Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    mtbr member

Maxxis Aggressor 2.5" WT

Should be coming real soon. This is the tire I'm patiently waiting for.

Any updates on when this is shipping?

Erik

mtbr member
    Curious how the knobs will be sized. Will they be the same size as the 2.3, or will the 2.5 aggressor have larger knobs? A 2.5 aggressor with larger knobs could be an interesting front tire option.

Rocks belong
    Buy a 2.5 WTB Breakout Tough/Fast and call it good
    I like 'em long, low, slack and playful

mtbr member
    My breakout wore really fast. I'd like to a true 2.4ish aggressor.
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by WHALENARD View Post
    My breakout wore really fast. I'd like to a true 2.4ish aggressor.
    Really?! From my experience Breakouts wear like steel.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    The Breakout is a killer tire, but isn't available in a 29er.

The 2.5 x 29 Aggressor is supposed to ship in 2-3 months.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Suns_PSD View Post

The 2.5 x 29 Aggressor is supposed to ship in 2-3 months.
    Any word on the 2.5 x 27.5?

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by TheArbez View Post
    Any word on the 2.5 x 27.5?
    In short Yes, http://forums.mtbr.com/wheels-tires/...s-1049186.html
    It takes half a joule more to accelerate Brass Nipples over Alloy Nipples on a 29er to 30kph.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by softbatch View Post
    So now we just have to see when it will ship... Thinking that would be perfect paired with a DHF up front on my Flow mk3s.

mtbr member
    This is incorrect. The 29er version has always been available. I'm running one in my SB5.5 at the moment.

https://www.wtb.com/products/breakout

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by rondre3000; 06-28-2017 at 03:26 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rondre3000 View Post
    Really?! From my experience Breakouts wear like steel.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
    Like steal?
    The edges of the center knobs on mine rounded over way quick. Perhaps I got a bunk one dunno. I've also run a trail boss out of their newer line up and the side lugs undercut very fast on it.

Overall I liked the breakout quite a bit but find tires with transition knobs don't bite as hard as tires without transitional knobs for hard cornering. I'm guessing the open channel allows the casing to deform more and thus the side knobs bite harder.

My 3 favorite tires in order right now.
    1 E-13 (unflappable)
    2 Vittoria Morsa (fast great corner bite)
    3 Aggressor ( great all rounder, could use a tad more volume but casing rides "big")
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

Rocks belong
    Quote Originally Posted by WHALENARD View Post
    Overall I liked the breakout quite a bit but find tires with transition knobs don't bite as hard as tires without transitional knobs for hard cornering. I'm guessing the open channel allows the casing to deform more and thus the side knobs bite harder.
    Running it front or rear?

Breakout is the best rear tire I've found. Ran an Aggressor before my Breakout.

I wouldn't run a Breakout of upfront... Pair it with a DHF/DHR2 or something similar and enjoy the amazingness.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    When i was on a Bronson i went thru so many tires. Breakout 2.5 in the rear, convict 2.5 in the front was what I settled on. Fantastic combo.
    Wish I could get them for my 29er.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    When i was on a Bronson i went thru so many tires. Breakout 2.5 in the rear, convict 2.5 in the front was what I settled on. Fantastic combo.
    Wish I could get them for my 29er.

Little tangential, but how was the clearance with a 2.5 on the Bronson?

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    V1 Bronson. Rear clearance was tight and rubbed the paint off the front of the chain stay. But it was functional.

mtbr member
    Be nice if the tread blocks were bigger and a bit further apart. I have a 2.3 on back now, side knobs are all undercut and tearing and all the braking edges are gone. TBH its a meh tire, if they stopped making it tomorrow I wouldn't really care but if I got another for dirt cheap I'd rock it.
    I like to fart when I'm in front of you on a climb

mtbr member
    Any updates? This is going to be a popular tire

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    I need it as well.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dpca10 View Post
    Any updates? This is going to be a popular tire
    Was recently told October.

Rocks belong
    I was shown a pic from Richie Rude's Instagram that highlighted what looked to be a big, fat Aggressor. Should be a good tire

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Looks like I'll finish out the enduro season with a Breakout 2.5 on the rear, but I'm looking forward to the aggressor 2.5 in the rear for sure.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    In the current 29 x 2.3 size, is the aggressor or the breakout the superior rear tire?
    Thanks.

mtbr member
    In the current 29 x 2.3 size, is the aggressor or the breakout the superior rear tire?
    Thanks.

"It depends"?

