mtbr member
    Feb 2008

orange seal endurance -vs- orange seal subzero?

I've been using Orange Seal Endurance for my tubeless setup for the last year or so and it seems to be working out pretty well for me. I bought Arc'teryx Gamma LT outerwear recently and it has helped me ride my mtb comfortably in temps down to 30 degrees. Previously, I only rode my bike when temps were over 50 degrees.

I need to get the tubeless setup on my rear tire redone b/c it's losing a lot of air. Has anyone here used both OS Endurance as well as OS Subzero? More specifically, has anyone here had any issues with OS Endurance when riding down to 30 degrees and then found that those issues were resolved when using OS Subzero? I think OS Subzero may be a newer offering in the last 1-2 years b/c I just came across it online this morning.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    During the winter (I live at 9000’ in the CO front range), I use OS subzero in my fatbike tires and OS endurance in the tires of both my hardtail and FS trail bike. The fatty has been ridden at temps down to -20F, and the HT and trail bikes have both been ridden down to around 20F (and have been left in the car overnight at 0F). I have not had any problems losing air with any of these setups. If you’re riding with temps in the 30s, you’ll probably be just fine with the endurance formula.

Also, if you store your bike outside, you might want to bring it inside during any extended cold periods to prolong sealant life.