Kenda Hellkat 29 ATC- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2017

Kenda Hellkat 29 ATC

Hi guys,

Really struggling on a intermediate front tyre for my Jeffsy 29.
    I'm considering a Hellkat 2.4 ATC. I ride All mountain, but hit enduro tracks and some DH runs on my travels, riding as hard and fast as I can. I've been running a Hillbilly Gripton Grid which I find a bad ass tyre for traction and weight, especially for off piste UK conditions.
    Now things are dry I would like something that gets a bit less worn by he dry conditions, fancy a change even though the hillbilly is far from struggling.

The Hellkat looks like a good all rounder. How do you find the all out grip on these tyres?

I'm running 25mm ID rims FYI.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I live in the SW USA, which is very dry/rocky/loose over hard. The tire has excellent grip here. Better than DHF/DHR2, faster rolling, more predictable. I've had the tire let loose a few times but it's always easy to recover. Wear is great.

I've heard for all-out grip you should look at the Assegai, but it is a slow roller. I'm not interested in slow rolling tires so I haven't tried one.

I'll probably switch to the Kenda Pinner when my current Hellkat 2.6/Hellkat 2.4 setup wears out, just because it's more designed for my environment. The current Kenda lineup is killing it, casings are miles better than Maxxis, and wear is better than Specialized and WTB.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    i had a kenda hellkat ATC 2.4 in the rear and got a side wall puncture on a trail i typically dont get punctures on with maxxis EXO casings.. So it is in the trash now lol

Besides that i thought grip was great. seems like its a good tire.. but was thin walled. probably need to try the AGC or whatever the thicker wall tire is called

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Might just have been bad luck, the sidewalls are noticeably thicker and stiffer than the recent Maxxis tires I've had, and between me and several buddies there were no problems at all last year.

Regardless I live in an area where sidewall tears happen on any brand. Throw a patch in it and keep riding!

mtbr member
    Nov 2017
    Really good info thanks. Yeh the 'T' in ATC stands for 'trail' casing, they also offer Enduro and DH casings so worth considering for the weight penalty. I'll be honest the weight is a factor - but I know I'm looking for that unicorn front tyre. Specialized 'Grid' is quite flexy to me but I've always got away with it up front, just a few more PSI. Exo out back.

Heard great things about the Assegai, but too heavy and slow for me. The Pinner looks great but here in the UK I think the window for that tyre to be optimum is quite small, and of course then it will rain again, so hence leaning towards the Hellkat to cover more bases.

Thanks ya'll

mtbr member
    Nov 2017
    Also thinking about a Wild Enduro but I can't get my head around those shoulder knobs! Any experience with that appreciated.. Obviously I can see it's heavier, but like for like in the 'enduro' casing...

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Phlipflop View Post
    Also thinking about a Wild Enduro but I can't get my head around those shoulder knobs! Any experience with that appreciated.. Obviously I can see it's heavier, but like for like in the 'enduro' casing...
    I haven't ridden the newest Michelin Wild Enduro, but I rode several of the last-gen Michelin tires. I had a set of the Wild Rock'r, Wild Grip'r, and the old Enduro Rear (a semi-slick).

The Michelin tires are incredibly grippy and a great deal for your money. They are heavy and slower rolling, though. The casing is about as bomb-proof as you can get, short of a DH tire. I never once saw a drip of sealant. I had a buddy who raced pro enduro for a while and those were his tires of choice...but he also had the legs to keep them moving on the flats.

The new ones seem to be faster rolling than the last gen but it's clear they didn't attempt to make them a fast rolling tire, and the reviews reflect that. If you need a tire of that caliber, I would run that before an Assegai.

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Porch View Post
    I live in the SW USA, which is very dry/rocky/loose over hard. The tire has excellent grip here. Better than DHF/DHR2, faster rolling, more predictable. I've had the tire let loose a few times but it's always easy to recover. Wear is great.

I've heard for all-out grip you should look at the Assegai, but it is a slow roller. I'm not interested in slow rolling tires so I haven't tried one.

