Industry Nine Enduro 315c 24h- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Industry Nine Enduro 315c 24h

I just ordered a set of Industry Nine Enduro 315c in the 24h option. I weigh in at 190 and the limit is 220. I spoke to the rep and he said a lot of the guys run 24h and love them. He said with my weight i’d be fine.

Do any of you run the 24h? Thoughts on them?

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    They'll get to sell you more wheels this way. I'd not consider that for a rear. For sure.
    But the write-up and lifetime warranty say otherwise.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    24 hole for a rear seems crazy, especially for 190 pounds. But, with the warranty I guess might as well? Why did you want the 24 as opposed to the 28 or 32, which has a weight limit of 260 pounds.

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    I used to have a very old version of the 24 hole 29er trail wheelset on my old bike and it was surprisingly solid, I rarely had to true the wheels and the wheelset lasted years. That wheelset really was more of what would be considered an XC wheelset today but it held up for all-around trail riding with drops and stuff. I was a bit lighter than 190 pounds but I think you will be fine in terms of durability.

Of course the wheels were not as stiff as your typical 28/32h wheels, so steering/control is something to factor into things. I have no doubts that the wheelset will be awesome but nowadways I personally would probably go 28 spoke and take a few gram weight penalty for some stiffness.

mtbr member
    If you were worried about the rear wheel, you could change your order to have a 32 hole on that rear. We do that every once and a while

mtbr member
    May 2020
    But how does the 24h ride? Why would i9 make a 24h enduro when if it doesn’t ride well up to its weight limit? Saw the PB first look with Daniel Sapp riding the 24h trail 280 in Pisgah - they must be pretty tough, no? Has anyone actually ridden these?

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    They must be pretty tough or i9 wouldn't have a lifetime warranty...I think that's pretty much the consensus here.

I think the question is more why if you are worried about 24 holes and are close to the weight limit would you order it?

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    So I was on the fence about it and they happened to have a set already built and could get them shipped out asap. After talking to the rep about it I don't think there would be an issue with the strength or stiffness of the 24h. However I might end up getting the 32h instead. I think I will always be worried about it if I don't.

EAT MORE GRIME
    carbon, don't worry about it. those 24hole wheels are friggin strong. aluminum I'd worry about being at the limit. i have i9 enduro 24's on my AM rig and they are the last thing I think about and bash them into all sorts of crap.

the only weakness I have found is anything that nicks one of those i9 spokes...that spoke will snap at the nick eventually for sure...so don't crash into pointy rocks sideways or eat your chain off the big ring of cassette and you're fine.
    "Put your seatbelt back on or get out and sit in the middle of that circle of death." - Johnny Scoot

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by 127.0.0.1 View Post
    carbon, don't worry about it. those 24hole wheels are friggin strong. aluminum I'd worry about being at the limit. i have i9 enduro 24's on my AM rig and they are the last thing I think about and bash them into all sorts of crap.

the only weakness I have found is anything that nicks one of those i9 spokes...that spoke will snap at the nick eventually for sure...so don't crash into pointy rocks sideways or eat your chain off the big ring of cassette and you're fine.
    That's good to hear. How much do you weigh? Do you feel like they were still stiff enough in the corners where you don't feel them flexing? My current dt swiss m1700 flex quite a bit and it can be annoying sometimes.

mtbr member
    Get the 32h. Your rim choices are VERY limited with the 24h. Like TWO choices only. The trail 270 and 310c. No other manufacturers make a 24h rim. If you ever want to lace the hubs to another rim, you're SOL. I own the 24h and just went through this.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk