Nobl Tr 37ís -Anyone running them?- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 31 of 31
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    12

    Nobl Tr 37ís -Anyone running them?

    Theyíre kind of funny looking but Iím interested. Like the idea of reduced vertical stiffness, like the offset dimensions, like the warranty, price is reasonable but there is little to no feedback on the ride and durability of such a new design. Anyone running them?

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: DrewBird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,586
    I built up a set on I9 hubs (already had the hubs) last week. Have not ridden them yet as our trails are closed until next week.

    Feedback from the build would be that they look very cool in person, quality seems excellent, they hit advertised weights, have a nice offset and alternating directional spoke drilling. All in all no regrets on the purchase. Canít see anyone having feedback on durability at this point, as theyíve only been available for a couple weeks.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Ineedmorecowbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    190
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewBird View Post
    I built up a set on I9 hubs (already had the hubs) last week. Have not ridden them yet as our trails are closed until next week.

    Feedback from the build would be that they look very cool in person, quality seems excellent, they hit advertised weights, have a nice offset and alternating directional spoke drilling. All in all no regrets on the purchase. Canít see anyone having feedback on durability at this point, as theyíve only been available for a couple weeks.
    I'm also interested in these. How long did shipping take for the rims?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Ineedmorecowbell View Post
    I'm also interested in these. How long did shipping take for the rims?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Just received a response, they are currently OS on Tr37ís... Nobl expects a shipment to arrive in 2 weeks. Not sure how long it takes them to build and ship...

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    2,208
    Finally received mine last week and have 2 rides. First, the look is really cool. Second, quality seems great. Ride is fantastic. I ride mostly rooty rocky gardens and they are comfortable and sharp.

    Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    53
    Sorry to hijack the thread, but... anyone ridden NOBL's TR 32s or TR33s? Weight and width are spot on for the type of riding I do, they look cool, and perhaps most importantly, they are well priced for a boutique brand. Any feedback would be welcome...

  7. #7
    Class Clown
    Reputation: dundundata's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,849
    I'm looking at the TR37's (they also still offer the 36).

    They build them with either Sapim Secure Lock 7075 Alloy nipples or brass.

    Normally I would go with brass but they seem to like the alloys and I'd rather defer to the experts. What say ye experts of mtbr?

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    9
    people must have had some time on these by now. Any feedback on ride feel and durability yet??

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    2,208
    Quote Originally Posted by Resinrider View Post
    people must have had some time on these by now. Any feedback on ride feel and durability yet??
    I have for a number of months. I do like them and they haven't failed at any point. It's difficult to give a review because they have just worked. Are there any specific questions?

    Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    9
    I wanted to hear some feedback on ride feel. They have advertised the new rims to have more vertical compliance compared to other carbon wheels, so I guess I was interested in hearing how that actually feels out on the trails. I have not tried a carbon wheel yet, so I'm carbon curious I guess you could say. Also build quality...do they stay true or have you had to work to keep them in line?
    Thanks for the feedback

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    12
    Trying to decide between the tr-37ís or a set of WAO Unions... The NOBLís are $125 less. If all things are equal Iíd go for the better price. In particular, Iím wondering if the the build quality is the same, especially the bead? Is it possible to install a Cushcore insert? If anyone has ridden both wheels, are they similar in ride quality? Thnx!

  12. #12
    Class Clown
    Reputation: dundundata's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,849
    Just waiting on my bike to ship and ordering TR37 with dt350, sapim dlight and black brass.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    2,208
    I have had a ton of carbon wheels. These replaced a set of Zipp 3zero Moto. These are lighter and feel no different. I ride some rocky stuff and they have good feel. Build quality is great and I have done nothing to them.

    Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ocnLogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1,216
    I'll pile on here.

    Looks like there are pretty much no reviews of the TR37 right now. Anyone else have feedback on them?

    I've mostly been ignoring carbon rims as I've been looking at new wheelset options. However, the price point on the TR37's is actually approaching somewhat reasonable. Especially if you factor in the lifetime warranty, and how long an AL rim will typically last you.

    I'm low key considering a rear wheel only (my budget is limited, and my rear rim is the only one with issues so far). Its just there isn't much out there on them, in comparison to the WAO Unions (which I see as their main competitor).

