Hunt Enduro Wide 29er (Unboxing)- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    306

    Hunt Enduro Wide 29er (Unboxing)

    Just got these delivered from DHL (PS: I hate DHL)

    My initial reaction, will be mounting a set of rubber over the weekend


    1. Wheels look like a 1/2 decent set
    2. Rims are finished in a nice matte black finish
    3. Finger tension test on the spokes all appear to be equal
    4. Rear and front hub spin freely, rear hub is like a Hope pro 4 just a bit quieter
    5. Came with spare spokes, spoke wrench and tubeless valves
    6. Delivery from UK to Canada- 2 business days - $600 cdn (duty and taxes)








    Here are the specs from their site and bold why I went with these

    • Rims | 6069 T6 welded construction, 33mm wide (internal), work-hardened shot-peened finish
    • Spokes | 32F/36R Spoke Count, Triple Butted (2.2-1.6-2.0) PSR reinforced Pillar Spokes.
    • Weight | 2064g /29"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hunt Enduro Wide 29er (Unboxing)-p5pb17929792.jpg  

    Hunt Enduro Wide 29er (Unboxing)-p5pb17929787.jpg  

    Hunt Enduro Wide 29er (Unboxing)-p5pb17929793.jpg  


  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tweeder82o's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    385
    nice, keep us updated!

    I've been seriously considering hunts wheels

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    306
    Small update<br>
    <br>
    Mounted up a set of DHF 2.5WT and DHR 2.4WT, super easy to do by hand and with a regular floor pump. I put this more to Maxxis tires, but wanted to post an update and pics to show what they look like mounted up on 33mm id wheels




    DHF Side profile



    DHF Profile



    DHR Side profile
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hunt Enduro Wide 29er (Unboxing)-p5pb17948004.jpg  

    Hunt Enduro Wide 29er (Unboxing)-p5pb17948003.jpg  

    Hunt Enduro Wide 29er (Unboxing)-p5pb17948002.jpg  

    Hunt Enduro Wide 29er (Unboxing)-p5pb17947998.jpg  


  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tweeder82o's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    385
    nice, so how do you like the way they look mounted up?

  5. #5
    Wanna ride bikes?
    Reputation: *OneSpeed*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    8,161
    Quote Originally Posted by ehfour View Post

    1. Wheels look like a 1/2 decent set
    2. Rims are finished in a nice matte black finish
    3. Finger tension test on the spokes all appear to be equal
    4. Rear and front hub spin freely, rear hub is like a Hope pro 4 just a bit quieter



    • Weight | 2064g /29"
    You're setting the bar pretty low here. Looks like a wheel, smells like a wheel, must be a wheel.

    I hope they work out well for you. Pretty low price, usually means it won't hold up to chunky terrain or heavier riders. Report back when you get some time on them.
    SS 29er
    SS 29+
    Fat Lefty
    SS cyclocross
    Full Sus 29er (Yuck)

    Stop asking how much it weighs and just go ride it.

  6. #6
    fraid of heights
    Reputation: stiingya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,789
    Feel free to order some of your own and give us your full review...?

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    306
    Quote Originally Posted by *OneSpeed* View Post
    You're setting the bar pretty low here. Looks like a wheel, smells like a wheel, must be a wheel.

    I hope they work out well for you. Pretty low price, usually means it won't hold up to chunky terrain or heavier riders. Report back when you get some time on them.
    Right? I decided to take the plunge on them to see if they live up to the hype, I can run them as cheap winter wheels if they suck, Ill chalk it up to a semi expensive waste of time and $.

    At the very least It will save some other MTBRs the time energy and effort..In my head they cant be worse than the 28H E13's that came on my bike (Maybe/Maybe not)

    I do plan to put them through their paces to see how well they compare to the previous wheels that I have ridden:

    1) Spank Vibracore
    2) Stan MK3
    3) E13 28H and 32H
    4) NOBL TR38
    4) Hope DH

    Post first ride, happy to report that the wheels didn't fall apart

    Set the fronts at 20 psi and rears at 22 psi, short 8km loop. Rolls pretty well, engagement is not bad- Typical Novatec hub and the wheels feel stiff in a good way. Way to early to draw any conclusions on comparisons but good so far.



    @onespeed- feel free to fire over non anecdotal tests that you think I can do with these, outside of bend resistance
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hunt Enduro Wide 29er (Unboxing)-p5pb17951772.jpg  


  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tweeder82o's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    385
    Quote Originally Posted by ehfour View Post
    Right? I decided to take the plunge on them to see if they live up to the hype, I can run them as cheap winter wheels if they suck, Ill chalk it up to a semi expensive waste of time and $.

