'Pro' wheelbuilder.com has blown it- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2010

'Pro' wheelbuilder.com has blown it

I ordered a hub from prowheelbuilder that apparently can't even be made but they have a listing for it and charged me for the order anyway. I wanted a 15x135mm front hub with 36 holes. It has been almost a week and I've had no communication from them at all. I contacted the manufacturer directly, Onyx, to find out if an order for a 36 hole 15x135mm front hub had been ordered. They told me that they do not even make a hub with those specifications and that I would need to order a 15x150mm front hub if I needed a 36 hole rim. So PWB charged me more than $200 for this order and I am not sure I will even be able to get a refund, much less a full one. Listing a product in error, taking the order and charging me, and if I can 'cancel' the order, leveling a 'restocking' fee does not seem terribly fair. I am posting here because I have left numerous voice mails and have heard nothing back from them. I probably should have done my research before ordering from this site but they were the only ones who listed a 36 hole 15x135mm front hub at all, and I made the mistake of thinking their product listing was accurate. Woops. Live, learn, and hopefully not go broke in the process...

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    The cooties 19 is being used as an excuse for poor service everywhere you go. Iíd give them a few days to respond but donít sweat it, the credit card company should have your back. You did pay with a card, right?
    15 nomad c
    16 skookum

mtbr member
    I'm sorry to hear about your poor experience, Karen. Would you like to speak to the manager of Pro Wheelbuilder?

Thicc Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mack_turtle View Post
    I'm sorry to hear about your poor experience, Karen. Would you like to speak to the manager of Pro Wheelbuilder?
    Misuse of Karen meme. Say fifty Hail Pepe's and apologize, please.

Practice Gratitude

Idea!

phoenixbikes ~

Thank you for the feedback on this website. Total bummer that they had items listed that don't exist in the real world. I bet you'll get a full refund whenever they come back. I'd talk to whatever institution you paid with after a few weeks of no contact and see if they can't do something for you. It would be bad form for that website to charge you a re-stock fee for something like that. Excellent job doing your research afterwards or you'd still be waiting for something that no one makes. It will allow you to find something else now. Keep us updated and good luck with your build.

Best regards,
    Jason
    ďIt never gets easier, you just get faster.Ē ~ Greg LeMond

2012 Specialized Carve

EDR
    Relax. Look it sucks they miss listed an item and sold it to you. It was an error no doubt. It wasn't malicious I'm sure. Nobody is going to charge you a restocking fee for something that doesn't even exist. Where would they even restock the non existing item to? Jeez.

Mistakes happen. Customer service in many parts of the world absolutely sucks right now. You'll get your money back it just won't happen yesterday.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerVernon View Post
    Misuse of Karen meme. Say fifty Hail Pepe's and apologize, please.
    Nah, that was a total Karen post.

This sounds like its still yet to be resolved, and I can almost guarantee that the OP will receive a full refund. Accidents happen, refunds get issued, life goes on. Just automatically assuming that wheelbuilder.com will outright rob the guy is pretty silly.

In Transit
    Nov 2009
    Itís unclear whether the OP even contacted PWB prior the making this thread. FWIW, Iíve ordered two wheelsets from PWB and they have delivered a fabulous product with great customer service each time. This last time (last month) they updated my order via email to use a different hub color (recipe for potential disaster), and delivered exactly what I wanted. Everyone makes mistakes - give them a chance to fix it and then post about that if they blow it.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Disagree that the OP is a Karen. A week to respond to a charged customers inquiry about an existing order? Maybe Covid causes businesses collective intelligence to go down the crapper? There is just no excuse for that. Write something in return. "Hey, got your email, it is crazy busy and we're swamped, but we're looking into it"... something. All radio silence shows is that you haven't got your shit together, regardless of Covid scapegoating.

And feeyuk, that term Karen is getting just stupid tired at this point.

Work gets in the way
    A week is annoying, but if they don't answer email or calls after a few more days, call you cc company and file a complaint. They'll answer you then.

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    What do you mean "doesn't exist"? 15x135 is for the new Rock Shox super boost inverted forks with the polygon torque cap dropouts

In Transit
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jochribs View Post
    Disagree that the OP is a Karen. A week to respond to a charged customers inquiry about an existing order? Maybe Covid causes businesses collective intelligence to go down the crapper? There is just no excuse for that. Write something in return. "Hey, got your email, it is crazy busy and we're swamped, but we're looking into it"... something. All radio silence shows is that you haven't got your shit together, regardless of Covid scapegoating.

And feeyuk, that term Karen is getting just stupid tired at this point.
    RETRACTED ... didnít see the part where he left voicemails. Maybe try email instead with all of the quarantine measures in place though?

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    No worries. I wasn't responding to your comment anyway, just the thread in general.