Adapters for DTSwiss 350 - to Boost standard?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2017

Adapters for DTSwiss 350 - to Boost standard?

Hello

I've bought a new bike, but want to use the wheels of the old one. My hubs are DTSwiss 350 and I cannot find my way around their website for the adapters required. I am mechanically challenged (at least) and all significant work on my bikes is done by the local shop. So maybe some of your are patient enough to guide me through...
    Front wheel:
    Actual wheel: DTswiss 350 CenterLock for 15x100
    New bike: Boost 15x110.
    There must be such adapters, by DTSwiss - they claim that all their hubs are convertible.
    Rear wheel:
    Actual wheel: DT Swiss 350 Rear Hub - Centerlock - QR 10x135mm with XD drive/Rotor;
    New bike: Boost 12x148 with XD drive/Rotor.
    I'm not so sure that this one can be done, since it has to align with the crankset&BB, which is also on boost. Or maybe it's this one?
    https://www.bike24.com/p2156775.html?q=HWGXXX00S3382S

Please help a brother out.

"These things are very fancy commuter bikes or really bad dirt bikes, but they are not mountain bikes." - J. Mac

damned rocks...
    Front
    For the front you can use the adapter from wolftooth if you follow the link above is the option DF3, it's just a replacement for the right side end cap, your LBS will have to re-dish the wheel by 5mm to the right and no disc brake spacer is needed.
    Alternatively if you don't want to re-dish the front wheel you can get this adapter: https://www.bike24.com/p2271220.html
    But I would choose the DF3 adapter from wolftooth because you don't need a spacer to the rotor and you can use your old centerlock rotor, while with the now8 adapter you will need a 6-bolt rotor to replace your old centerlock rotor.

Rear
    To the rear, things are not so straight, because in contrast to the front, you need an end cap to the left side, meaning you will have to also need a spacer to the disc brake rotor, but your hub is centerlock, so you need a special adapter for the rotor.
    As far as I know this is the only option you have: https://www.bike24.com/p2271240.html
    You will not need to re-dish the wheel, but you will need a new 6-bolt rotor because the centerlock spacer only take 6-bolt rotors.

I don't use any of these adapters, so I can't comment on how good they work.

Barely in control
    The last time I tried to put a through axle in a qr DT hub, the inside diameter of the hub axle was too small for the thru axle to fit. You can measure this easily.

Combat Wombat
    Quote Originally Posted by Schulze View Post
    The last time I tried to put a through axle in a qr DT hub, the inside diameter of the hub axle was too small for the thru axle to fit. You can measure this easily.
    Yep, just pop off an end cap and measure. I thought I had read somewhere that older 350 hubs had this problem, but DT Swiss did change them to correct this issue. I don't know when it changed, but I have a set of 350 hubs that I picked up several years ago. At the time I needed them like a poke in the eye, but they were new, still in the box at a price I could not pass up. The rear hub was QR 135, but I converted it to 142 with just different end caps.

Interesting timing on this post. Woke up to torrential rains and flooding here.....again. And of course when I can not ride, I start thinking about about ways to spend money. This morning I was thinking that if I converted those hubs to boost, I could use them to build a set of wheels to try 27.5+ on my HT.

damned rocks...
    The OP hub has a XD drive so it should be compatible with a 12mm thru-axle.

jrm
    mtbr member
    Theres also wheelbuilder.com which offers a bunch of kits