I'll probably switch to the Kenda Pinner when my current Hellkat 2.6/Hellkat 2.4 setup wears out, just because it's more designed for my environment. The current Kenda lineup is killing it, casings are miles better than Maxxis, and wear is better than Specialized and WTB.
    I've tried the Pinner that should also be better on my actual dry trails ... i've wrote some thoughts here on the forum.

mtbr member
    Nov 2017
    This has been so helpful thanks.

The other tyre in the running was the Wild Enduro. Being as I'm on grid 2.3 casing at the moment (hillbilly - surprisingly great tire), there's not enough solid feedback to support going up a size (2.4) and actually losing weight without sacrificing some integrity somewhere (I may stand corrected on that but not prepared to gamble especially with having no work in the CV-19 fallout). Then when I look at the AEC casing, it has a higher quoted weight than the michelin. Being as the Michelin is well reported for it's solid traction I feel like my Venn diagram lands me with that tire on paper at least. I am really pushing my riding lately and intrigued to see if I have the legs to push around a front tire that is more designed for the trails I'm trying to find flow on.

Plus a new aggressor for the back, it's quite worn but there are spots of sealant all around the sidewalls, both sides after every ride, so think the exo casing has too many miles on it.

Out of interest I'll report back on the Michelin. As someone who loves to clear technical climbs as much as flowing single track and Enduro trails/the odd race, it could be helpful for other people in my position.

Thanks again folks

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    You might check out the Vittoria agarro as an alternative to the aggressor. I was never really impressed with the aggressor, it has a good tread pattern but a lousy casing.

mtbr member
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Porch View Post
    You might check out the Vittoria agarro as an alternative to the aggressor. I was never really impressed with the aggressor, it has a good tread pattern but a lousy casing.

I never really see the Vittoria kit around these parts/UK. Interesting. Looks like a potential for the future, I have been really happy with the aggressor. Rode it here in the UK when it's dryer and in NZ. It's fast but still has the meat to absorb some chatter, I've had enough rim strikes to know I can rely on that casing. I've never got on with Maxis out front however. Too much or too little casing wise.

mtbr member
    Nov 2017
    Just wanted to give some feedback on the Wild Enduro Gum X, for other 'middle ground' riders like me. Just been out for a two hour ride with a few mates. Very dry here in the uk, loose over loose!!

Weight - true to specified weight (29 x 2.4), blew up no probs with a track pump on my 25mm internal rims and a great profile. Not too round or square. When rolling you have two strong central contact points then a strurdy looking shoulder with less of a gap than most aggressive tyres but more than a Mary between the central and shoulder tread.

Running with less pressure about 20 PSI and stable as hell. I ran lower than usual (24) as it's a heavier casing than I'm used to so wanted to benefit from that and allow it to deform and give a footprint given its sturdier nature..

Climbing:
    Other than the slight added weight (over my Hillbilly Grid), there's no noticeable increase in drag, steers and goes up steep climbs like it's meant to be doing them, great.

Descending:
    Within a few turns I was leaning much harder over in berms, coasting through roots, and trusting it. It doesn't slow me down on my trail bike, like a big heavy DH tire, but exhibits lots of those characteristics. It's predictable as hell, and really well damped. It slid out once in some loose gravel mid turn but got it back in a flash.They seem to have struck a balance between feeling planted shooting off kickers while still communicating a lot of trail feedback and letting you get on with riding your bike.

Really happy I bought that tyre, I'm not comparing it to the Hellkat as I can't, but it seems to strike a balance between all round speed, braking and cornering grip and also getting on with the business of simple mountain biking fun. I can't wait to get out on more trails with it.

Cheers ya'll

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Glad you found something you like! Enjoy.

mtbr member
    Nov 2017
    Went out on my local trails tonight, after the first date vibes have settled. Did a standard loop.
    It is actually a lump to pedal around, I thought I was out of breath on the climbs yesterday! It's very slow, my legs are hurting, but when things point down it is absolutely incredible. Will ride some bigger trails on it, and it'll feel more at home there, but I feel unless it improves with a few miles, it might be a race/crazy trails tyre but still don't know what I'd replace with.

New rear tyre too so will see how they all feel after a few rides.

Absolutely incredible grip though. Like ear to ear grins and completely predictable. What a tyre!