    At the very least It will save some other MTBRs the time energy and effort..In my head they cant be worse than the 28H E13's that came on my bike (Maybe/Maybe not)

    I do plan to put them through their paces to see how well they compare to the previous wheels that I have ridden:

    1) Spank Vibracore
    2) Stan MK3
    3) E13 28H and 32H
    4) NOBL TR38
    4) Hope DH

    Post first ride, happy to report that the wheels didn't fall apart

    Set the fronts at 20 psi and rears at 22 psi, short 8km loop. Rolls pretty well, engagement is not bad- Typical Novatec hub and the wheels feel stiff in a good way. Way to early to draw any conclusions on comparisons but good so far.



    @onespeed- feel free to fire over non anecdotal tests that you think I can do with these, outside of bend resistance
    thanks for doing the research!

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by ehfour View Post
    Right? I decided to take the plunge on them to see if they live up to the hype, I can run them as cheap winter wheels if they suck, Ill chalk it up to a semi expensive waste of time and $.

    At the very least It will save some other MTBRs the time energy and effort..In my head they cant be worse than the 28H E13's that came on my bike (Maybe/Maybe not)

    I do plan to put them through their paces to see how well they compare to the previous wheels that I have ridden:

    1) Spank Vibracore
    2) Stan MK3
    3) E13 28H and 32H
    4) NOBL TR38
    4) Hope DH

    Post first ride, happy to report that the wheels didn't fall apart

    Set the fronts at 20 psi and rears at 22 psi, short 8km loop. Rolls pretty well, engagement is not bad- Typical Novatec hub and the wheels feel stiff in a good way. Way to early to draw any conclusions on comparisons but good so far.



    @onespeed- feel free to fire over non anecdotal tests that you think I can do with these, outside of bend resistance
    Hi EHfour,

    Any updates on the wheelsets?

    Thanks!

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    306
    Still on them and still have the same thoughts about them...Good set of wheels with good quality

    So far happy to report no dents, no issues with freehub, even spoke tension etc...

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    19
    Thank you for your reply!!

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,201
    How do you like them a few months in?

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    1,015
    Yes i would love to know more as well.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    306
    Still love them, put another 500+kms on them

    Still holding strong, even with a few hard square edge hits and rock dings

    Rear hub is getting louder, likely time to tear them down and have a look

    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hunt Enduro Wide 29er (Unboxing)-p5pb18734312.jpg  


  15. #15
    Ride 'Til Your Knees Hurt
    Reputation: cycljunkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,064
    Engagement-wise, would you rate them better or worse than a Hope Pro 4? My current wheels are DT Swiss 370 hubs laced to RaceFace ARC 30 rims. Previous hubs were i9ís so I pretty much hate the 370ís.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    306
    Quote Originally Posted by cycljunkie View Post
    Engagement-wise, would you rate them better or worse than a Hope Pro 4? My current wheels are DT Swiss 370 hubs laced to RaceFace ARC 30 rims. Previous hubs were i9ís so I pretty much hate the 370ís.

    Pretty much similar to Hope Pro 4

    As the miles have racked upped, the hubs have gotten substantially louder

    Overall spoke tension is good, had to nip up a couple but nothing out the ordinary

    Still no dents/dings

    Valve cores got clogged with sealant, but was easily remedied with a zip tie

    Still happy with them and luv the rear wheel stiffness

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,201
    Really thinking about getting these as the price is tempting. Does the ride lean supple or stiff? Does it handle light or heavy? What were other rims/wheelsets were you looking at?

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    306
    Quote Originally Posted by Funoutside View Post
    Really thinking about getting these as the price is tempting. Does the ride lean supple or stiff? Does it handle light or heavy? What were other rims/wheelsets were you looking at?
    Sorry I missed this,

    Id say its more to the supple side in the front and stiff in the rear

    Can really quantify light of heavy feel, more that the bike tracks better, if that makes sense..similar to my Nobls but not as precise

    I didnt show any other wheel than this, I got sick and tired of the E13 stock wheels bending and popping.

Similar Threads

  1. Hunt Race xc wide wheels
    By NRS_Comp1 in forum 29er Components
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-13-2020, 10:44 AM
  2. Hunt Trail Wide Wheels
    By SirLancelot54 in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-22-2019, 09:13 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-09-2019, 02:11 AM
  4. Unicorn Hunt: wide, 26&quot; rim-brake compatible rims?
    By FishMan473 in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-12-2019, 01:20 PM
  5. Unicorn Hunt: wide, 26" rim-brake compatible rims?
    By FishMan473 in forum 26er Bikes
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-09-2019, 08:01 AM

Members who have read this thread: 88

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.