mtbr member
    Oct 2016

Nukeproof ARD inserts

Just got these in the mail, will try installing one in the rear this weekend

Couple of initial unboxing reactions

1) Super light: Currently have a Huck Norris, and from what I recall its very close in weight

2) Dense Foam: Nothing like a pool noodle or Huck, it appears to be high durometer- scientific fingernail poke

Ill report back on install and seating

Nukeproof ARD inserts-p5pb16645710.jpg

Nukeproof ARD inserts-p5pb16645709.jpg

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Eager to hear updates.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Curious to hear where you purchased them? I have been eyeing these as well. Seems like a great middle ground between cushcore and huck norris. Hopefully, with the benefits of both.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmonty View Post
    Curious to hear where you purchased them? I have been eyeing these as well. Seems like a great middle ground between cushcore and huck norris. Hopefully, with the benefits of both.
    Got them from Chainreactioncycles on the release day

Excited to see the benefits

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    please let us know tires, rims, and your install experience, along with ride quality, differences, etc. thanks.

Barely in control
    Looks like the tire would be compressing them under smooth conditions which isn't good for rolling resistance.

mtbr member
    Sep 2017
    I wanted to order and compare to cushcore, but seems all 29ers are sold out...nukeproof said a large run is coming mid- to late January. My uninformed assumption is that they wont provide the same level of sidewall supposed as the cushcore, but the lower weight would be attractive on my lighter "aggressive trail" bike. Or, on my big rig I thought I might also try and see how I like on the front, dropping 2-3psi, where I dont need as much protection or side wall support.

Surprised I'm not seeing more posts and reviews...they must not have made many on their first run.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    I'd love to know how much sidewall support these provide and if they actually do shrink down onto the rim like they claim.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Schulze View Post
    Looks like the tire would be compressing them under smooth conditions which isn't good for rolling resistance.
    Nukeproof ARD inserts-mg_2141.jpg

To me they look about the right size profile where they will not be riding on the tire at all. Much lower profile than the Vittoria Airliners, that look way too big.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GRPABT1 View Post
    I'd love to know how much sidewall support these provide and if they actually do shrink down onto the rim like they claim.
    I doubt at all they are going to provide much sidewall support. If you think about it the whole thing is going to shrink all the way around, you are putting 20 pounds per square inch pressure on them all they way around. If anything they are probably becoming a little looser?

But looks like they are going to provide great rim strike protection and last/hold up, at a good weight and price.

Barely in control
    Quote Originally Posted by In2falling View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MG_2141.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	1229060

To me they look about the right size profile where they will not be riding on the tire at all. Much lower profile than the Vittoria Airliners, that look way too big.
    ok, perhaps that is true. Good pic. I'd give them a try for like $20.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by In2falling View Post
    I doubt at all they are going to provide much sidewall support. If you think about it the whole thing is going to shrink all the way around, you are putting 20 pounds per square inch pressure on them all they way around. If anything they are probably becoming a little looser?

But looks like they are going to provide great rim strike protection and last/hold up, at a good weight and price.
    That's not what they claim though, I'm skeptical but if they prove to be what they claim then I'm on-board. Until then I'll stick with Pepi's.