I used to think the Aggressor was a fantastic rear tire. It was good at everything I rode and held up to several days in the bike park.

Then I put the Breakout on my bike when the Aggressor started slipping on loose climbs.

The Breakout (in the light/fast config) has thinner sidewalls and rolls just as fast, if not faster. Outright grip seems better, but that could be me comparing a new tire to an 8 month old one and the fact I've recently cut every other transition knob to test. I really like it's increased volume, but be warned it is a tall tire.

All in all, I think it's pretty close but the Breakout is a lighter tire with more volume, at the penalty of thinner sidewalls. If you slice sidewalls on the regular, go with the Aggressor. If not, try the Breakout. REI has the 650b size on sale for under $40.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    I would definitely go with the tough casing, and probably the softer compound as well. I I loved the Breakouts on my old Bronson but I ride faster now too. I can't believe I didn't know they were available in 29er. Of course now they're sold out.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    will a 26 x 2.5 aggressor be available? anyone?

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    While I don't know for sure, the list in this link seems to be the most comprehensive list on current and future WT tires.

Wide Trail (WT) Design | Maxxis Tires USA

DHR II and Shorty are the only 26" listed.

mtbr member
    2.5 WT Aggressor is up on the Maxxis site fellas...
    Santa Cruz HTLT

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    I just got my shipping confirmation!

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    From where may i ask? From Maxxis directly? They don't have the DD listed on their site or I'd just order from there.

mtbr member
    I see the 29x2.5 but no sign of the 27.5x2.5

mtbr member
    29x2.5wt received and weighed.......she's a little heavier than I thought at 1030g. I might mount up the DHRII 2.4wt instead at 980g. If they had a 3C version of the aggressor, I think it would make for a great front tire.
    2019 SB130
    2019 SB100
    2018 Followingv2
    2017 SB5
    2016 SB55
    2016 Wreckoning
    2016 SB45
    2015 SB6
    2015 Following

Ride Fast Take Chances :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Apexit View Post
    29x2.5wt received and weighed.......she's a little heavier than I thought at 1030g. I might mount up the DHRII 2.4wt instead at 980g. If they had a 3C version of the aggressor, I think it would make for a great front tire.
    Please measure it when you can. I'm interested in how wide/tall it is compared to a DHF 29x2.5. The DHF is slightly too tall on the back of my bike.
    Making shit harder than it needs to be isn't awesome, it's just...harder.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Apexit View Post
    50g is nothing.

I really want to see one mounted next to a normal one. The normal 27.5x2.3 DD was wicked small.

mtbr member
    1030?? Good lawd.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by alexbn921 View Post
    Please measure it when you can. I'm interested in how wide/tall it is compared to a DHF 29x2.5. The DHF is slightly too tall on the back of my bike.
    Yes please.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Where did you order it from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Is the non DD Maxxis tire known for moving around a lot under a hard rider?

I tried a Schwalbe Snakeskin once in the rear and it was unridable for me as it moved so much. Not sure I'd experience the same issue with the non DD Maxxis however.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    The only place that seems to have this tire is Maxxis. That's msrp, shipping, plus sales tax (in my case). It's a bit rich for my tastes.
    So I guess I'll be waiting for the distributors to get them unless someone can share another source.
    That said, it's my next rear tire for sure.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    My thoughts exactly but the question now is which compound.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Well they only have one compound, dual.
    They currently have the 60 TPI in stock, the 120 (DD) has a ways to go before it's available.

I started thinking back to other 60 TPI Maxxis tires I had ran in the rear and they all worked well. The Maxxis TPI already splits the weight difference between say a Schwalbe snakeskin (too light at about 800g) and a super gravity (too heavy at about 1200g) casing. Sounds about right really.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Oh I see. Didnít know the DD version wasnít gonna be out for awhile. Makes the decision easier now.

Digger
    Jul 2016
    How tall is this tire? On the rear, the nobby nic 29x2.6 was a little too tall for me and I had to trim the knobs on it. I'm hoping I won't need to do the same on the 29x2.5 aggressor. Trimmed, my NN is 29.5" exactly. I'm hoping the aggressor (on 31.6mm inner rims) will be that or less.
    Salsa Pony Rustler X01

The Riddler
    Been running a 2.3 aggressor on the front of AM hardtail and thinking of moving that to the rear and running the new 2.5 up front.

