Minion dhf 2.6 vs. bontrager xr5/se5 2.6- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2006

Minion dhf 2.6 vs. bontrager xr5/se5 2.6

Anyone have experience with both? Which do you like better? Does one have better side knobs?
    For 27.5Ē 30 mm Id rim.
    Last edited by dwyooaj; 04-06-2019 at 04:02 PM.

mtbr member
    I put a 2.6 DHF on a 30mm rim and thought it would look way better on a 35mm rim so was thinking of trying a 2.6 xr4 ~ better profile for a 30mm rim...?

This place needs an enema
    Quote Originally Posted by dwyooaj View Post
    Anyone have experience with both? Which do you like better? Does one have better side knobs?
    For 27.5Ē 30 mm Id rim.

Front or rear?

mtbr member
    2.6 dhf on a i35 wheel is good stuff. As far as side knobs go, you can't go wrong with the dhf. They will leave you wanting for nothing in the cornering dept. No experience with Bontrager tires, but if its side knobs you want, e-13 tires have some pretty dam big side knobs.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesee View Post
    Front or rear?
    front

mtbr member
    Feb 2019
    I just replaced a 2.6 dhf up front with an xr5. Haven't ridden it yet, I'll find out this weekend how it compares. I found the 2.6 dhf draggy on the trails I ride

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I look forward to the comparison. Iím in the market for a new front. So far the original e13 has been my favorite and mostly worth the weight and drag. New e13 has squared off too much. Iíve tried 2.4 DHRii and DHF 2.5 in the frontógood but draggy and DHRii in the front has abrupt transition to side. I have the SE4 2.4 front and back now and like it but want a bit more tracking in front and would love to minimize drag.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jkidde View Post
    I look forward to the comparison. Iím in the market for a new front. So far the original e13 has been my favorite and mostly worth the weight and drag. New e13 has squared off too much. Iíve tried 2.4 DHRii and DHF 2.5 in the frontógood but draggy and DHRii in the front has abrupt transition to side. I have the SE4 2.4 front and back now and like it but want a bit more tracking in front and would love to minimize drag.
    I changed my mind and am holding out for the new wtb verdict. Looks like a minion and e13 had a baby and fed it steroids. It wonít roll the geeatest tho thatís for sure!

mtbr member
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by jkidde View Post
    I've found the xr5 have me what I wanted, dhf-esque tracking and stability without the drag. I'm not riding to the limit so not sure about whether ULTIMATE grip would be better in the xr5 vs dhf