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Lol, that's how I felt about it. There are a lot of people out there who "ride Enduro", e.g. ride the the ups for the downs, etc. But the Michelin tires are truly a race Enduro tire, a lightweight downhill tire that can be pedaled uphill. Fun as hell on the downs though.

I have found that I get better times on my local trails with tires that grip pretty well but roll really well. I may be 5% slower on the downs but I'm 10% faster on the rest. The HellKat is great for that.

mtbr member
    Nov 2017
    I completely agree. I guess I've been focused on getting my speed up on the down hills I'm looking for something that allows that/took the rest for granted.

Is that the ATC or AEC version? Seems the trail version has a less grippy compound going on? V light too.

There's the wild AM of course but that looks a bit skinny. I'm not sure dissecting mtbing up into all these sub categories has necessarily been that helpful for people like us!

Rocks belong
    Michelin makes a 29 x 2.5 Wild AM

Not super high volume, but looks like it would be a great rear tire
    I like 'em long, low, slack and playful

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I've only tried the ATC. The trail casing is a little tougher than Maxxis EXO in my opinion.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Double post...

mtbr member
    Nov 2017
    I had a really bad crash with a DHF WT up front. Second outing, I guess my 25mm rims made that 'death zone' a little too big. No idea, but I woke up in the woods with a very sore jaw and broken ribs! Hence my research on changing.

Seems it's back to the drawing board with the ATC Hellkat, the AEC will probably throw up the same characteristics as the michelin.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I've used DHR2 f/r for several years but found the EXO way too soft. Then rode Bonty SE casing tires for years but found the superb SE5 lack when it came to hardpack in the front.
    Kenda then came with their "new" tires and I threw on the Hellkat/Nevegal2 ATC combo and despite my 220lb'ish weight they perform super stabile. I can sometimes get a wee bit squirm on the ATC rear but checked up with Kenda to hear if I could get away with running a Nevegal2 EMC rear. Actually several of their enduro riders go that way due to the lack of a Nevegal2 AEC sidewall tire.
    The Hellkat is still ATC and it's grip and confidence inspiring behavior is mindblowing. BTW I ride in Scandinavia so the UK weather is quite similar to ours.
    When the bikeparks open again I will go with the burlier Hellkat AEC up front and mabey a Helldiver AEC or Pinner AGC rear.
    I took a set of ATC casing to Winterberg and they held up fine but wouldnt count on ATC in park style/DH riding in the future.
    Last edited by Thorjensen; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:50 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2017
    Thanks - We sure do get similar trail conditions, but you have some stunning vistas up there.

I was worried about the weight but it seems people are surprised at their stability and are really happy to lean hard on the ATC casing and it has the compound to give a really locked on feel. Within it's intended parameters of course. That's a really encouraging experience, and the SE5 is supposed to be great also. Thanks.

Rocks belong
    Quote Originally Posted by ungod View Post
    I've only tried the ATC. The trail casing is a little tougher than Maxxis EXO in my opinion.
    That sounds great for a daily use rear tire
    I like 'em long, low, slack and playful

mtbr member
    That's a really encouraging experience, and the SE5 is supposed to be great also. Thanks.
    Just an FYI... the guy who designed the XR4/SE5 for Bontrager was lured over to Kenda and is the same who designed the Hellkat which is essentially a burlier/enduro version of it. Hellkat ATC is the best rear trail tire I've ever used by a rather wide margin from dry hardpack to slimy mud. I'm shocked at how well it works... finally a set and forget tire that I can use in all seasons here in the Pacific NW.

Have FUN!

G MAN
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!

mtbr member
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Gman086 View Post
    Just an FYI... the guy who designed the XR4/SE5 for Bontrager was lured over to Kenda and is the same who designed the Hellkat which is essentially a burlier/enduro version of it. Hellkat ATC is the best rear trail tire I've ever used by a rather wide margin from dry hardpack to slimy mud. I'm shocked at how well it works... finally a set and forget tire that I can use in all seasons here in the Pacific NW.

Have FUN!

G MAN

Great info!!

I'm looking to get it on the front, I've never put EXO up front as I like a more supple casing so you folks saying its stiffer than EXO has me thinking about that... but I think I just need to give it a go and looks like a great front tread pattern to me. Can always run slightly lower pressure and find the balance.

