Decided on some Hope Hoops with Flows. Need some advice.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Decided on some Hope Hoops with Flows. Need some advice.

Are the Hope Straight Pull versions going to make the wheel a bit stiffer and worth the slight price increase? I am about 205 w/o gear and these will be mounted on a GT Sanction. I will be doing some Super D racing this year and like the wheels to be as stiff and strong as possible while staying light.

Also, would I be able to run Conti Trail Kings 2.4 non-UST (they have Apex protection though) tubeless with this setup with Stans goo or do I need the UST versions? These tires have a ton of life left in them and would hate to waste them...

Thanks guys!

Look at the time!
    I have a set of both - the regular Pro2s have J-spokes front and rear, and the Pro2 Evo has straight-pull spokes in the front and J-spokes in the rear.

I don't notice any difference in stiffness. The main difference is the rear hub: the Pro2 Evo rear hub is easier to convert between different axle standards. On the Pro2, you have to change the whole axle. On the Pro2 Evo you just change the end-caps.

Other than that, they are identical. I wouldn't pay any extra for the Evo.

You should be able to run your Trial kings with Stans, although it is generally recommended to use fresh tires when first setting it up. No need for the UST though.
    wanted: Cannondale Lefty w/ V-brake studs

mtbr member
    Awesome. Thanks for the response. Will I need to buy new brake discs with the new hubs?

Members who have read this thread: 0