  15. #15
    Class Clown
    Reputation: dundundata's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,849
    I just ordered a set, haven't seen too much on them but what reviews are out there are good.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by ocnLogan View Post
    I'll pile on here.

    Looks like there are pretty much no reviews of the TR37 right now. Anyone else have feedback on them?

    I've mostly been ignoring carbon rims as I've been looking at new wheelset options. However, the price point on the TR37's is actually approaching somewhat reasonable. Especially if you factor in the lifetime warranty, and how long an AL rim will typically last you.

    I'm low key considering a rear wheel only (my budget is limited, and my rear rim is the only one with issues so far). Its just there isn't much out there on them, in comparison to the WAO Unions (which I see as their main competitor).
    I can't really comment on the TR37s but I do have the WAO Unions and they are incredible. Fairly light, super stiff laterally but don't seem to transmit any trail chatter. I only have about 200 miles on them so far, but wouldn't hesitate to buy them again. Plus their warranty is awesome and they look amazing in my opinion. It was definitely a bit more expensive than I originally budgeted but I think they were well worth it.

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ocnLogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1,216
    Quote Originally Posted by amc_ View Post
    I can't really comment on the TR37s but I do have the WAO Unions and they are incredible. Fairly light, super stiff laterally but don't seem to transmit any trail chatter. I only have about 200 miles on them so far, but wouldn't hesitate to buy them again. Plus their warranty is awesome and they look amazing in my opinion. It was definitely a bit more expensive than I originally budgeted but I think they were well worth it.
    The WAO Unions are also definitely something I'm considering. And its partially because both NOBL and WAO seem to have some of the best warranties around for carbon rims. If they didn't have that, I wouldn't even be considering carbon to be honest.

    I've reached out to them (WAO) to see if they'll do a rear wheel only build, and I'm waiting to hear back (should be sometime today). NOBL just lists the rear wheel only options directly on their website, which made it easier to compare pricing.

    I will say though, while I hear incredible things about the WAO, I do like how NOBL is doing things. Specifically, they have different front and rear rim designs. The rear is slightly narrower (internally), stiffer, and weighs more. The front is lighter, wider, and has a bit more vertical compliance built in.

    Seems like a step in the right direction from a design perspective.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    47
    Yeah, the idea behind the different front/rear wheel is very intriguing. Its really cool what these smaller companies like Nobl and WAO are doing these days.

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    2
    I am purchasing my first set of carbon wheels very soon and like some on this thread have it narrowed down to the WAO Union and NOBL TR37. I have read great things about the Union but besides what I've read on this thread have found very little feedback on the TR37. What intrigues me about the TR37 is that the wheelset with I9 101 hubs is 160 grams lighter than the Union and the front wheel is slightly wider which I think would suit me well since I run a 2.35 Magic Mary up front and an Agressor 2.3 in the rear. Looking forward to hearing what others have to say about this rim.

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Average_MTB View Post
    I am purchasing my first set of carbon wheels very soon and like some on this thread have it narrowed down to the WAO Union and NOBL TR37. I have read great things about the Union but besides what I've read on this thread have found very little feedback on the TR37. What intrigues me about the TR37 is that the wheelset with I9 101 hubs is 160 grams lighter than the Union and the front wheel is slightly wider which I think would suit me well since I run a 2.35 Magic Mary up front and an Agressor 2.3 in the rear. Looking forward to hearing what others have to say about this rim.


    Go with the Unions. I was in the same boat as you. I researched and sent messages and emails to Nobl with no response. I was about to give up with Nobl and they finally sent me a message answering a simple question. I was on the fence with Nobl and WAO. I was back wanting the Nobl 37's and finally bit the bullet and ordered a set of 37s from a local wheel builder and he told me that there was a 4 week wait for the 37's plus build time. I was like WTF! I called Nobl and no one answered. I was like this is a sign. What's going to happen if I need a warranty replacement? Would I have to wait a month? If I even get a response or a human to talk to. I canceled the order and ordered a set of Union's and I'll have them in 11 days. I might be impatient but 4 week wait for a set of rims is crazy IMO.

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    47
    Can't recommend the Unions (and WAO as a company) enough. That said I just don't know too much about the TR37s so they may be as good or better.