I rode Kenda on a demo bike years ago, seems they've really upped their game in recent years. Over here in the uk, maxxis and schwalbe have been the dominant aggro/enduro tires, for ever.

mtbr member
    Nov 2017
    Annoyingly out of stock here in UK and in Europe. It's not listen on their site either. Anyone know if it's still in production or has in been superseded by the Pinner and Regolith?

No qualms in going for a pinner while it's dry but potential PITA for UK unpredictable weather..

mtbr member
    Nov 2017
    Listed to buy I mean, it's there in the products. Just got me wondering.. Damn it!

mtbr member
    Nov 2017
    Ok I found a 2.4 ATC Hellkat - thanks for always coming back with great info despite my pedantic probing..! Much appreciated.

Now the long wait for the postman...!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Let us know what you think!

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Just got the Pinner ATC and Nevegal2 EMC combo for my hardtail. Hellkat/Nevegal2 stays on the FS for local trails.

mtbr member
    Nov 2017
    I will let you know - looking forward to it.

That Pinner looks cool...

mtbr member
    I've had a full season on the Hellkat/Nevegal 2 ATC combo and nothing but positive things to say. The HK up front is just as grippy as the MM Soft addix but with the added benefit of much lower rolling resistance. Wears great so far, I think I can get 2 full seasons out of it. The ATC casing for me is a perfect balance of toughness while maintaining a nice damped feel to it. Definitely tougher/thicker than Exo or SS. The Nevegal 2 on the rear was a super fast roller, with decent (not great traction). The 2.5 DD Aggressor on my bigger bike out corners the Nevegal by a mile, but is way more sluggish too. It lasted about a season and I've since slapped on a Regolith SCT, which has a very similar tread pattern to the Nevegal 2. Very fast rolling, good traction so far, but the casing is definitely thinner/flimsier than the ATC, so I'm running a couple lbs more than the Nevegal. We'll see how it wears..

mtbr member
    Nov 2017
    More encouraging words. I find snakeskin too thin as well. The hellkat sounds like a great tyre to balance all aspects that make riding fun.

I read Gwin saying he was dubious of how the casing felt on his Kenda tires but they assured him they were good and he stood corrected.

I really love the aggressor, DD sounds epic, though at that level of rubber I might be tempted to go all out with more aggro tread assuming it's mainly pointing down when you're on the bike.

My new 29 X 2.3 EXO aggressor looked way smaller than my old one when I installed it, I thought it was another maxxis casing change but man has that tyre stretched after a couple of rides and some high PSI over night. I lost a lot of PSI first ride too, couldn't see any leaks, I reckon it was the stretch increasing volume.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Gigi View Post
    I've had a full season on the Hellkat/Nevegal 2 ATC combo and nothing but positive things to say. The HK up front is just as grippy as the MM Soft addix but with the added benefit of much lower rolling resistance. Wears great so far, I think I can get 2 full seasons out of it. The ATC casing for me is a perfect balance of toughness while maintaining a nice damped feel to it. Definitely tougher/thicker than Exo or SS. The Nevegal 2 on the rear was a super fast roller, with decent (not great traction). The 2.5 DD Aggressor on my bigger bike out corners the Nevegal by a mile, but is way more sluggish too. It lasted about a season and I've since slapped on a Regolith SCT, which has a very similar tread pattern to the Nevegal 2. Very fast rolling, good traction so far, but the casing is definitely thinner/flimsier than the ATC, so I'm running a couple lbs more than the Nevegal. We'll see how it wears..
    I wanted to try the Regolith ATC on the rear, but was scared away by the low weight (835g-ish). Someone in this thread or elsewhere pointed out that the e-bike casing might make a good substitute.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I wanted to try the Regolith ATC on the rear, but was scared away by the low weight (835g-ish). Someone in this thread or elsewhere pointed out that the e-bike casing might make a good substitute.
    Yeah, that was me. The EMC casing is pretty close to the AEC casing and some of the PRO riders uses the EMC casing rear from what Kenda has told me.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    BTW the Kenda Pinner ATC 2.4 29" is weighed at 1000g. Claimed weight 997g +/- 50g.

mtbr member
    Nov 2017
    When you go up to and AEC or or EMC casing, do you also go into the slower compound set up too?

