Roval questions? - Page 11- Mtbr.com
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
Results 2,001 to 2,053 of 2053
  1. #2001
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Special18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Renzo7 View Post
    Hey, Special.

    Roval Joe hasn't been active in the forum for a while. I sent that same question to Specialized Rider Care a few months ago, and this is the information that they provided for my Roval Traverse 29 alloy wheelset, non-Boost.

    Spoke Lengths. They are all Roval Super Comp Straight-Pull Spokes

    FDS:2.0mmx285mm

    FNDS: 2.0mmx303mm

    RDS: 2.0mmx303mm

    RNDS: 2.0mmx305mm*

    I hope that this helps you.

    Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the info. I have boost, but that should not be a problem, no?

  2. #2002
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Renzo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    255
    Quote Originally Posted by Special18 View Post
    Thanks for the info. I have boost, but that should not be a problem, no?
    If I'm wrong, someone please correct me.

    I would expect Boost to have slightly longer spokes. As I understand it, each flange is 3 mm farther out when compared to a non-Boost hub, so it would require longer spokes, though the difference is likely to be around 2 mm or so.

    Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

  3. #2003
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    6
    Hello, although I see that this thread is older, I have some issues / questions about my carbon Roval wheels. My rear wheel recently required a rebuild due to broken spokes resulting from galvanic corrosion of almost all the nipples. I had no idea this was occurring until my mechanic showed it to me. I was surprised and disappointed this was happening on such a high end wheelset.

    My concern is now the front wheel. I have raced and plan to continue racing this bike. My mechanic changed all the nipples on the rear wheel to brass. He mentioned it would not be covered under warranty and I'm wondering now if I should go after the front.

    As I am now becoming aware that this has been an issue in the past, I'm wondering why is it still happening??? These wheels were purchased in 2016 and I live on Long Island NY but travel to NC, and NJ to ride / race. Should I contact Specialized for further instruction? Any info is appreciated.

  4. #2004
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,222
    It's an issue with all wheels. Carbon and aluminum are dissimilar and you're going to get corrosion of the nipples. This will accelerate if they get wet often.

    Sealant like Stan's seeping into the rim and getting on the nipple will also make this worse.

    Carbon wheels are really durable. I use to never get more than a season or so out of some Stan's rims. Now you get many years of use on a good set of carbon wheels. So, a rebuild after 3 seasons on your wheels is totally reasonable.

    I've had sets of Roval carbons for a LONG time. Rebuild them every 3 years or so and they keep on chugging.

    Your use of brass will result in a slower corrosion rate.

  5. #2005
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by briscoelab View Post
    It's an issue with all wheels. Carbon and aluminum are dissimilar and you're going to get corrosion of the nipples. This will accelerate if they get wet often.

    Sealant like Stan's seeping into the rim and getting on the nipple will also make this worse.

    Carbon wheels are really durable. I use to never get more than a season or so out of some Stan's rims. Now you get many years of use on a good set of carbon wheels. So, a rebuild after 3 seasons on your wheels is totally reasonable.

    I've had sets of Roval carbons for a LONG time. Rebuild them every 3 years or so and they keep on chugging.

    Your use of brass will result in a slower corrosion rate.
    Thanks for the info, I guess I have a front rebuild coming. I just wish I knew about this issue before I started just popping spokes. Knowledge is power.

  6. #2006
    just ride
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    729
    Hi Roval Joe,

    (Your inbox is full)

    https://www.specialized.com/us/en/ro...b-148/p/132363

    Is the wheelset I have on my 2019 Expert 27.5 and I would like to switch out the hub to Onyx with 28h. Can you please advise which spoke and spoke length to use?

    Thank you.

  7. #2007
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Renzo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    255
    Quote Originally Posted by Tjay View Post
    Hi Roval Joe,

    (Your inbox is full)

    https://www.specialized.com/us/en/ro...b-148/p/132363

    Is the wheelset I have on my 2019 Expert 27.5 and I would like to switch out the hub to Onyx with 28h. Can you please advise which spoke and spoke length to use?

    Thank you.
    Roval Joe hasn't been on in a while. Send an email to Specialized Rider Care or to Roval's customer service. They'll give you a hand

    Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

  8. #2008
    mtbr member
    Reputation: plummet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    771
    I can offer an extended review on the Roval Traverse 27.5 Boost alloy Wheel set.

    They came on a 2017 Rocky Mountain Slayer i purchased second hand but in as new condition.

