Orange seal life- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Orange seal life

Just wanted to share my experience. This was the first time I've used orange seal.. The regular , not the endurance.
    I installed it march 1st. Pulled the front tire yesterday (9/22) , this is how much was in there. So , almost 7 months.

I didn't pull the rear tire apart , just added another 4 oz thru the valve stem. I haven't experienced any plugged valves , like some of the reviews I read before hand.

Orange seal life-orange-seal.jpg
    Trek Fuel EX 8

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    It looks like you are about a month behind on checking. It's pretty dry and has been.
    Depending on your climate and the amount of riding you do, that seems about right, maybe lasted longer than average though.

I was surprised to see my Stans sealant (new bike end of December) was ALMOST dried up sometime in August when I had to change a damaged tire. I'd been neglecting checking it then somehow 8 -9 months went by.

My summers are 100 degrees. The bike would be ridden once or twice a week, on average, and is garage stored. I like to check every 3 to 4 months through the summer for my local conditions.

I've used one orange seal bottle. It seemed to work as well as the Stans has. Not saying one is better than the other, considering both have sealed equally, Stans is 'better for me' in that it cots what, half the cost?

I've had plenty of little holes all over the tire evident by the small stains. Never really had a larger hole to fill like is witnessed on the YouTube video demonstrations out there. Maybe Orange is better for that.

In my experience -both leave a similar residue in the tire once dried up (empty). Both seal smaller, "normal" punctures equally. I think Stans may be more difficult to clean the inside of the tire though in terms of cleaning the bead and/or removing some of the crusty inside if needing to install a tube.
    I believe it was the Orange seal that I had a heck of a time wiping out a pool of dried sealant. Tire sat and it was no longer liquid. Not sure why though, hadn't set 'that' long. But it was all I could to do scrape it out. Tire was out of balance as a result, but it was like trying to scrape up a stiffer 'flubber' material -took for ever. Full disclosure, that may have still been the Stans in a tire but seems like it was the Orange.

Cycologist
    I bought a bike last November that the guy used Orange Seal Endurance. I replaced the rear wheel several months ago, still had liquid seal in it. I pulled the front tire two days ago and it still had a good bit of liquid seal in it as well (I haven't added any). Both tires were weeping a fair amount through the sidewalls when pulled; no idea how much the guy used. I did stick with the endurance with the new tires.
    This post is a natural product. Variances in spelling & grammar should be appreciated as part of its character & beauty.

Nat
    mtbr member
    Looks about as expected.

mtbr member
    I'll start checking it between 5 and 6 months for now on. I'm in FL , it's hot but , I keep my bike inside. Ride about 3 or 4 times a week. Thanks for the tips.
    Trek Fuel EX 8

mtbr member
    If I could get a tire much spokes to last me 7 months I'd be stoked. I've found the endurance to be a fantastic product.
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

Nat
    mtbr member
    Use that little plastic dipstick-looking thing that comes with Orange Seal bottle as a dipstick through the valve core. If it comes out dry then add some fluid.

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    Use that little plastic dipstick-looking thing that comes with Orange Seal bottle as a dipstick through the valve core. If it comes out dry then add some fluid.
    Ideally one should also 'check the oil level' once sealant has been added. They then have a baseline reading to what full is vs. getting very low is.

A ziptie works well for this. I've checked a few times that way but with only a small amount on the ziptie-dipstick, I was never sure what the actual amount in the tire was.

I feel like I get a better idea of how much is left by shaking the tire and listening to the sound. Usually I leave the wheel on the bike but if it's questionable I'll remove the wheel and shake to better listen to the sloshing.

mtbr member
    I've checked it both ways, when I took it off and shook it this time I didn't hear anything. Out of curiosity I wanted to see what it looked like.
    Trek Fuel EX 8