BWW has done it again! 29r set- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

BWW has done it again! 29r set

Just completed my first ever custom build on Niner EMD frame so once again I was in need of a wheel set. Having purchased 3 sets from BWW and having nothing but praise for them I figured I'd give Pat a call and see what the had to offer in a 29r. Well it turned out they just received a brand new house brand rim that was a bit wider and lighter than the current rim. So I decided to give them a shot! Well the wheels arrived a couple days ago and as always they are beautiful! Had them matched to their house brand Pure XCR hubs which I have on all my wheel sets from them and have been fantastic. Hope to get my first ride in this morning (32 degrees). This build with the 15mm front hubs came in right at 1800gms. So yes not a fly weight set but should be a good solid dependable set of wheels.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BWW has done it again! 29r set-4-medium-.jpg  

BWW has done it again! 29r set-niner-complete-016-medium-.jpg  

BWW has done it again! 29r set-niner-wheels-002-medium-.jpg  

BWW has done it again! 29r set-niner-wheels-003-medium-.jpg  

BWW has done it again! 29r set-niner-wheels-004-medium-.jpg  

mtbr member
    Looks nice. The photos on the BWW website show the rim to have a "UST-like" inner geometry, but no specs are given. Weight, inner width, UST compatible?

BTW, it looks like your front brake caliper might be spaced a little too far out for your front rotor.
    Tire Design & Development Engineer. The opinions expressed in this forum are solely my own.

mtbr member
    I have the specs written down at my office so I'll post them later. I did install a Stans kit and it was a breeze! I have a set of 26" XCR rims on my sons bike and we installed a Stans kit on them and they have been great.

Caliper up front is fine just the angle of the pic

meow meow
    are the hubs convertable or no?

mtbr member
    Yep they are convertable. They include all the adapters from 9mm-15mm-20mm plus a longer set of 15mm.

meow meow
    nice, how about the rear?

mtbr member
    Rear is not just the standard

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tailwaters View Post
    Caliper up front is fine just the angle of the pic
    It's not the angle of the pic, its that wear on the rotor doesn't cover the whole braking track. That sort of wear is what it looks like when you use an Avid 185mm adapter with a 180mm rotor.

mtbr member
    I double check the adapter. I'm waiting on a 180 to arrive and I took this one off my other bike, I thight it was a 180 but maybe it is a 185??
    Last edited by tailwaters; 12-18-2011 at 06:07 AM.

mtbr member
    Well I did check and it is a 180. I changed out the rotors in the pic already to something a bit more vented and it covers completely. I believe its just the design on those rotor's??

mtbr member
    Nice looking wheelset. I have a Jet 9 coming and was considering the same build. Post up a reivew after a few rides, i'd be interested in hearing what you have to say.

mtbr member
    how do you like the wheelset?

mtbr member
    So far so good! I'm located in lower Michigan so riding time is very limited pending the weather. I've managed 5 rides on the wheels thus far with the hopes of another ride this weekend. Last ride was nine miles of slick mud on a local trail.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BWW has done it again! 29r set-dirty-niner-006-medium-.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tailwaters View Post
    So far so good! I'm located in lower Michigan so riding time is very limited pending the weather. I've managed 5 rides on the wheels thus far with the hopes of another ride this weekend. Last ride was nine miles of slick mud on a local trail.
    So you don't have any respect for your local trails or trail builders?
    Indy, In.
    Niner Rip 9
    Niner Air 9 Carbon
    Karate Monkey SS
    Misfit DiSSent

mtbr member
    .The purpose of the ride was to check out a new section of trail that was just cut in and needed some work. As well as to check out some other areas of the trail to make some additions. Which I help out with. When we started it was frozen but by the time we were done it had thawed out. So to answer your question no I donít normally ride in these conditions.

Members who have read this thread: 0