Easton Haven 12x135 with 10x135 adapter or standard QR adapter?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Easton Haven 12x135 with 10x135 adapter or standard QR adapter?

I purchased some Easton Haven wheels online for a great price! I was told by the Easton Wheel tech that if I get the rear wheel with the 12x135/142 I would be getting their latest hub. The problem is, my 2012 Blur Carbon isn't setup for a through axle only standard QR. Easton offers a kit to adapt it to a standard QR, I am also looking at the Ringle adapter.

After looking at this closer, I don't think this is what I would want. The bolts are the size of a standard QR. Does somebody make a 12x135 to 10x135 sleeve? Then I could use a 10x135 QR

Is all this work worth it? is the rear carbon triangle stiff enough it isn't going to make any difference? Are there other options out there? I don't have the wheels in my hand yet, but it seems if I had a sleeve to reduce the 12mm to 10mm, I could just run the above QR. Now maybe when I get the wheels I will see it is harder than that???

Thanks

mtbr member
    Sorry, here is the Ringle axle
    135×12 Rear Conversion Axle | SUNRinglé
    The more I look at it, the less I like this option, you are dependent on the little allens.

Here is the American Classic
    10MM THRU AXLE QUICK RELEASE
    Seems pretty cool, just need to adapte 12x35 to 10x35 somehow

or just run a standard QR???

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    In for answer as I am interested as well.

PA Biker
    Oct 2012
    I am using the Sun Ringle 135x12 conversion axle on my Cobia without any issues. I have Sun Ringle Inferno 27 rims with Sun Ringle Demon hubs. The hex bolts on the axle really aren't a big deal, just make sure you carry the right size hex key with you on the trail in case you need to remove the rear tire.

PA Biker
    Oct 2012
    I forgot to mention the Sun Ringle site states the conversion axle can be used with a quick release. I personally have not tried using the conversion axle with the quick release.

mtbr member
    Scott,

With the Sun Ringle adapter, how big are the hex bolts? I would prefer them to be 10mm in diameter, but I think the axle goes into the dropout and then the bolt is probably closer to 5mm. I question if this actually increases rigidity, or if it just adapts a 12x135 hub to your frame. Does that make sense?

PA Biker
    Oct 2012
    The conversion axle just adapts the 12x135 hub to your frame

mtbr member
    Just thinking out loud here. Set the hub up for 12x135, slip a piece of tubing inside the hub, 12mm OD x 10mm ID, then use the American Classic 10mm QR. I found carbon fiber and SS in these dimensions, I imagine if I look hard enough I might be able to find aluminum.

Members who have read this thread: 0