Only issue is that I'm running 25mm rims. Should I stick with something 2.3/2.4? Definitely don't want a lightbulb up front but hoping to add some dig without going to a DHF.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    The 2.5 is going to slow you down on those width wheels with no net gain in traction. Yes you should stick with 2.3s.

If you are looking for more front traction (and I would be over an Aggressor front) mount up a 2.3 DHF.

That said, I've learned that tire recommendations are like A-Holes, everyone's got one. We all ride different terrain, different bikes, different styles, different weight distributions, different skill levels, different power levels, different priorities, and so on. People all the time post excitedly about tires that I have tried and found to be terrible personally, but who am I to say?

PS. I wish the one person on the planet that has the Aggressor 2.5 would post some mounted dimensions up and maybe their opinion and I also wish the companies I usually buy tires from online would get the darn things in stock as I am ready to buy mine.

Digger
    Jul 2016
    Well, I got one dimension from MAXXIS support for the 29x2.5WT, I'm assuming on the 35mm rims they're designed for:

Outer diameter: 756+-5mm

I'm REALLY hoping the one I have on the way is a bit smaller than that (should be on narrower rims), and is also on the minus size of that production variance.
    Salsa Pony Rustler X01

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Did you purchase it from Maxxis or did you buy it from an online retailer? If an online retailer would you mind letting me know where so I can order the darn thing? PM is fine.

At Maxxis, after shipping and sales tax it's pretty pricey for me.

Thanks.

Digger
    Jul 2016
    I ordered it straight from maxxis. I want it now.

Shipping was only $7.99 for me, and I don't remember there being any tax. Yeah, the tire was $66, though.

Universal cycles has them listed, but not in stock yet. They would be my first choice, but I don't think anyone other than maxxis has them right now.
    Salsa Pony Rustler X01

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    In TX we get charged sales tax from Maxxis and I'm eating tires like crazy these days so I'm trying to reduce my costs.

Anyways your tip about Universal was appreciated as I just bought the tire for $60 shipped and it ships out on Monday as they said they receive a shipment on Friday. So thank you!

I have 2-3 more rides left in my Addix Hans dampf so another week won't kill me.

Is dang happy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaparzo View Post
    Been running a 2.3 aggressor on the front of AM hardtail and thinking of moving that to the rear and running the new 2.5 up front.

Only issue is that I'm running 25mm rims. Should I stick with something 2.3/2.4? Definitely don't want a lightbulb up front but hoping to add some dig without going to a DHF.
    The casing on a 2.4 Maxxis Ardent and and 2.5 Minion are the same. If you do not want the wxtra weight of a Minion get a Chunky Monkey. (25 bucks from Random bike parts, same casing/compound!)

Shiggy says it was designed for narrow rims but I am going to use it on my wide ones anyways.
    A new Minion WT is only about 3mm wider than a new C-Monkey BTW, my old C-Monkey is only 1mm smaller.

I am building up some 35mm wheels this month but have been using the 2.5 WT Minion on 25mm Flow Rims for a while.
    I do not think the contact patch or tire profile changes as much as we think. The side wall support goes up a ton but contact patch is not effected to the degree it changes the characterists of the tire.

Here is a 2.4 on a narrow Arch next to the same tire on a 35mm id Kore Realm. I thought it would look a bit more squared off but they look the same to me.

Newer tire on 35mm rim is on the left.

Maxxis Aggressor 2.5" WT-img_20171129_121701.jpg
    Last edited by Mr. Doom; 12-06-2017 at 08:32 AM.
    The wheel is a extension of the foot

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    As of now Universal Cycles has 39 of the 29x2.5WT Aggressor DCs in stock.

https://www.universalcycles.com/shop...s.php?id=91780
    It takes half a joule more to accelerate Brass Nipples over Alloy Nipples on a 29er to 30kph.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Per your link and also a phone call, they are to receive those 39 tires on Dec. 1st, tomorrow. Close enough though!

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Placed my order last night.

Digger
    Jul 2016
    I'm in TX and they charged no tax.
    Salsa Pony Rustler X01

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    At the bottom of the Maxxis website it named three states that are charged sales tax and Texas was one of them. No matter Universal Cycles Rd already shipped mine out today.

I'm with stupid
    Ordered mine..... lets see how long it takes to get here.

Digger
    Jul 2016
    Just got mine today. GOBS of clearance. This sucker is sticky, too. Like super grippy compound, it seems.

