Mavic Crossland vs Shimano M575- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Mavic Crossland vs Shimano M575

Hi All,

I'm in the market for some new wheels, I'm currently running Mavic X221 with a Deore disc hub at the rear and a Specialized stout at the front. At the moment I'm trying to decide between the Mavic Crossland (2004 model) and the Shimano M575. Does anyone have an insight to the pros and cons of these wheels? Ideally, I'd like something light, stiff and reasonably strong. Also, is it worth considering getting a set custom built wheels?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Hey there,

I can't tell you much about the Mavics but I have a pair of Shimano WH-M575 wheels that I am selling. They're a great set of wheels - extremely strong and ultra cool looking. Strong by any standards, not "strong considering they only have 16 spokes". They are also super smooth - faster wheels than the old XT/Sun sub4's they replaced.

Anyways the reason I'm selling them is because I sold my disc brakes, so I don't need disc-ready wheels, and since I am a very small person I am going to replace these wheels with some ultra-light wheels.

If you want more info, pics, etc. send me a personal message or email ([email protected])

COOL BUZZ & TASTY S-TRACK

the old wheels in good shape?

Are your old wheels in good shape? They are rim brake with disc hubs right? Might be interested in buying if you want to dump them off cheap. I'm just looking for a cheap spare wheelset.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by spacoli
    Are your old wheels in good shape? They are rim brake with disc hubs right? Might be interested in buying if you want to dump them off cheap. I'm just looking for a cheap spare wheelset.
    Yeah they're in great shape. They have disc hubs, and rim-brake rims. I am not "dumping them off" though, so to speak, seeing as they're in fantastic condition and they're not cheapo wheels.

I hope I don't get in trouble for advertising here, but my price is US 280.

I don't know if you can link to pictures here, so go here for some pics:

http://qlink.queensu.ca/~9ww1/Desktop.html

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Here are a couple small pics.....more pics and full size pics at the link above.

COOL BUZZ & TASTY S-TRACK

I was asking the other guy

I was asking the other guy about his old wheels
    Nice wheels by the way.
    Thanks
    I can fix it............... my dad has an awesome set of tools

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Hi,

Thanks for the info about the Shimano wheels, I'll probably purchase them from my LBS (If I decide to get them). As for my current wheel set, I'm planning to keep them for a cromo hard tail I'm slowly putting together.

Save the planet.. ride a bike!