mtbr member
    Dec 2014

Desparately seeking Boost hubs 24 holes - virtually impossible to find

I have a fairly new Enve M525 wheelset laced with DT Swiss 240 Standard hubs (not boost). .

I really like These wheels but my new bike has boost spacing.

So I am looking to just replace my standard hubs with boost hubs preferably DT Swiss as well.

However, it has been impossible to find boost hubs, centerlock with 24 holes.

I would appreciate any leads.

Ebike Evangelist!!
    Sep 2005
    adapter kit w/ shimz. Save money ride your current wheels.
    https://www.amazon.com/Boostinator-A.../dp/B01AR8TTNI

Unfortunately, it seems the centerlock cannot be shimmed out 6mm for the rear wheel, so a partial solution.

Industry nine trail 270 hubs are 24h, but six bolt not centerlock. I would try to find 6 bolt variants of the hubs you have now and relace and use shimz. Maybe you can sell your current hubs to offset the cost.

Good luck.

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    I considered those Adapter kits but its not that simple. All my Rotors are centerlocks so I don't really want to invest in new Rotors. Moreover, the wheels have to be redished after installing those Adapters.

So I am still looking.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    dt makes a 240 boost cl hub for enve's complete wheel builds....they were supposedly going to start offering them aftermarket. contact enve they might re lace yours up with hubs they have.

since 4/10/2009
    You bought wheels with ENVE rims and you're complaining about having to buy a couple 6 bolt rotors?

And not willing to redish existing wheels?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by paxfobiscum View Post
    I considered those Adapter kits but its not that simple. All my Rotors are centerlocks so I don't really want to invest in new Rotors. Moreover, the wheels have to be redished after installing those Adapters.

So I am still looking.
    Redishing is not needed with all adapters. That depends on how much length they added to the left end cap vs the right.

Also, some adapters that require redishing actually eliminate the need for shimming the brake rotor altogether

MRP has produced offset brake mount adapters that eliminate the need shim the rotor and therefore can work with centerlock wheels. I haven't seen them for sale separately but I would contact them for more info

Also, some adapters that require redishing actually eliminate the need for shimming the brake rotor altogether.

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold View Post
    You bought wheels with ENVE rims and you're complaining about having to buy a couple 6 bolt rotors?

And not willing to redish existing wheels?
    Yes on some Points, except the complaining part. I am not complaining about anything.

I bought the wheels really cheap used but I did not know they were standard (non boost) DT swiss hubs. But I plan to use these hubs to build a wheelset for my road bike anyway.

I assumed that it was easy to find a replacement DT Swiss Boost 24 hole. Unfortunately, I could only find 28 or 32 hole DT Swiss boost hubs and that 24 hole is quite rare - even with 6-bolt Rotors.

Been using DT swiss hubs for a decade and intend to stick with them. Heard good things about I9s but I frankly prefer DT swiss for a lot of reasons.

I found a good source this morning. FYI.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Call DT and or Enve tell them you have enve 525 rims and you NEED not want NEED hubs.

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    I contacted Dt Swiss (Europe) and within an hour thwri US rep emailed me. No dice. Those hubs are not sold retail and only come with built Enve wheels. So I emailed Enve. Lets see what they say.

This place needs an enema
    Onyx would probably be happy to drill some 24h shells for you.

mtbpete
    I agree, Onyx would be a good place to check.