    I ordered mine back in late May and they took about 4 weeks to get here. Well worth it but waiting sucks. It just seems like its the norm right now though.

    @Average_MTB - I'm running 2.6 front and 2.4 rear on the Unions and they have a great profile. I'm sure the 2.3/2.35 would be just as good. However, I'm not sure I'd go much wider at that tire width. Just my opinion though.

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ocnLogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1,216
    Quote Originally Posted by pat12 View Post
    Go with the Unions. I was in the same boat as you. I researched and sent messages and emails to Nobl with no response. I was about to give up with Nobl and they finally sent me a message answering a simple question. I was on the fence with Nobl and WAO. I was back wanting the Nobl 37's and finally bit the bullet and ordered a set of 37s from a local wheel builder and he told me that there was a 4 week wait for the 37's plus build time. I was like WTF! I called Nobl and no one answered. I was like this is a sign. What's going to happen if I need a warranty replacement? Would I have to wait a month? If I even get a response or a human to talk to. I canceled the ordered and ordered a set of Union's and I'll have them in 11 days. I might be impatient but 4 week wait for a set of rims is crazy IMO.
    Interesting feedback. Maybe surprisingly, my experience so far has been the opposite.

    I sent emails to NOBL, and each time got responses back in less than 2 hours. I emailed WAO last Wednesday, got a response Thursday night, and I emailed them back on Friday (and today), and still haven't heard anything back.

    So I starting to maybe lean more towards NOBL, just because of that. But your comment has me thinking...

    I will say though, that the WAO warranty is a "bit" better. The whole reason I reached out to NOBL and WAO in the first place was to verify how their warranty worked (and get rear wheel only pricing from WAO).

    NOBL said that if "I" was a serial rim destroyer, and was trying to warranty rims every few months, eventually they'd cut me off. WAO said that if I was breaking rims every few months, they'd do a custom layup replacement that would be "virtually unbreakable".

    So I think I like the WAO warranty better, but I do like the lighter weight, and different front/rear rim widths of NOBL better.

    Decisions decisions...

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by ocnLogan View Post
    Interesting feedback. Maybe surprisingly, my experience so far has been the opposite.

    I sent emails to NOBL, and each time got responses back in less than 2 hours. I emailed WAO last Wednesday, got a response Thursday night, and I emailed them back on Friday (and today), and still haven't heard anything back.

    So I starting to maybe lean more towards NOBL, just because of that. But your comment has me thinking...

    I will say though, that the WAO warranty is a "bit" better. The whole reason I reached out to NOBL and WAO in the first place was to verify how their warranty worked (and get rear wheel only pricing from WAO).

    NOBL said that if "I" was a serial rim destroyer, and was trying to warranty rims every few months, eventually they'd cut me off. WAO said that if I was breaking rims every few months, they'd do a custom layup replacement that would be "virtually unbreakable".

    So I think I like the WAO warranty better, but I do like the lighter weight, and different front/rear rim widths of NOBL better.

    Decisions decisions...

    Agreed, I really wanted the 37's but waiting 4 weeks plus another 2-3 weeks to get them built is crazy. Again what's going to happen when I need a warranty replacement?

    In my eyes a Lifetime warranty isn't worth the paper it's written on if you can't get a replacement in a reasonable amount of time. Now, maybe they have warranty replacements on the shelf waiting for this issue but I kind of doubt it.

    I guess my issue was the lack of communication and parts availability.

    I just wanna RIDE!!!

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ocnLogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1,216
    Quote Originally Posted by pat12 View Post
    Agreed, I really wanted the 37's but waiting 4 weeks plus another 2-3 weeks to get them built is crazy. Again what's going to happen when I need a warranty replacement?

    In my eyes a Lifetime warranty isn't worth the paper it's written on if you can't get a replacement in a reasonable amount of time. Now, maybe they have warranty replacements on the shelf waiting for this issue but I kind of doubt it.

    I guess my issue was the lack of communication and parts availability.

    I just wanna RIDE!!!
    I hadn't heard about the TR37's being on that much of a backorder. Thats a pretty long time, I can totally agree with that. But like most things, I'd assume that COVID is causing all sorts of issues, both with supply, and demand.

