26" slick tubeless tire?

Printable View

• 12-22-2019
    givemefive
    26" slick tubeless tire?
    Hi

I'm having trouble finding any tubeless tires that are around 26x2.0 and slick.

Does anyone know if this exists?

Best I can find is some NOS Stans the Crow but I'm looking for something new with better cut protection (glass) but at this point will take about anything.

Thanks
  • 12-24-2019
    grumpy old biker
    Quote:

Originally Posted by givemefive View Post
    HiI'm having trouble finding any tubeless tires that are around 26x2.0 and slick. Does anyone know if this exists?Best I can find is some NOS Stans the Crow but I'm looking for something new with better cut protection (glass) but at this point will take about anything.Thanks

Does it need to be slick or is rolling resistance of slick tire enough?

I have non Protection variant, Race King Race Sport 26x2.2"in bike that has 66mm between chainstays, can fit plastic fender between top of tire and frame and still had some clearance.

Sadly Continental Speed King 2 is not made as Protection variant and is not really working as tubeless because of that, but with Latex inner tube (Michelin) Rolling resistance is similar to cheap road bike tires, but absolutely no puncture resistance.

For fast tire, I'm not sure if there are much better options in puncture resilient ones than Race King Protection, there is Rocket Ron Lite Skin Addix Speed, but is it puncture resilient?

My findings are that quite often slick tires are surprisingly slow, Race King with tiny knobs is most definitely faster than Kojak slick was.

Here are some test data from different tires, which may help to find fast and puncture resilient option, link goes to race king race sport, which I use mostly in 26x2.2" size:https://www.bicyclerollingresistance...racesport-2014

Edit: My paragraphs disappeared, but finally I managed to get them back.