Cushcore Kit Review - Page 3- Mtbr.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    mtbr member
    Mar 2019
    Iím in the same boat as you. I havenít noticed an earth shattering difference. Not sure the rotational weight penalty is worth it. I want to love it. Iím running 25psi in the rear and 22 in the front.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I installed the CC more for flat prevention/rim protection over performance. Definitely adds more rolling resistance but allows to be ran at much lower pressure without feeling the tire roll in corners. I don't really feel the claimed dampening they are supposed to provide besides the stiffness in corners. No flats or dings on rims yet (knock on la madera). I'll keep on running them.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by abstrakt51 View Post
    I installed the CC more for flat prevention/rim protection over performance. Definitely adds more rolling resistance but allows to be ran at much lower pressure without feeling the tire roll in corners. I don't really feel the claimed dampening they are supposed to provide besides the stiffness in corners. No flats or dings on rims yet (knock on la madera). I'll keep on running them.
    Same here. Rim protection and cornering precision are what I appreciate about CC.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Muttonchops View Post
    Has anyone else gone through the same thought process...and maybe removed the CC only to THEN realize what a difference they made - or conversely found that the bike pedals much better (or not)?
    Guess I've sort of gone through the same thing.
    CC feels awesome in some terrain, less noticeable in others.
    It does make the bike feel more sluggish most of the time which led me to taking them out for a while.

Recently I've been trying the Nukeproof ARD inserts.
    I do not feel any added drag or weight with them and climbing rough terrain feels better at the pressures I can run them at.
    I've found I need to run them 1 or 2 psi higher than cushcore. It seems to have a lot of the same benefits as CC but less pronounced.

But in the short time I've had them installed I did kill a rim so there's that but I should have had a little more air in the tire for where I was riding.
    Like cushcore, you can ride conservatively with zero pressure in your tires to get back to your car, which is awesome.

I might play around some more and try cushcore in the front and the ARD in the rear and see how it goes.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123