    The guy had build the Slayer up as a custom build from a shop that also sold specialized.


    About me.

    I've been riding for 24 years and weigh 76kg. Raced XC locally and nationally for 8 years then DH for another 8 years with some 12 and 24 hours and a bunch of epic distance rides in between.

    Currently I ride all mountain and dh tracks with a bent towards black diamond plus technical natural trails. If its tech to a point of not knowing if its possible, thats what love to ride. The more tech the better. The bike park is typically too groomed for my liking and i seek out rediculous rooty rocky tech on unused old hiking trails.

    I came off a 26' blur with orginal Enve carbon wheels.

    Immediately i noticed the lack of turning precision the Rovals had. It was night and day different. Carbon 26' in wheels are rock sold point and shoot. Roval 27.5" i had to adjust my technque to account for wheel flex in the corners.

    I miss the carbon wheels and the precision they had. The alloy Rovals suck by comparision. Wondering if i was beeing unfair on the Rovals comparing them with 26" carbon I have ridden buddies 27.5" and 29" bikes with carbon builds, Light bicycle, Enve and Bontrager. All have that crispy turn in response I miss from the carbon 26" hoops.

    After getting the bike I sent it too the bike shop for the wheels to be trued. My wheel building guy didnt like the straight laced spokes for truing as it was harder to hold the spokes.

    The rear wheel could not take the punishment of my regular back diamond runs going out of true on a weekly basis. I came to the conclusion the spokes were too thin. After a misshap with derrailiur in the spokes I got the rear wheel build up with a thick guage spoke. That stopped the rear wheel going out of true and i was away laughing with a wheel set that worked but not as crisp as a carbon wheel set.

    These wheels are light for an am wheel set and definetly improve the rolling resistance, weight climbing of the bike. I guess the trade off is the reduction in stiffness. I do enjoy the fact that i have a 30 165/180mm bike thats only 29 pd!.....

    Any way roll on 6 months and the wheels are holding up to some unrelenting abuse. I rode Wiaroa gorge for 3 days solid on 3c Exo minions
    Smashing head long into rock after rock with a total 50000 Feet of vertical descenting and got one dent in the rear rim. By comparison A buddy on a brand new Trek Slash had half a dozen dents over the weekend.
    So the rim its self is strong and and withstand some abuse.

    My conclusion is that these a a good choice for lighter weight dudes riding general AM tracks. Or dudes wanting to build a light spec AM build. Heavier or more agressive dudes will find them a little light weight and flexy for their service. Guys who like carbon for stiffness. Stay with the carbon!......







    Roval questions?-img_20180422_114432.jpg

  9. #2009
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    559
    The alloy rovals compared to the Carbon SL Rovals, isn't even fair. Nowhere near same rim.

  10. #2010
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1
    Hi everyone.
    I got a Roval Traverse (https://www.specialized.com/us/en/ro...=239022-132448) recently.
    It came with a front 15mm thru end-cap, but I want to change it to QR end-cap. Anyone has the correct part number of the QR adaptor?
    Follow attached the front hub type and the current end-cap.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Roval questions?-20190106_151453.jpg  

    Roval questions?-20190106_151652.jpg  


  11. #2011
    mtbr member
    Reputation: need4gforce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    541
    Bring back the dead here.
    I have just purchased a 29er traverse wheel with 142+ written on the hub. No matter how I configure it with different end caps and freehubs etc. When I tighten it down the freehub drags, almost like I do not have the axle sleeve under the ratchets in.
    Are these 142+ really only compatible with 142+ frames?
    I am trying to put this in my 2018 Carbon Crux frame.

    THANNKS
    Larry Miller-
    www.laxon3.tumblr.com

  12. #2012
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    14
    Does anyone knows which bearings are in Roval Control SL 148 hubs. When I removed endcap from rear hub bearing has no numbers on it, didn't try to remove front endcaps.

    Thanks.

  13. #2013
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    358
    Quote Originally Posted by dturcic View Post
    Does anyone knows which bearings are in Roval Control SL 148 hubs. When I removed endcap from rear hub bearing has no numbers on it, didn't try to remove front endcaps.

    Thanks.
    Use some vernier callipers to measure ID and OD and width.

  14. #2014
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by link1896 View Post
    Use some vernier callipers to measure ID and OD and width.
    Thanks but I don't want to dissemble hubs just to measure bearings dimension. It's much easier to know info, and to exchange bearings when needed...

