Do Bontrager King hubs carry a warranty?- Mtbr.com

Dec 2003

New question here. Do Bontrager King hubs carry a warranty?

I'm considering buying some King hubs that came off of some Bontrager Race Lite wheels. I was just wondering if they carry a warranty from either King or Bontrager. I'm thinking that they don't carry a King warranty, but wasn't sure about a Bontrager. Thanks

JmZ
    Reformed Lurker

Used?

Quote Originally Posted by DudeOnABike
    I'm considering buying some King hubs that came off of some Bontrager Race Lite wheels. I was just wondering if they carry a warranty from either King or Bontrager. I'm thinking that they don't carry a King warranty, but wasn't sure about a Bontrager. Thanks
    Used parts? If so no warranty from either. King may be kind enough to treat you nicely, but I wouldn't bet on it from Bonti quite as much.

If new - they should have the warranty if they were ever sold as parts alone. I only remember 'em being sold as wheels and therefore a warranty might only apply to the built wheels.

If the price is right, might be worth to get 'em for the internals alone and then call up King and see if you can get new shells. Might be a good way to get a set of 'Real' King's cheap.

JmZ
    JmZ

From one flat land to another.

Advocate as if your ride depends on it...

Do It Yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by DudeOnABike
    Those are 2001 hubs and only carried a one year Trek warranty. It's long gone I'm sure. Properly maintained, you won't have any trouble though. My rear King is 5 years old and still going strong despite questionable maintenance practices. If you do have any problems, I'm sure King will take care of you fairly. The only downside I see to the Bonty/Kings is the low spoke count, otherwise, it's all good.

The Top Cap Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Homebrew
    Those are 2001 hubs and only carried a one year Trek warranty. It's long gone I'm sure. Properly maintained, you won't have any trouble though. My rear King is 5 years old and still going strong despite questionable maintenance practices. If you do have any problems, I'm sure King will take care of you fairly. The only downside I see to the Bonty/Kings is the low spoke count, otherwise, it's all good.
    Funny this came up - I just saw these on Ebay last night and wondered - why would we need just the shells??? They never fail.... but I guess if you wanted to switch spoke counts - that would do it!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=36143

I'm not the seller - or associated with them in anyway... just noticed in my searching....

FF
    "If I'm leading, I'm bleeding."

Do It Yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Freddy
    Funny this came up - I just saw these on Ebay last night and wondered - why would we need just the shells??? They never fail.... but I guess if you wanted to switch spoke counts - that would do it!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=36143

I'm not the seller - or associated with them in anyway... just noticed in my searching....

FF
    I saw that too. The bidders either got some ugly color (e.g. turquoise) or wanted the 32 spoke hole. Typical eBay, the bid seems a bit high considering the hubshells are less than $50 each brand new direct from King. I'm not sure why you would need an extra axel.

That reminds me, I have an extra 32 hole King Classic rear hub shell from when I switched to ISO. Maybe I should put that up on eBay so some decerebreated turnip can pay me over retail for it. HA!