Salsa Pony Rustler X01

I'm with stupid
    Knobs bigger than the 2.3?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Digger
    Jul 2016
    I dunno. This is actually the smallest tire I've ever put on this bike

(27.5x3.0 bridger, maxxis DHF/Rekon 27.5x2.8, Nobby Nic 28x2.6)

I can go get some calipers and measure depth if you want.
    Salsa Pony Rustler X01

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jtaylor996 View Post
    Just got mine today. GOBS of clearance. This sucker is sticky, too. Like super grippy compound, it seems.

That's the 29er right?

Could you measure the outside width of that thing and lets us know if it was measured after a ride or not (as they tend to grow after riding them)? Thanks.

Digger
    Jul 2016
    That's the 29er right?

Could you measure the outside width of that thing and lets us know if it was measured after a ride or not (as they tend to grow after riding them)? Thanks.

Yes, 29x2.5WT, on 31.6i (LB) rims.

Right now casing measures 61mm, knobs 63mm.
    Salsa Pony Rustler X01

mtbr member
    Wow, so its pretty narrow then which is solid for my purposes. I didn't want it to run so large it wouldn't fit in the rear of my HTLT.

Current 29X2.4WT DHR2, on 30i, running casing measurement at 64mm, knobs at 66mm. Not sure on height but I'd have to assume the Aggressor will run shorter.
    Santa Cruz HTLT

Ride Fast Take Chances :)
    Manufactures spec's are all over the place. I really want to see this tire next to a DHF 2.5wt or a DHR II 2.4. I'm hoping it uses one of these casing with smaller knobs. The DHF 2.5 fits on the back but rubs at max speed/pressure. I need the aggressor to be 2-3mm smaller in diameter.
    Making shit harder than it needs to be isn't awesome, it's just...harder.

Digger
    Jul 2016
    Well, it's less than 1mm from advertised for me, and I'm on narrower rims and the tire hasn't stretched yet.

If you're complaining that a 2.5" advertised tire is too narrow when it's 2.5", then I suggest you go buy a 2.6" tire. These tires are a good bit smaller than the 2.6" nobby nics I'm replacing. Maxxis says the new 2.6" rekon is going to be bigger than that.

I'll have a new DHF 2.5WT to compare to on Saturday.
    Salsa Pony Rustler X01

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    So your saying the 2.5 Aggressor measures basically exactly 2.5 width on a narrow wheel the first day? That would be unusual as my DHF 2.5 with plenty of miles on it only measures 2.45".

The Maxxis rep told me that the 2.5 Aggressor uses the same carcass as the 2.5 DHF and that if it's smaller diameter or more narrow, it's all in the tread. And this can be dependent on your rims obviously.

I've already just fit the DHF 2.5 on the rear of my bike and it works, I just end up with new scratches on the inside of my chain stays when I pick up pebbles and what not. I'd prefer a bit smaller as I'm bike limited.

I'm impressed with Universal Cycles as my delivery is scheduled for Monday. I'm quite eager to drop the sticky boat anchor Super Gravity Hans Dampf I'm currently running. Swapping a rear tire can equal a lot of free speed!

Digger
    Jul 2016
    I wouldn't call 31.6mm narrow. It's narrower than maxxis used to design the tires (35mm), but wider than most 29er rims.
    Salsa Pony Rustler X01

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    It would be really cool if you just posted the width of the new mounted tire. Jeez!

Digger
    Jul 2016
    It would be really cool if you just posted the width of the new mounted tire. Jeez!
    I did already, did you not see it? 61mm casing, 63mm knobs, like 2 hours after mounting.

63mm = 2.48"

I'm not going to measure again for probably at least 2 weeks so they have time to stretch.
    Salsa Pony Rustler X01

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Sorry, I had missed it above.

Thanks!

Digger
    Jul 2016
    Ok, I just mounted the DHF 29x2.5WT. It measures 61mm at casing, 64mm at the knobs. So it's got every other set of side knobs that are 1mm wider than the aggressor.

Likely the same casing. Will have a first ride later this afternoon.
    Salsa Pony Rustler X01

Digger
    Jul 2016
    Salsa Pony Rustler X01

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    2.42" wide at the knobs at riding pressure (27psi) on 29mm ID wheels.

My Yeti 5.5 is fairly tight on rear clearance but this is definitely acceptable. I have more clearance to the front with this tire than I had with the DHF2.5 mounted back here.

Ride report tomorrow.

Digger
    Jul 2016
    NOTE: This is copied from my facebook post. I'm in north texas, and there are some details you won't recognize about my local trails, but still might be useful for those of you on the fence about the Aggressor 2.5WT.

