Mavic Crossmax SX ??- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2007

Mavic Crossmax SX ??

Read a bunch of articles on this wheel set, and from what I've seen, these things seem to rock. Any body have any experience on them? Building up a new AM bike and need to get a wheel set for it. Any other ideas?

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I got them and love them. Perfect for AM riding and even light DH/FR. I have them on my 7inch bike and I swear these are almost as tough as the mavic 823 rims I had on previously. I do mostly shuttles and bike park laps. The sealed rim (good for tubeless) is a nice bonus too. The one thing I wish was that they were a smidge wider 23-25mm internal is what I'd like, and I guess a bit cheaper would be nice too (so make that two things). I personally don't care too much about the fact that they have proprietary spokes and hubs but that kind of stuff makes some people cringe.

Hri
    mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Is there any differencies between 2012 and 2013 Crossmax SX wheels?
    In pictures they look exactly the same and I could not find any info, other than that they renewed them for 2012.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Hey Guys,
    The 2013 is the same wheel as the 2012. I know the original question was asked over a month ago, but I wanted to give my thumbs up on this wheel, I've been a Mavic athlete for many years and it's my go-to wheel. I use the SX on my Giant Reign Enduro Bike, Trance X 5 inch bike, and on both my STP hard tails for both Trials and Dirt Jumping. They're extremely versatile, I haven't found a stronger wheel at that weight and the freewheel is dependable. Trials KILLs free hubs and I've had great luck. Hope my info helps.

Members who have read this thread: 0