  15. #2015
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    225
    Does anyone know if the older Traverse SL Fattie 650Bs (pre-boost) are exchangeable between XD and shimano drivers?

    Is it just DT freehub driver I need?

  16. #2016
    mtbr member
    Reputation: redmr2_man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,203
    Quote Originally Posted by jdang307 View Post
    Does anyone know if the older Traverse SL Fattie 650Bs (pre-boost) are exchangeable between XD and shimano drivers?

    Is it just DT freehub driver I need?
    correct, any dt freehub will work.

  17. #2017
    mtbr member
    Reputation: moonlite's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    58
    I was looking at a new (2019 version) set of Roval Traverse Carbon 27.5 wheels at my LBS. I noticed that there are tiny burs on both sides of the inside, vertical lip of the rim; where the tire bead will sit. There was a couple that protruded into the rim space about 2mm. The burs are at about 9Ē intervals all the way around the rim. Is this normal? I didnít get any pictures.

  18. #2018
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1
    Hi everyone. Did not found answer: which bearing type is suite for front hub on Roval Control SL wheels aboard Specialized S-Works Epic WC 2014 (https://www.specialized.com/ru/ru/s-...154220-49814)? 6802, 6902, other?

  19. #2019
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    225
    Does anyone know what width rim tape I need for the 27.5" Roval Traverse SL fattie? 30mm internal. Rims kept leaking and I beat up the stock rim strip removing the tires.

  20. #2020
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    225
    What rim tape is everyone using? Just tried 30mm stans on the Roval Traverse SL Fattie and it wouldn't stick, and wouldn't go down smooth (wrinkles and bubbles everywhere). Waste of $20 but really want to get my wheel going

  21. #2021
    mtbr member
    Reputation: moonlite's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by jdang307 View Post
    What rim tape is everyone using? Just tried 30mm stans on the Roval Traverse SL Fattie and it wouldn't stick, and wouldn't go down smooth (wrinkles and bubbles everywhere). Waste of $20 but really want to get my wheel going
    I used DT Swiss 32mm tape on my Roval Carbon Traverse set. It wasn't the smoothest installation of the tape on the second layer. But the wrinkles and bubbles did smooth out after about 12 hours with a tube installed and inflated to 40psi. I used two layers of tape at first and was able to mount the Butcher back on the front. However, I had to remove a layer from the rear because I could not mount the Maxxis Aggressor without a tire lever (I don't like using tire levers) even with using slightly soapy water on the beads. In the end they both aired up with a basic floor pump one handed.

    I'm by no means an wheel expert but I think the step type transition from the bead to the center trough make the tape installation challenging. Other rims I see in the videos have a smoother, curved transition. Maybe the 30mm would have been a better tape width? You have to be spot on with laying down the tape or it will ride up on the rim wall. With that said, the tires have sealed up fine and are holding air.

  22. #2022
    mtbr member
    Reputation: TheBikeStore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    188
    @Roval Joe

    Hello, I own a bicycle shop and a customer brought in a specialized bike with a roval control 29 wheelset. The rear hub is a DT 360. Could you tell me what rim is used on this wheel set? This looks like the wheel in question: https://rovalcomponents.com/products/roval-control-29 If rim is not going to be available to purchase, could you please tell me the ERD, Inside width and Outside width so I can order a similar rim?

    Thanks for the time

  23. #2023
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Renzo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    255
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBikeStore View Post
    @Roval Joe

    Hello, I own a bicycle shop and a customer brought in a specialized bike with a roval control 29 wheelset. The rear hub is a DT 360. Could you tell me what rim is used on this wheel set? This looks like the wheel in question: https://rovalcomponents.com/products/roval-control-29 If rim is not going to be available to purchase, could you please tell me the ERD, Inside width and Outside width so I can order a similar rim?

    Thanks for the time
    It's been quite a while since Roval Joe was last here, man. I'd recommend sending an email to [email protected]

    Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

  24. #2024
    mtbr member
    Reputation: TheBikeStore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    188
    Quote Originally Posted by Renzo7 View Post
    It's been quite a while since Roval Joe was last here, man. I'd recommend sending an email to [email protected]

    Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk
    Thanks I called ridercare and left a message and also emailed rovalcomponents as well, I was hoping for a quicker response. I sent my emails more than 24 hous ago.

