? No. But any pecial problems? No.

So I'd say don't sweat it, get a tube that says it covers "2.0" and you should be ok.

You're off to a good start with the Adrenalines -- they were one of my favorite tires. FYI I think the "2.0" was approx. 2.15 or something, depending on how you measure.

Jun 2008
    Thanks for the reply. I think I'm going to pick up the 1.75-2.10 thorn resistant tubes from performance bike. I did measure the tire a couple of days ago and the actual measurement was approximately a little bit larger than 2.10. But the funny thing is the sidewall says 2.0. To be on the safe side I think 1.75 - 2.10 tube size should work fine.

Thx.

mtbr member
    You might also want to check out the slime tubes while you're at Performance. If you have to deal with thorns, like me, you might have better luck than with using thorn resistant tubes.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    specialized tires always come up a bit big compared to other brands.

Members who have read this thread: 0