mtbr member
    Oct 2013

Quick barzo review.

So I took off the tires that came on my new tallboy. 2.3 maxxis minion dhf on the front and 2.35 ardent race rear. The bike felt very sluggish with that heavy minion on front and was way overkill for my southeast rooty single track. I had barzo 2.25 on my previous bike and loved them so I put the 2.35 size on this bike. 24mm internal rim width and after a day the tires measured 2.33. On my kitchen scale they weighed 748 grams. Over all I shaved just over .6 of a lb over the original tires. Man does the bike roll and accelerate faster! Very noticeable. For me and my riding conditions I also feel like they hook up better too both front and rear. These tire are worth considering. I think they are fantastic and are my go to.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    You're not alone. What pressures?

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Weigh about 150 ready to ride. Still experimenting on pressures but right now 22 rear and 20 front.

Having a nice day!
    I'm a big Barzo fan myself. I run them f/r on my Les and on the rear of my Spider. In my experience, you can probably drop the pressure even more at your weight as I run my 2.35s at the same pressure you do and weigh significantly more. Seems like the bigger 29er tire does OK on the front, but on the 27.5, I elected to put something with a bit more grip up front.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Cool. Going to try lowering pressure some. On my 24mm internal rim I might get some tire squirm? Thx

Having a nice day!
    Good point. Mine are on some 30mm rims.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Just bring a frame pump and experiment. Wider will give you better sidewall support. But 14front or less on a 30-35mm would be my range goal for better to best footprint with a 30-35mm rim depending on speed and terrain rockiness. No squirm. The sidewall crinkles as you get a big footprint.. On your rim you have to go down until you get rim hits in your roughest trail segment or you get squirm you can't deal with.

Add all the info you get at different pressures with speed and terrain conditions to your review. Not that much out on your tire.
    Last edited by eb1888; 3 Weeks Ago at 09:24 AM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    So did 18.5 miles today. Southeastern rooty singletack. All hardpack. Leaves really starting to fall on trails now. Ran 21 rear and 19 front. Felt really good. Might try 1psi less next ride. Really like these tires. Hook up great uphill and on the brakes. No monster truck tire hum on pavement either