    Cheers

  25. #2025
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Renzo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    255
    Understood

    Have you tried their Instagram account? Roval has a very active account, and may be able to give you a prompt response.

    Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

  26. #2026
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    181
    Anyone have experience hearing back from Roval though email? I need to find out the ERD for Traverse carbon rims that come on the 2019 Stumpjumper Expert 29 as I plan to upgrade the rear hub. I don't have an Instagram account and have no plans to get one.

  27. #2027
    mtbr member
    Reputation: TheBikeStore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    188
    Quote Originally Posted by rodzilla View Post
    Anyone have experience hearing back from Roval though email? I need to find out the ERD .... I don't have an Instagram account and have no plans to get one.
    I waited all week for a reply from either Roval or Specialized and neither company has bothered to supply any information or even a reply. I agree with rodzilla, I should not need to sign up for an account with Instagram to receive basic customer service.

    ridercare, heh!

  28. #2028
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    358
    They donít care. Never have. Evil corporate company that only wants to sell bikes and offer sfa support. Ask anyone with a brain shock thatís more then 4 years old what support is like.

  29. #2029
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Renzo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    255
    [email protected]

    Give this one a try. I hope they'll help you all out. I've actually had excellent experiences when I've needed support from them through either email.

    Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

  30. #2030
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    14
    I have a set of 650b 2017 Traverse SLs here with bead bearings front and rear. Does anyone have a list of bearings needed to get them back to life?

    I will be disassembling the caps and measuring the bearings with calipers, but to be sure it would be nice to have a confirmation from someone that knows.

  31. #2031
    mtbr member
    Reputation: TheBikeStore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    188
    Message I sent to [email protected]

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBikeStore View Post
    Hello, I own a bicycle shop and a customer brought in a specialized bike with a roval control 29 wheelset. The rear hub is a DT 360. Could you tell me what rim is used on this wheel set? This looks like the wheel in question: https://rovalcomponents.com/products/roval-control-29 If rim is not going to be available to purchase, could you please tell me the ERD, Inside width and Outside width so I can order a similar rim?

    Thanks for the time
    Here is the reply that I received 8 days later:

    "Hey Mike

    I am sorry but we do not sell the rims separate nor do we have info on ERD or other specifics on our wheels as we want them built in house for quality control reasons.

    Have a great day

    -Rob"


    So I took the customer's tire off (tubeless), removed a couple of spokes and used my DT spoke calculation poster and determined the ERD. Then I reinstalled the spokes and tried to true the guys janky rim so he could race on it while awaiting the new hoop, then reinstalled his tire.

    Thanks for wasting about an hour of my time Specialized!

    So here is the data for the wheel listed above:
    ERD: 606
    Inside: 22mm
    Outside 26mm

    The WTB i23 KOM Light Rim has the same profile, it is just slightly wider. The WTB rim has a 604 ERD and it needs about 1mm shorter spokes.

    If this helps anyone to avoid buying anything from Specialized than that is a big plus in my book!

  32. #2032
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    30
    Anybody using new alloy Roval Control 148 29 wheels?

  33. #2033
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    181
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBikeStore View Post
    I waited all week for a reply from either Roval or Specialized and neither company has bothered to supply any information or even a reply. I agree with rodzilla, I should not need to sign up for an account with Instagram to receive basic customer service.

    ridercare, heh!
    Got a reply last week from both Specialized and Roval. After I had to send a second email to both asking the same question. Long story short, the responses were "Rovals are built as system, warranty is voided if you change hub and measure the hubs yourself." I am not a fan of this type of customer service or lack there of. I get that they are a business, it is what it is, but with the amount of money we spend on these products I feel like Roval or Specialized could be a little more consumer friendly here. But the good thing is it helped me to decide to sell my wheels. I'd rather build a set with my local LBS where I can get support and know that I can find the parts I need because I actually know what all the parts are. Live and learn.

  34. #2034
    mtbr member
    Reputation: FrankRizzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    249
    My 2017 Specialized Enduro S-Works 650b came with Roval Traverse SL 650 wheels. The rear wheel is laced to a 28h, 148mm Roval Traverse SL hub. I need to replace a few spokes on the rear wheel.

    Can any fellow Roval owners answer the following questions?

    What spoke lengths do I need for the drive and non-drive sides?
    What type of nipple should be used?
    What tension should the drive an non-drive spokes have?

    If anyone can give me part numbers I'd that would be great.

