New Maxxis finally showing on Maxxis site! 2.35 Ikons and 29er Minions- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2008

New Maxxis finally showing on Maxxis site! 2.35 Ikons and 29er Minions

29er Minions in DHF 2.5 Exo/TR/3c and DHR II 2.3, plus Ikons in 2.35 EXO for both 26" and 29" finally up on Maxxis website. I know they were showing prototypes of the 29er minions at 2011 Eurobike and Interbike, but I've been hoping they would release a 2.35 Ikon for a while. Seems like it would be the perfect trailbike rear tire in the dry.

Minion DHF
    Minion DHR II
    Ikon

Anyone have any idea how long its going to take for these tires to get to the shops.

beater
    There are a couple threads in the 29er components forum. From following those threads- according to bholwell, tires generally go live on the website when they're on the boat, but he can't confirm that since he's not with Maxxis anymore. Sounds like the best case scenario is the end of March, but I'm not going to get emotionally invested in the wait. I will buy as soon as they're available, though.
    Last edited by evasive; 02-05-2013 at 08:13 AM. Reason: Deleted auto-included post title. Ugh.

Pivoteer
    I spoke to Maxxis a few days ago, and they told me the new tires should be available in about 2 months.
    Employed by Pivot Cycles - www.pivotcycles.com

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    http://forums.mtbr.com/29er-componen...-a-835850.html

Like Evasive said, lots of info and pics there.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Thanks. I saw that thread, but it's 29er specific. I'm equally, maybe more, interested in the 2.35 ikon 26" tire which is why I posted here.

beater

New Maxxis finally showing on Maxxis site! 2.35 Ikons and 29er Minions

I would expect that they're all part of the same batch headed this way.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    I would love to see Maxxis update their Ignitor tire. This is a favorite of mine, but the weight vs volume makes it hard for it to compete with other tires. That said the tread pattern provides a great mix of traction and speed IMHO.

Members who have read this thread: 0