• 12-28-2019
    locominute
    anybody tried V shaped Assym carbon rims?
    found these on the eie website

A29C30D28 V-shaped asymmetric rim 29er MTB carbon tubeless compatible

they seem to be designed for durability.
  • 12-28-2019
    locominute
  • 12-28-2019
    Le Duke
    Yes. Plenty of people have posted about them on the 9,000+ post Chinese carbon rim thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 12-28-2019
    TylerVernon
    I've built up a mixed set. I think the i30 version is a bit tall and they maybe could have saved weight with a shallower profile. The i23 version was 300g even.
  • 12-28-2019
    locominute
    9000+ post about this specific rim?

I cannot seem to find the thread
  • 12-29-2019
    Lone Rager
    All things more or less equal, taller rims will be stiffer, which might make them more likely to crack under duress. The new Enve Moto rims have gone the other direction to the extreme, being very thin and relying on flexibility to reduce the possibility of cracking, though these rims are rather heavy.

I been running the Carbonfan rims for a couple of years now and they're fine, but I'm not smashing through huge stuff descending, as is the current vogue.
  • 12-29-2019
    Suns_PSD
    I think the V wheels are likely a good direction for narrow XC/ gravel wheels but the opposite of where one wants to go for AM usage.

CarbonFan sent me one and I sold it off without using it.
  • 12-29-2019
    Oldmantrails
    3 Attachment(s)
    Wanted a higher engagement hub build, so I'm building up these ( when I say I .. I mean my local wheel builder.com store) Nextie hoops with CX Ray spokes and i9 hubs . Read up a bit on them and the even spoke tension provided seems like a big plus! I'm hoping for a solid and light'ish set ...Attachment 1301717Attachment 1301719Attachment 1301721
  • 12-29-2019
    92gli
    Quote:

Originally Posted by locominute View Post
    found these on the eie website

A29C30D28 V-shaped asymmetric rim 29er MTB carbon tubeless compatible

they seem to be designed for durability.

400g for a carbon 29er rim with 30mm internal width is good. The shape, V... U... O... Half a hexagon... I don't care. The 28mm height of those rims isn't unusual at all.

I'm just hoping that some day people will stop saying diameter when talking about width.