  35. #2035
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Meeners's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    145
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankRizzo View Post
    My 2017 Specialized Enduro S-Works 650b came with Roval Traverse SL 650 wheels. The rear wheel is laced to a 28h, 148mm Roval Traverse SL hub. I need to replace a few spokes on the rear wheel.

    Can any fellow Roval owners answer the following questions?

    What spoke lengths do I need for the drive and non-drive sides?
    What type of nipple should be used?
    What tension should the drive an non-drive spokes have?

    If anyone can give me part numbers I'd that would be great.
    Frank,

    I have the same questions in right now to Rider Care at Specialized and with Roval Customer Care. I have the same wheels but mine is a 6fattie with 38mm I.D. Traverse Carbons. Are your hubs straight pull or J-Hook Style? Are your front hubs 24 spoke or 28? I will share whatever answers I get back in the next week.

  36. #2036
    mtbr member
    Reputation: FrankRizzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    249
    Quote Originally Posted by Meeners View Post
    Frank,

    I have the same questions in right now to Rider Care at Specialized and with Roval Customer Care. I have the same wheels but mine is a 6fattie with 38mm I.D. Traverse Carbons. Are your hubs straight pull or J-Hook Style? Are your front hubs 24 spoke or 28? I will share whatever answers I get back in the next week.
    My spokes are straight pull on both wheels. The front hub has 24 spokes with 8 on the right side in a radial pattern and 16 on the left (disc) side in a regular-laced pattern.

    This was the info I got from Roval about my rear wheel:

    S154600005 - DT Swiss Revolution Straight-Pull 2.0/1.5/2.0MM X 282MM - rear non-driveside

    S124600045 - DT Swiss Revolution Straight-Pull 2.0x1.5MM, 14G x 281MM - rear driveside

    S2027005 - DT SWISS PROLOCK ALLOY HEX 2.0MM(14G)X14MM (nipples)

  37. #2037
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Meeners's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    145
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankRizzo View Post
    My spokes are straight pull on both wheels. The front hub has 24 spokes with 8 on the right side in a radial pattern and 16 on the left (disc) side in a regular-laced pattern.

    This was the info I got from Roval about my rear wheel:

    S154600005 - DT Swiss Revolution Straight-Pull 2.0/1.5/2.0MM X 282MM - rear non-driveside

    S124600045 - DT Swiss Revolution Straight-Pull 2.0x1.5MM, 14G x 281MM - rear driveside

    S2027005 - DT SWISS PROLOCK ALLOY HEX 2.0MM(14G)X14MM (nipples)
    Do you have the 38mm I.D. or the 30mm I.D. ?

  38. #2038
    mtbr member
    Reputation: FrankRizzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    249
    Quote Originally Posted by Meeners View Post
    Do you have the 38mm I.D. or the 30mm I.D. ?
    You mean the inner width? 30mm according to the spec.

  39. #2039
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Meeners's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    145
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankRizzo View Post
    You mean the inner width? 30mm according to the spec.
    Yep. Dang, I was hoping 38. Haven't heard back yet from anyone, I was hoping lengths would be the same. Did they send you any specs on the front wheel? Unfortunately, that's the one that I have broken spokes on.

  40. #2040
    mtbr member
    Reputation: FrankRizzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    249
    Quote Originally Posted by Meeners View Post
    Yep. Dang, I was hoping 38. Haven't heard back yet from anyone, I was hoping lengths would be the same. Did they send you any specs on the front wheel? Unfortunately, that's the one that I have broken spokes on.
    No, I only asked about the rear as the front is still solid.

  41. #2041
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Meeners's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    145
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankRizzo View Post
    No, I only asked about the rear as the front is still solid.
    No worries. They just got back to me today! This is for the 650b Rival Traverse 38's

    Rear Non-Drive: S154600005 DT Swiss REVOLUTION STRAIGHT-PULL 2.0/1.5/2.0mm X 282mm length

    Rear Driveside: S134600002 DT Swiss REVOLUTION STRAIGHT-PULL 2.0-1.5-2.0mm 14G X 280mm length

    Front Driveside: S2026009 DT REVOLUTION STRAIGHT-PULL 2.0X1.5mm 14G 258mm length

    Front Non-Drive: S114600024 DT ROVAL REVOLUTION STRAIGHT-PULL 2.0/1.5mm 14G 274mm

  42. #2042
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    101
    I need information regarding boostinator (wolftooth) kit for traverse SL carbon 27.5.
    Re dish needed?? These wheels I'm thinking of buying, they're new, guessing 2016/17???
    Part numbers etc?