Maxxis DHF/Aggressor 29x2.5WT first ride review.

I've got the DHF 3C in front, and the Aggressor DC in the rear. For this ride I ended up on 20# F 26# R. I will drop the front 1-2 psi on the next ride. I rode Northshore East tonight.

My overall impression is wow, I like these things. Sand performance is amazing. Loose performance is amazing. I can basically pick any line and these tires bail me out.

The Aggressor in the rear rolls fast, and has insane climbing grip. I totally blew that staircase climb on the East side after the creek, but was able to just lean over and kiss the front tire and kept cranking all the way up the hill from basically a stop. I couldn't do that on the nobby nic 2.6" tires at all. One negative about this tire is that it seems to pick up sandy mud that we had just bast shorecrest dr headed west. Once picked up, I started to have issues slipping on roots, namely on the climb out of triple creek (ow). So I'd say you need to be careful with this tire on the rear if conditions are damp and you're headed over roots. Other than that its great.

The DHF in the front is a DHF. So, basically glue. Not much to say. I consider DHFs to be the platonic ideal front tire in whatever form you buy them in. I did have one moment on the rough downhill section after the climb out of the pit headed west. The front slipped until it transitioned completely over to a side knob, then caught firmly. Not enough to cause an issue, but it was not a good feel. I think dropping the pressure is going to solve that, though. This tire won't pick up the sandy mud we have around here like the aggressor did. On the other more technical descents like the rope swing section it's basically just glue. It sticks where ever you point it, even if it's a terrible line.

Definitely better than the Nobby Nic 29x2.6" I was just on. These are comparable to the 27.5+ DHF/Rekon+ I had before that. But these have bigger diameter and are on much lighter wheels. They roll better too, so quicker. Grip is almost exactly the same as those 2.8" tires, maybe just a hair less.

Salsa Pony Rustler X01

Digger
    Jul 2016
    Went back out today, and definitely can confirm that the aggressor DC has issues over roots while wet. I sessioned the spot mentioned above, and no matter the pressure I got slip on the roots at the top of this climb. That's not wonderful. Not sure what I can do about it, technique-wise.

This tire is a big improvement everywhere else, but I don't really want to give up clearing this technical feature just due to the tire.
    Salsa Pony Rustler X01

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Well I rode my Aggressor 2.5 today and loved it. Probably my favorite rear tire that I've ever been on. And I swap rear tires a lot and try a lot of different things.
    It rolls a bit slower than a tough/ fast breakout with notably more traction, but it has the same traction and solid feel as the Hans dampf super gravity addix soft I just came off of but it rolls slightly better. And it really calms trail chatter I guess because of all that tire volume.
    I'm going to be riding with this one for a while. Also I'm really damaging to tires generally and even after one ride they can show notable wear but this thing still looks brand new after my maiden voyage.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jtaylor996 View Post
    Went back out today, and definitely can confirm that the aggressor DC has issues over roots while wet. I sessioned the spot mentioned above, and no matter the pressure I got slip on the roots at the top of this climb. That's not wonderful. Not sure what I can do about it, technique-wise.

This tire is a big improvement everywhere else, but I don't really want to give up clearing this technical feature just due to the tire.
    I seem to remember this being a issue with my 2.3 but I didn't run it very often on wet stuff.

I'm with stupid
    I got mine today. Will be installing it tomorrow and testing this weekend. For anyone wondering just like all the other WT models the knobs are larger on this tire compared to the 2.3 I feel it will really help this tire out to keep up with the DHF on the front much better than the 2.3.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Had anyone fitted the 2.5 Aggressor on SB5C v1? Wanted to know if the frame has enough clearance

I'm with stupid
    All mounted up and ready to go and test tomorrow. The 2.3 is a whole different animal compared to the 2.3 from looks alone. The knobs are DHF sized and casing is too. I have a feeling this is going to be the holy grail rear tire for many.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    It's my holy grail! Love it. Rode with my usual guy and he kept commenting on how fast I'm riding.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    I have been looking at the Aggressor and Griffin closely for a rear tire. I recently mounted a DHF 2.5 WT on the front and am completely blown away with how well it's working. I ride primarily loose, loose over hard, rocky.

For the rear, I'm wondering if there really is a benefit from going 2.5 WT instead of something like 2.3x. I have 30mm id rims. Obviously there is a weight benefit with the narrower tires, but does the wider rear really provide enough benefit (if any) to compensate? Thanks.