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    -double post-

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorjensen View Post
    BTW the Kenda Pinner ATC 2.4 29" is weighed at 1000g. Claimed weight 997g +/- 50g.
    On what rim width have you mounted the pinner?
    Have you read my other post about pinner? I'm very happy about the Pinner ATC, but not about volume... Definitly not in line with the other kenda lineup...
    (hellkat ATC 2.4, hellkat aec 2,4, booster SCT 2.4, nevegal2 ATC 2.4) all of them are perfectly 60/61mm wide...
    My actual pinner 29x2.40 ATC comes at 1050gr. Mounted on 29mm internal width rims, and now, after 4 rides and some nights stretching near max. pressure, sitting now the tire at riding pressure casing is approx 58mm, approx 58mm also the widest side knobs... the alternated smallest side knobs are 56mm maximum wide..
    Also the atc casing of the pinner is absolutely not the same atc casing as my other's atc kendas... it's more rigid...I'm thinking maybe i have a defective tire... how about your pinner?

Sorry for the offtopic about hellkat.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    When you go up to and AEC or or EMC casing, do you also go into the slower compound set up too?
    ATC and EMC both use the EN-DTC compound.
    AEC uses RSR Dual Layer.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by zambo78 View Post
    On what rim width have you mounted the pinner?
    Have you read my other post about pinner? I'm very happy about the Pinner ATC, but not about volume... Definitly not in line with the other kenda lineup...
    (hellkat ATC 2.4, hellkat aec 2,4, booster SCT 2.4, nevegal2 ATC 2.4) all of them are perfectly 60/61mm wide...
    My actual pinner 29x2.40 ATC comes at 1050gr. Mounted on 29mm internal width rims, and now, after 4 rides and some nights stretching near max. pressure, sitting now the tire at riding pressure casing is approx 58mm, approx 58mm also the widest side knobs... the alternated smallest side knobs are 56mm maximum wide..
    Also the atc casing of the pinner is absolutely not the same atc casing as my other's atc kendas... it's more rigid...I'm thinking maybe i have a defective tire... how about your pinner?

Sorry for the offtopic about hellkat.
    I'm gonna mount the 29" Pinner/Nevegal2 EMC combo today on a set of WTB Asym i29 rims, so it should be pretty comparable to your setup. I stopped worring about measured volume and concentrate mirebon feel and performance of the tire. That's whats important to me.
    But i'll post the measured width here when they are mounted.

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    I agree... infact i like how the pinner handle in my same trails where i ride dozen of times with the hellkat...
    But, i will prefer that the pinner will be with the same casing, weight and width as the other ATC's 2.4 Kenda line up.
    Maybe a little more volume(maybe 61mm casing) will change nothing when turning but give a little more confort/cushion?

(Forgot to say, also my Helldiver 2.4 atc is almost true to size and wider than the pinner)

mtbr member
    Nov 2017
    That's hella frustrating you'd think they would use identical casings. It's a brand new tire maybe they have teething problems? Worth an email?

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    I have a brand new Regolith if anyone wants to give it a try.

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    EMC Regolith sounds perfect but I'm only seeing 2.6 on their website, no 2.4's

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Gman086 View Post

Have FUN!

G MAN
    I just took the Hellkat ATC 2.4 off the back of my bike. Just like on the front it corners like it's on rails, but I found the climbing traction a little on the low end and the rolling resistance was higher than I like (I'm running an Agarro right now and it's my goldilocks tire, if that tells you anything). Braking was also not superb. I'm on loose-over-hard most times though, so I think it's pretty different than the PNW.

Definitely not a bad rear tire though.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Here's my 29" 2.4 Hellkat ATC, Pinner ATC, Nevegal2 ATC and Nevegal2 EMC mesurements on the same WTB Asym i29 rim at same psi 30psi.

2.4 Hellkat ATC 61.4mm/2.42"
    2.4 Pinner ATC 61.0mm/2.40" (new tire)
    2.4 Nevegal2 ATC 60.8mm/2.39"
    2.4 Nevegal2 EMC 60.0mm/2.36" (new tire)

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    Here's my 29" 2.4 Hellkat ATC, Pinner ATC, Nevegal2 ATC and Nevegal2 EMC mesurements on the same WTB Asym i29 rim at same psi 30psi.