  43. #2043
    Elitest thrill junkie
    Reputation: Jayem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    32,039
    Quote Originally Posted by frana View Post
    I need information regarding boostinator (wolftooth) kit for traverse SL carbon 27.5.
    Re dish needed?? These wheels I'm thinking of buying, they're new, guessing 2016/17???
    Part numbers etc?
    You get to decide whether you want to buy a boost adapter kit that that requires redish or not. If you buy a wollftooth one, it will. I'm not aware if the specialized ones are compatible with the boostinator, but the universal kits do not require re-dishing, so those are my personal choice.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

    You're turning black metallic.

  44. #2044
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    101
    Roval Joe????

  45. #2045
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    101
    Roval Joe???

  46. #2046
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    4
    Anyone know the spoke tension for Roval Traverse Carbon 29, hookless carbon, 30mm inner width, 24/28h wheels (came on my 2018 Camber Expert)?

    Cheers

    b

  47. #2047
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Renzo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    255
    Quote Originally Posted by redbruce View Post
    Anyone know the spoke tension for Roval Traverse Carbon 29, hookless carbon, 30mm inner width, 24/28h wheels (came on my 2018 Camber Expert)?

    Cheers

    b
    Quality Control form for my Roval Traverse SL 29 wheelset.

    Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

  48. #2048
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    64
    Any chance I can get a replacement rim for rear alloy Roval Traverse 29 that came on 2019 Enduro?
    Also would like to replace Torque caps on the front to the regular as I like Fox forks better.

    Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

  49. #2049
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Renzo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    255
    Quote Originally Posted by Robik View Post
    Any chance I can get a replacement rim for rear alloy Roval Traverse 29 that came on 2019 Enduro?
    Also would like to replace Torque caps on the front to the regular as I like Fox forks better.

    Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    You'd need your local Specialized shop to order the rim for you.

    No idea on the Torque Caps. Perhaps Amaincycling can help you.

    Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

  50. #2050
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    225
    Quote Originally Posted by jdang307 View Post
    Does anyone know if the older Traverse SL Fattie 650Bs (pre-boost) are exchangeable between XD and shimano drivers?

    Is it just DT freehub driver I need?
    Quote Originally Posted by redmr2_man View Post
    correct, any dt freehub will work.
    I got the new microspline for 12 speed and it's not working.

    Significant drag if I tighten it down just a little.

  51. #2051
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    313
    Just tried to fit my control SL wheels into a new bike with fox 34 fork. The wheel spins fine until I tighten the thru axle then it stops spinning, obviously pressing against the bearing? Am I missing something? Previous bike had a 32 stepcast and it worked fine.
    Thank you!

    Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk
    2018 Epic

    Procaliber- sold
    ASR-C- sold
    ARC Carbon- sold
    SB-95C- play bike- sold

  52. #2052
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,171

    Roval questions?

    Check to make sure the spacing is the same on both forks. Are they both Boost forks with a Boost wheel set or is the wheel set the older standard many Roval used to be?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  53. #2053
    Workin for the weekend!
    Reputation: -Todd-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,334
    Not sure how many others have this issue, but it caught me by surprise... My (2016?) Roval Traverse SLs had a noise when in the stand, sounded like something tumbling around in the tire. Turned out to be debris in the wheel.

    Iíve read about nipple corrosion, which got me concerned. Turns out it was sealant that found its way into the wheel mixing with the carbon dust from the mfg process. The dust coagulated into a ball and began to make that rattle sound inside the wheel.

    I removed the valve, shook out as much of the material as I could, using a pick to brake up the larger balls of crud so they would fall out. In the end, there was 3/4 of an Ounce of junk that came out. I wanted to get this info into this thread for others...

    Wheels are silent again, going on 4 years old, no problems at all...
    Todd :thumbsup:

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-04-2015, 07:36 AM
  2. Questions regarding Roval carbon 29er wheels
    By having fun in forum Specialized
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-17-2012, 01:43 AM
  3. Roval Control Trail 29 versus Roval 29
    By protobiont in forum Specialized
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 11-29-2011, 03:22 PM
  4. Broke Roval E5, replace with roval or stans Crest?
    By crimecrusher in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-27-2011, 05:59 PM
  5. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-11-2011, 05:35 PM

Members who have read this thread: 222

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.