    At least, thats what I keep telling myself is the reason that WAO hasn't responded to my email since Friday :/. That they are just too busy.

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation: gnarzt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    36

    Nobl Tr 37ís -Anyone running them?

    I sent Nobl an email regarding the TR32ís and they emailed me back within a few hours. Iím leaning towards Nobl over WAO due to the weight savings and the front and rear specific rim design.

    I have the stock wheels that came with my bike as a backup so Iím not so worried about turnaround time.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    2,208
    I tried to buy the TR37 when first released, but they sold out quickly and I got in on the 2nd batch. I have had them for probably 1000 miles so far and they have been excellent. East coast rocky singletrack riding.

    Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    1
    I ordered a set of tr37ís assuming that they wouldnít be arriving quickly, as has been the case with orders from other small companies in the middle of this pandemic. I sent an email after i ordered asking if they could give me an idea of how long the wait would be, and received a reply within 15 minutes confirming that they were indeed backlogged with their suppliers and completely inundated with new orders. 2-3 weeks is what they told me. Seemed reasonable to me under the circumstances.

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    2
    Iím thinking of doing the same for the reasons you mentioned. I emailed NOBL after hours yesterday and received a response this morning to see what lead times look like. In fact, I asked them a few questions after they responded and replied immediately. I was told the TR37 is out 3-4 weeks.

    Do you think I'll be good running a 2.35 up front and 2.3 rear on that rim or should I consider the TR32? I have a feeling that when I get a more all-mountain geared rig next year I'm going to go to a larger tire so I wanted to get a rim that will work with what I have now and down the road. What do you think?

  29. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    237
    ordered a set of 37's w/ onyx hubs on June 22. Still waiting. When I enquired a couple weeks ago they told me they had just received more hubs and were building around 100 backlogged orders at 6 wheel sets a day. and would get to mine in the next couple weeks.
    Had no idea they were such a small company and that orders would take so long, but it is covid time. shipping is wonky everywhere. I'd be bummed if I was hurting to ride my present rig, but all good since I'm waiting to stick them on a revel rail that's not due in until September. bike industry seems to be out of everything right now.

    to answer the question above about the difference in carbon rims, I will say, in my experience, when I went from the old aluminum rims (before wider was normal) to a set of enves, the tracking was absolutely insane and immediately noticeable on the very first downhill. had no idea i was compensating for wandering wheels my whole life until that point. Just an amazing difference. On the next rig i went from wide aluminums to a set of reynolds carbons and the difference was negligible. I put it down to the wide aluminums being much stiffer, and the reynolds being more compliant than the enves. my takeaway: if i have the time and money to upgrade to carbons on any rig in the future, I will for the sake of the consistent trueness and the warranties. Buying set after set of aluminums that get thrashed and bent from normal wear gets old. But they are much better now.

  30. #30
    hartmtb
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    5

    tr 37

    My tr37's laced to black hydras are shipped and due to arrive wednesday. i ordered them 2 weeks ago. Fast turnaround. I was between these and WAO union on I9 1/1's but they gave me a 8-10 week turnaround and were more expensive than the nobl with hydras. I currently have ibis s35 ally wheels on ibis hubs. Going to put fresh rubber on with Assegai 2.5 up front and vittoria agarro 2.6 rear w/tannus rim liner. I'll report back on how they feel later this week.

  31. #31
    Class Clown
    Reputation: dundundata's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,849
    I got my TR37s, took about a month. Unfortunately going to be awhile until I ride them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_20200922_163834.jpg  

    -img_20200922_163848.jpg  

    -img_20200922_163921.jpg  

    Last edited by dundundata; 09-22-2020 at 06:50 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. anyone using CUSH CORE with NOBL
    By VJPNW in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-08-2017, 10:10 AM
  2. NOBL Wheels
    By NOBLwheels in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 02-19-2017, 11:39 AM
  3. NOBL wheels?
    By Snopro440 in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-22-2016, 07:31 PM
  4. New NOBL "mid" size rims
    By Derp in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 03-09-2016, 06:06 AM
  5. Nobl Carbon Wheels
    By Ominous in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-22-2014, 02:53 PM

Members who have read this thread: 131

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.