Hi, regarding the pinner, let me know when it's a while seated ant normal riding pressure his width...
    Do you also find the Pinner ATC casing way more rigid than the hellkat and Nevegal atc casing?

mtbr member

Nice, do you have a weight for the Nevegal Emc? I bet that will stretch to 2.4 after a couple rides.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Nice, do you have a weight for the Nevegal Emc? I bet that will stretch to 2.4 after a couple rides.
    Yup. It's 905g on my digital kitchen weight.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by zambo78 View Post
    Hi, regarding the pinner, let me know when it's a while seated ant normal riding pressure his width...
    Do you also find the Pinner ATC casing way more rigid than the hellkat and Nevegal atc casing?
    Didn't feel big enough difference vs Hellkat ATC that it made me stop up. If it is more rigid that would only be in my favor as i'm about 220lb.
    Regarding the width I belive that it will get a bit wider when it has been used for some miles. It will be hard for me to make a direct comparison later on, as i'm about to build up a new wheelset with a wider rim. Gonna run 30.5ID front and rear with the Pinner ATC/Nevegal2 EMC setup.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Curious any comparisons you have on how these tires perform (once you have time on them). I have been eyeing either a Hellkat/Nevegal (F/R) or Pinner/Nevegal setup. Coming from a Butcher/Eliminator in mostly dry, loose over hardpack terrain (Southern California).

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmonty View Post
    Curious any comparisons you have on how these tires perform (once you have time on them). I have been eyeing either a Hellkat/Nevegal (F/R) or Pinner/Nevegal setup. Coming from a Butcher/Eliminator in mostly dry, loose over hardpack terrain (Southern California).
    I'd say that I bet you wont find any of those combos a bad choice and you'd be fine just ordering them now.
    I'll set the Hellkat/Nevegal2 up like this:

Allround: Hellkat/Nevegal2
    Max grip: Hellkat/Hellkat

Choose the casing that suits how aggressive you ride and how rough the trails are.
    AEC casing will come with a softer compound = more grip, slower rolling, faster wear
    EMC casing same compound as ATC but more tough than ATC.

Yet to have any miles on my Pinner/Nevegal2 setup tho I know the Nevegal2 from my FS and that rear tire just work.

mtbr member
    Nov 2017
    Really Really Fantastic!

I have to say mainly I'm really blown away by the casing. To my mind it's the first company who have designed a casing that will keep up with where AM bikes are at. For twenty years I have looked at tyre's with the same compromises. The ATC Hellkat is light, yet I've been reducing the pressure to find my sweet spot, and have zero issues ploughing with 20psi, zero leaks or squirming, or rim strikes. Really fantastic.

Tread and profile I'm getting used to how it behaves. Running 25 IRD it's got loads of volume but fairly square, I feel like I have to bully it over on gentle turns? Again something I'll get used to. On blown out loose deep off piste the traction isn't quite like the hillbilly, but that's to be expected. I found myself charging hard down a DH track that was dry rocky and rooty and just found myself thinking ahead calmly and picking my lines. I know it was fast as I didn't have to pull up nearly as hard for a few doubles... Great over roots and breaking. Rolling is great especially considering the grip on offer. I have been really pushing everywhere, I feel like in the loose mud it doesn't shine as well as it does where there's some firmness underneath. It's what I wanted though, deals with the higher summer speeds without adding any downsides in terms of weight and actually feels more stable.

I'm looking forward to getting to know it better. The casing has really impressed my though.

Thanks for all you help!

Actually considering a Nevegal 2 for the back now as I like the volume, and the Hellkat is pushing my aggressor 2.3 exo on the bumpier stuff as the kenda 2.4 has the volume to soak up the trail a bit more. I hated the old nevegal and have always found the aggressor suits me. I'll see.

Anyway thanks again guys!! I'm the only person in the UK with a Hellkat too I think!! Lol

mtbr member
    Apr 2011

I've destroyed all my old PR's as I've gotten used to the HellKat. XC, DH, whatever, it's a big confidence booster.