XC trail recs in Nelson and Rossland- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2008

XC trail recs in Nelson and Rossland

I'll be in the area up from Montana this thursday through monday and am looking for longish XC rides (20+miles). What are some trails that are riding good this time of year in either Nelson or Rossland? Are he higher elevation trails still snowy/muddy? Climbing and technical trails are fine but not really looking for downhill specific stuff. Especially looking for good long SS rides.

Also, i saw the thread on camping in Rossland but any good suggestions for Nelson. Primitive is fine but showers don't suck either.

thanks!

mtbr member
    I haven't been out that way yet this year, but the bike shops in either town should be able to hook you up with info as well as maps for each of the areas (and proceeds from the maps go to upkeep of the trails!).

For camping, there's not much that's enjoyable IN Nelsen, but if you cross the lake travelling N on the 3A there's a few very nice BCParks campgrounds a few miles up the road where you can stay near the lake. Kokanee Creek is probably your best choice since there's a riding area with some trail networks (mostly DH) right across the highway.
    Everypony loves riding bikes

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Hi- when coming to Rossland- you have to ride the Seven Summits. It is an IMBA Epic http://www.bikerossland.ca/node/3611 for more info.

Members who have read this thread: 0