2018 Continental Mountain King Review Coming- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2018

2018 Continental Mountain King Review Coming

I could not find much information from users of the new Continental Mountain King tires, so I am planning to post an update as soon as I have some initial impressions.
    I installed them last night. I have never installed tubeless tires, but it wasn't too difficult. It may have been easier if I had unfolded the tires a day or two before I installed them. They have held air well over night.
    I am replacing a Maxxis Tomahawk up front and a Maxxis Crossmark II at the back.
    The Maxxis Crossmark II is okay. But, I found it would lose traction on anything damp or loose when climbing, which was frustrating. I am hoping the mountain king is better in this regard.
    I chose these tires due to the reasonable weight and semi-aggressive tread pattern, along with the small number of generally positive reviews.
    I hope my experience with these tires will help others.

Barely in control

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Schulze View Post
    Yes I did, thank you. Is is the only substantial thread I could find, and I really appreciated the information.

Roll Tide
    Jan 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by KKMC View Post
    I could not find much information from users of the new Continental Mountain King tires, so I am planning to post an update as soon as I have some initial impressions.
    I installed them last night. I have never installed tubeless tires, but it wasn't too difficult. It may have been easier if I had unfolded the tires a day or two before I installed them. They have held air well over night.
    I am replacing a Maxxis Tomahawk up front and a Maxxis Crossmark II at the back.
    The Maxxis Crossmark II is okay. But, I found it would lose traction on anything damp or loose when climbing, which was frustrating. I am hoping the mountain king is better in this regard.
    I chose these tires due to the reasonable weight and semi-aggressive tread pattern, along with the small number of generally positive reviews.
    I hope my experience with these tires will help others.
    I had a set put on my HT a couple months back and had them set up tubeless. They are a great all around tire from what I've found. They roll great on pavement with little resistance, then I'll drop about 10 psi out of them and ride what you see in the pic.

2018 Continental Mountain King Review Coming-2019-05-15-20.59.29.jpg