DT Swiss freehub body (ratchet version) differences- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Giant Reign Advanced 1
    Reputation: ka81ua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    565

    New question here. DT Swiss freehub body (ratchet version) differences

    Could someone please explain the difference between XD freehub bodies:

    1) DT Swiss Ratchet SystemŽ XD Driver for SRAM XX1/X01 HWYAAX00S3188S https://www.bike-components.de/en/DT...42-mm-o205808/

    2) DT Swiss Conversion Kit for Ratchet Hubs to SRAM XDR 11-/12-speed Road HWYAAX00S8888S https://www.bike-components.de/en/DT...d-Road-p70585/ - here the word ROAD makes me wondering ..

    3) DT Swiss Steel Freehub Body for Hybrid Ratchet System HWYAAX00S5036S https://www.bike-components.de/en/DT...System-p66185/ (as far as I know hybrid 350 is different from classic one only in material of shimano freehub body - steel vs aluminium, sizes are the same, weight is little bit different cause hybrid supposed to be more meaty)

    ?




    my hub is classic 6-bolt 350 12x142
    OK

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,999
    1 and 2: XDR is the road version of the XD driver.

    3: Its steel vs aluminum of the above two.

  3. #3
    Giant Reign Advanced 1
    Reputation: ka81ua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    565
    What is correct XD freehub body for my classic mtb dt swiss 350 12x142 6-bolt ?

    According to https://www.dtswiss.com/en/support/c...s-mtb-sram-xd/ it's HWYAAX00S3188S
    OK

  4. #4
    Giant Reign Advanced 1
    Reputation: ka81ua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    565
    Quote Originally Posted by the-one1 View Post
    1 and 2: XDR is the road version of the XD driver.

    3: Its steel vs aluminum of the above two.
    Why #1 is a Road bersion? At least in description it says MTB.
    OK

  5. #5
    since 4/10/2009
    Reputation: Harold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    27,103
    Quote Originally Posted by ka81ua View Post
    Why #1 is a Road bersion? At least in description it says MTB.
    https://www.sram.com/en/service/arti...body-explained

  6. #6
    Giant Reign Advanced 1
    Reputation: ka81ua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    565
    Once again, #1 is not XDR, right?..
    OK

  7. #7
    since 4/10/2009
    Reputation: Harold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    27,103
    Quote Originally Posted by ka81ua View Post
    Once again, #1 is not XDR, right?..
    you're the one who posted it. you're the one who posted that 2 is XDR.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,179
    Quote Originally Posted by ka81ua View Post
    Could someone please explain the difference between XD freehub bodies:

    1) DT Swiss Ratchet SystemŽ XD Driver for SRAM XX1/X01 HWYAAX00S3188S https://www.bike-components.de/en/DT...42-mm-o205808/

    2) DT Swiss Conversion Kit for Ratchet Hubs to SRAM XDR 11-/12-speed Road HWYAAX00S8888S https://www.bike-components.de/en/DT...d-Road-p70585/ - here the word ROAD makes me wondering ..

    3) DT Swiss Steel Freehub Body for Hybrid Ratchet System HWYAAX00S5036S https://www.bike-components.de/en/DT...System-p66185/ (as far as I know hybrid 350 is different from classic one only in material of shimano freehub body - steel vs aluminium, sizes are the same, weight is little bit different cause hybrid supposed to be more meaty)

    ?




    my hub is classic 6-bolt 350 12x142

    12 x 142 / 12 x 148 / 12 x 197 mm: HWYAAX00S3188S

  9. #9
    Giant Reign Advanced 1
    Reputation: ka81ua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    565
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    12 x 142 / 12 x 148 / 12 x 197 mm: HWYAAX00S3188S
    ??...
    OK

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,179
    Quote Originally Posted by ka81ua View Post
    ??...
    thats the freehub you need
    unless your hub states "350s HYbrid"in the branding the std classic 350s ISO 6 bolt disc hub.

    "DT Swiss Hybrid hubs feature an oversized hubshell with increased wall thickness, high load axles, and oversized spoke interfaces. Torque carrying capacity and durability have been enhanced via hardened steel 24T ratchets, oversize bearings, and a steel frehub. The 350 Hybrid can withstand 25% greater torque loads, and offers 33% quicker engagement, than standard DT MTB hubs. "

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Boosted GP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    58
    XDR can be used on an mtb with a 1.8mm spacer behind the cassette.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,999
    XDR is road. XD is mtb. #3 is steel.

Similar Threads

  1. DT Swiss 54T Star Ratchet Upgrade worth it? Version from China?
    By Bogey in PA in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 2 Weeks Ago, 08:19 AM
  2. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 2 Weeks Ago, 01:38 PM
  3. DT Swiss Steel Freehub Body?
    By GraemeTee in forum Singlespeed
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-10-2017, 12:45 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-08-2013, 12:41 AM
  5. DT Swiss 350 / 340 freehub body question.
    By Luke_2010 in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-04-2011, 02:36 PM

Members who have read this thread: 64

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.