Nokian recognition...Shiggy and others need advice- Mtbr.com

Feb 2005

Nokian recognition...Shiggy and others need advice

So some Nokian NBX 2.3's came on my new ride. I took them off and sold them to a guy. I accidently pasted up the wrong weight of the tires by "ACCIDENT" and the guy wants to send them back to me. I told him that it's fine, and I'll refund his money plus the shipping but he wants me to pay for the shipping back.

I'm not a store, I'm just a biker. Even if I was a store, they make you pay for shipping costs back if your not happy.

What would you do?

On a second note:

I looked into the tires in more depth. He seems to think that they are 1000 grams each(wire dh), I think that they are the 750 gram version (wire). Now I accidently listed them as the folding version which are 650 grams (foldable). So being an honest ebayer, I offered to refund his money. However, On the nokian site the 1000 gram dh version tires have a red pin stripe that goes around the tire. The non dh versions (650gram foldables and 750 gram wire) don't have this red pin stripe on the tire. He insists that they are the 1000 gram version, but there's no pin stripe. Regardless I listed them wrong, but, now I feel like he's lying to me about the weight because according to Nokian, the only tire with the red stripe on the tread are the dh versions. And these tires didn't feel that heavy.

Can anyone confirm this? Shiggy?

Feb 2005
    At first I was trying to just see if he wanted to keep them for the extra .44lbs for the set. But then he started getting all pissy with me via email and being a prick, threatening me, etc. I'm half tempted to tell him to go Fvck himself for being such an @ss but I like to be an honest seller with people, and I don't want to scuff up my ebay feedback. But I'm having a hard time with this prick because he's just being an @ss, I told him that I'm sorry, and that it was an accidental mistake on listing the wrong weight, but he's being a jerk from the get go. Now if I was in his shoes, I'd be upset too as I've been waiting for some parts to arrive from an online site and they ordered the wrong crap. But this guys being a jerk about the whole situation and is tempting me to be one in return.

jrm
    mtbr member

usually i dont argue

Quote Originally Posted by O~Hi~O
    So some Nokian NBX 2.3's came on my new ride. I took them off and sold them to a guy. I accidently pasted up the wrong weight of the tires by "ACCIDENT" and the guy wants to send them back to me. I told him that it's fine, and I'll refund his money plus the shipping but he wants me to pay for the shipping back.

I'm not a store, I'm just a biker. Even if I was a store, they make you pay for shipping costs back if your not happy.

What would you do?

On a second note:

I looked into the tires in more depth. He seems to think that they are 1000 grams each(wire dh), I think that they are the 750 gram version (wire). Now I accidently listed them as the folding version which are 650 grams (foldable). So being an honest ebayer, I offered to refund his money. However, On the nokian site the 1000 gram dh version tires have a red pin stripe that goes around the tire. The non dh versions (650gram foldables and 750 gram wire) don't have this red pin stripe on the tire. He insists that they are the 1000 gram version, but there's no pin stripe. Regardless I listed them wrong, but, now I feel like he's lying to me about the weight because according to Nokian, the only tire with the red stripe on the tread are the dh versions. And these tires didn't feel that heavy.

Can anyone confirm this? Shiggy?
    with folks that want to return stuff. Even if you prove the weight of he tires he'll probably still want to return um. Ill bet he thought they were something else altogether or something. Anyway IMO i wouldnt mess with it at all. Tell the guy to ship um back and youll refund his money. That is unless the eBay user agreement states that your liable to refund the return shipping on an item?

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Red stripe = DH
    No stripe = XC/FR
    The DH may also have "NBX DH" molded on the sidewall.

I would refund but not pay return shipping.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy
    Red stripe = DH
    No stripe = XC/FR
    The DH may also have "NBX DH" molded on the sidewall.

I would refund but not pay return shipping.
    So this guys pulling my chain about the weight? He even sent me a picture of a digital scale reading with the tire on it. He just said he'd be mailing the tires back, it just sucks that I have to relist them again and eat half the return shipping to please this guy. I realize that the weight was listed wrong on the ad, but it's not like I was scamming him, I just didn't realize they weren't the "lighter" version is all...if that's even the case. Will see when I weigh them once they arrive, if he's pulling my leg, the return shipping is on him. This guy got me heated to say the least, very rude and threatened me if I didn't refund him his money.

What a jerk.

jrm
    mtbr member

A pitfall of Ebay..

Quote Originally Posted by O~Hi~O
    So this guys pulling my chain about the weight? He even sent me a picture of a digital scale reading with the tire on it. He just said he'd be mailing the tires back, it just sucks that I have to relist them again and eat half the return shipping to please this guy. I realize that the weight was listed wrong on the ad, but it's not like I was scamming him, I just didn't realize they weren't the "lighter" version is all...if that's even the case. Will see when I weigh them once they arrive, if he's pulling my leg, the return shipping is on him. This guy got me heated to say the least, very rude and threatened me if I didn't refund him his money.

What a jerk.
    you do get um all. Have your tried the MTBR classifieds or your local craigslist?

Members who have read this thread: 0