Whitehorse/Carcross Trails in Early September- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Whitehorse/Carcross Trails in Early September

Have been hearing some about the great riding in Whitehorse and surrounding areas. Was thinking of heading there Sept 4-7. I know it is a long drive from Anchorage, but since the reviews have been pretty good, figure it will be worth it. So, any thoughts on what trails to hit, areas to check out and opinions in general would be appreciated. We are not too deterred by weather, but what could be expected in early Sept? I am thinking it would be no different than what we have here...which could basically be anything...
    Thanks

@adelorenzo
    There should be a pile of us riding Carcross that weekend. It is likely to be cold and possibly wet but still shitloads of fun. Carcross is best for shuttling up but you can pedal up or ride the Mountain Hero if you want:

Whitehorse trails will be fun too, drop in at Icycle Sport for a trail map and talk to some of the guys there. Fall colors should be nice up in the alpine.

Email me at my mtbr username at gmail dot com and maybe we can hook up for some riding. I'll have some time off so can probably show you guys around.

Regards,
    Anthony

North Van/Whistler
    Jan 2004
    Anthony. Next summer I am definitely looking you up. I'm pretty excited about the fact that your alpine trails start at ~ 700 - 800m
    Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides http://mtbtrails.ca/

@adelorenzo
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeL
    Anthony. Next summer I am definitely looking you up. I'm pretty excited about the fact that your alpine trails start at ~ 700 - 800m
    Do it, I'd be happy to show you around Lee. It is pretty awesome how fast you get out of treeline.

Members who have read this thread: 0