Winnipeg/Manitoba Help!!!- Mtbr.com

Mar 2006

Winnipeg/Manitoba Help!!!

Alright, I finally signed up. I'm a very casual rider. I own a 2004 Norco Charger. I mainly ride at Bird's Hill Park and Assinaboine Park. I don't get out enough. I'm riding about 650km and/or 50hours a summer season. I'm looking to plan a trip out to Falcon Ski Resort to go biking but I want to know if there is a Hotel/Campground in the area as I'd like to stay overnight. Also are there rules/fee's to ride at the Ski Resort? IE: Daily Pass, Helmets etc. Anyone with added info please chime in.

Thanks,
    Glenn

mtbr member

Falcon

Just go and ride. No fees or rules except common sense. When I lived in Winnipeg I liked Whiitier Park, the railway embankment nearby and the trail with concrete block South of the Robins on Provencher. I suggest joining the club at Gord's, they know all the trails and have riders of all abilities.

http://www.gords.com/000/Current/bikes_club.html
    Formerly Travis Bickle

Team Robot. "modulation is code for “I suck at brake control.” Here’s a free tip: get better."

Mar 2006
    i have been to whittier park, im more into single track trails. No jumps, bumps, etc. Im more into birds hill sites 1 & 7 i believe. Im for sure going to falcon first week of aug.
    I dont think im ready to join a bike club as i know i wouldnt be able to make most of the runs due to work relations.

mtbr member

Brandon?

Have you been to the Brandon Hills? If you like singletrack it's heaven!
    Formerly Travis Bickle

Team Robot. "modulation is code for “I suck at brake control.” Here’s a free tip: get better."

Members who have read this thread: 0