mtbr member
    Oct 2009

Chinese parts lead time?

Just curious what people are experiencing lately with time between order and receiving Chinese rims and other components lately?

I'm sitting at 5 weeks for some LB fat rims and they’ve been "finished sitting in the depot" in China somewhere for over a week. Not complaining, just wondering if that's the norm?

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Usually 4 weeks was my experience the last 3 times

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

EAT MORE GRIME
    2 weeks with no delays

4 weeks to 6 weeks can be considered 'norm' when customs is reviewing both ends of the shipment

so, wait it out is all you can do. past 6 weeks though ....unusual
    "Put your seatbelt back on or get out and sit in the middle of that circle of death." - Johnny Scoot

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    My only experience has been with Light Bicycle, but nothing within the past year. Are any of the other manufacturers faster than others?

mtbr member
    Minimum 4 weeks. I've had some stuff take 8. Bought all of it from ebay. Which.. Heh. Is ebay even going to exist in another few years?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    I've ordered four sets of rims and it took about two weeks from paying for the order to receiving the items.

mtbr member
    Postage times are a lottery. I'm waiting for stuff from China just now, the fastest I've seen is a week, I have no idea how that it even possible, or you could order the same thing and it'll be four. I'm in the UK though so I assume it's different but there are too many variables to be able to put any kind of meaningful number on it.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Well, the rims arrived at the 6 week mark. Not horrible, but not amazing service either.

Turns out they recommend bladed spokes which are $6 each so it's not going to be a cheap build by any means, but I'm looking forward to the end product. I'm hoping to shave a pound off the wheel set over the Mulefuts. Both hoops were just over 500 grams each.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SJDude View Post
    Turns out they recommend bladed spokes...
    They can recommend what they like but it doesn't mean you have to use them. Apart from the flat bit, a bladed spoke is exactly the same as a normal spoke.

mtbr member
    my recent order i waited about 3 weeks from sending paypal to wheelset arriving at my door. ordered from EIE carbon. i have done several orders from different Chinese brands, shipping times were anything between 7-10 days.

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    I ordered a wheelset from eie carbon 3 weeks ago and they still haven't shipped. It took almost 2 months for a cheap Chinese saddle. So i guess it's just luck of the draw and apparently I'm not a lucky one.

mtbr member
    Worst case scenario...

1. Light Bicycle processes your order after your payment clears and places the rim order with their factory in Xiamen (Yishun?).

2. The factory doesn't have it in stock in Light Bicycle's little corner so it goes to the production line.

3. The factory has a production backlog of 3 weeks (entirely usual).

4. These weeks involve that November holiday week (Golden Week holiday in November) so make that a 4 week waitlist.

5. Clears production, gets packaged and shipped to light bicycle, received by light bicycle.

6. Sanding, painting, drilling, building at Light Bicycle HQ.

7. Shipping ticket opened, packaging, truck comes by to pick up the next day, shipped to distribution center.

8. Chinese distribution centers are incredibly slow, at least 2-3 days wait to airline acceptance is normal.

9. Typically 4-10 days after leaving Xiamen distribution center by EMS International Express.

Beware of ordering in January or February. It seems like Chinese people don't work 3/4 of February.