Digger
    Jul 2016
    Well, while my bike was at the shop getting a new frame, the 2.5WT aggressor grew 4mm in diameter, right on the hairy edge of being to big for my bike.
    Salsa Pony Rustler X01

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hitechredneck View Post
    All mounted up and ready to go and test tomorrow. The 2.3 is a whole different animal compared to the 2.3 from looks alone. The knobs are DHF sized and casing is too. I have a feeling this is going to be the holy grail rear tire for many.
    How much of a hit to rolling resistance was there going from the 2.3 to 2.5? I noticed there isn't a significant weight difference.

mtbr member
    Santa finally delivered my new 2.5. Lol. 991g on the scale. I'll probably mount her up tomorrow and post some pics.

I'm with stupid
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy3220 View Post
    How much of a hit to rolling resistance was there going from the 2.3 to 2.5? I noticed there isn't a significant weight difference.
    I do not know for sure. I had been running the 2018 butcher in the back for a while before throwing this tire on so I cannot remember. However with that said I do not feel it rolls too bad. Looking at it though the knobs are quite a bit bigger and farther spaced I imagine it would be a touch slower than the 2.3

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    This is my favorite rear tire of all. It does seem to roll like average, but traction and wear is phenomenal for me.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    2.5 is not available for 26 rims. Will this be an option for 2018?

I have high hopes for an amazing all around rear tyre on this : https://www.continental-tires.com/bi.../mountain-king

mtbr member
    24 hours mounted at almost 40psi. Its measuring 64mm at the knob, about 62 at the casing. The height of the casing is nearly exact to my 2.4WT DHR2 up front that has been on for 3 months.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Maxxis Aggressor 2.5" WT-img_2959.jpg  

Maxxis Aggressor 2.5" WT-img_2960.jpg  

Santa Cruz HTLT

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuch View Post
    24 hours mounted at almost 40psi. Its measuring 64mm at the knob, about 62 at the casing. The height of the casing is nearly exact to my 2.4WT DHR2 up front that has been on for 3 months.
    Chuch, what rim is this on?

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Still waiting for the 27.5 x 2.5. Seems like forever.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Sorry should have posted that. Stock e13 set on my HTLT. 30mm iw.

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Aggressor 27,5x2,5 WT available both in EXO and DD carcass:

https://www.commencal-store.es/maxxi...xo-c2x23148287

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Thx. Maybe its available over seas first and I'll need to wait till its available locally in the states. Shouldn't be long. Yay!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonlui View Post
    Thx. Maybe its available over seas first and I'll need to wait till its available locally in the states. Shouldn't be long. Yay!

27.5 x 2.5 DD is available now from universal cycles or maxxis direct

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Thx. Waiting for the dc exo to become available

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    27.5x2.5WT EXO/TR is now available on the Maxxis USA site too. Just ordered mine!

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Any thoughts on this as a front tire?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I'm with stupid
    the knobs are quite a bit bigger on the 2.5 vs the 2.3. Almost to the a whole different tire level. It will more then likely ride like a fast rolling Highroller 2 on the front. Its not a 3c so you would be giving up that compared to other front tires. But it wont kill you. Hell I watched Dave Camp run Minion SS front and rear at a Enduro Race at winterpark last year and this has more knobs.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I'm actually running the 2.3 f&r on my Riot right now and it really isn't that bad as long as you keep some weight on the front. Just curious why people would prefer something else up front if this tire truly has minion cornering knobs. It has plenty of braking power and rolls faster than the minions, at least in the smaller sizes.

Captain One Lung Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Porch View Post
    I'm actually running the 2.3 f&r on my Riot right now and it really isn't that bad as long as you keep some weight on the front. Just curious why people would prefer something else up front if this tire truly has minion cornering knobs. It has plenty of braking power and rolls faster than the minions, at least in the smaller sizes.

It doesn't share the Minion knobs. The 2 tires share a slight resemblance with regards to the side knobs but the L knobs are much more subtle on the Aggressor.

The 2.3 is so narrow I couldn't confidently run it as a front tire. The difference in rolling resistance (up front) isn't great enough for me to give up the proven reliable grip of the e13 or DHF. That said, I may ride much different terrain and/or have less skill so I need the added grip.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Yeah, in my opinion these sort of tires just don't work as front tires at all. But everybody's terrain and riding conditions are different.
    Maybe if I was a cross-country Rider an aggressor 2.3 in the front and a really smooth Tire in the rear would be a good combo? But I don't do that kind of riding.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast