Whistler, where to stay. options.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2006

Whistler, where to stay. options.

Hello. Im putting together a trip to whistler sep 11-18 and have several options on where to stay:

Whistler Town Plaza
    Marketplace
    Stoney Creek
    Gracier Lodge
    Cedar Hollow
    Forest Trails

Any coments or info on this condos??? It has to be bikefriendly.
    Thanks

Bernardo

West Coast FTW!
    May 2009
    from what I hear all those places dislike having bikes in the rooms, due to the fact they are owned by someone other then the property managment company that rents them out, so very unfriendly to bikes, they usually have a place to lock them up in a cage in their respected parkade but everyone who rents there or owns there has a key and may be able to jack your ride. The best bet would be to find a hotel that has a bike valet service (usually free) that can store your bike for you in a secure area that only employees have access to. Or a condo that lets you bring your bike to your room so you can keep an eye on it. The Fairmont is a great option and usually has deals on rooms in September due to low occupancy due to it being off season and the kids are back in school....good luck and have fun here....

mtbr member
    I usually stay at Cascade Lodge. They have a good bike storage room, the biggest pool in Whistler and 2 outdoor hot-tubs.

I just wanna ride my bike
    I've stayed at Forest Trails. They are nice townhouses that have their own private garage, the perfect place to store your bikes. I hesitate to stay at condos that have so called safe bike storage in their underground parking lots or basements; I've heard too many stories of people having their bikes stolen out of the chicken-wire caged bike rooms.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Symphony, Whistler Village North, Whistler
    this location is very convenient to everything you might need. 3 blocks to the IGA supermarket and 7-11 10 minute walk to the lifts and its 200' from Rt 199(the main highway)
    We were able to dicker with the owners of the particular condo and got a significant discount and they also ate the recently increased sales tax which amounts to 12% IRC.
    This complex was full of bikers and other than someone chucking their cigarette butts in our 'yard' we experienced no hassles. Unlike town center, it was very quiet.
    Trail access was good too with Lost Lake about a mile away and more trails even closer on the other side of Rt 199.

https://www.directvacations.com/vaca...ntals-info.cfm

This site profiles vacation rentals for rent directly by owners & small locally lodging companies.

That means that you'll either be dealing directly with a friendly, locally knowledgeable and attentive property owner, or a small, locally based lodging company that is too personal (we call it attentive), unique or specialized to list on big huge travel portals like Expedia or Travelocity.
    2011 Canfield ONE 200mm DH 35 pounds
    2010 Specialized Pitch 29 lbs sold
    Wife: 2009 Canfield ONE also 29 lbs

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheotherH
    I've stayed at Forest Trails. They are nice townhouses that have their own private garage, the perfect place to store your bikes. I hesitate to stay at condos that have so called safe bike storage in their underground parking lots or basements; I've heard too many stories of people having their bikes stolen out of the chicken-wire caged bike rooms.
    For clarification, the Cascade Lodge bike storage is not a cage in the parking garage. It is a code-accessed room across from the hotel reception desk.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Little bit of thread drift here, but when do you guys think is the optimal time to hit Whistler? It will be a 20+ hr drive, so we would like the best chance of hitting it when weather and trail conditions are primo.

I just wanna ride my bike
    Quote Originally Posted by LaBelle23
    Little bit of thread drift here, but when do you guys think is the optimal time to hit Whistler? It will be a 20+ hr drive, so we would like the best chance of hitting it when weather and trail conditions are primo.
    July, August and September are best; generally dry weather but being in a rainforest it can rain anytime (although May/June are usually the wettest months). I like mid-week in September: cooler temps and kids are back at school so less busy

If your driving 20+ hours to ride Whistler, spend at least a day or two on the North Shore trails (assuming you have big bikes with you; although you can ride many NS trails with AM bikes as well).

mtbr member
    I prefer the tacky moist trail conditions in September over the hot dusty mid summer conditions. September usually has cooler weather and some occasional light rain. That being said, there is never a bad time to be at Whistler.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I stayed at the Pan Pacific Mountainside in June and it was stellar, valet bike parking, lift right out the door, pool & hot tub overlooking the boneyard and a kitchenette to cook meals

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Whistler might be busy on Sept 11. The Gran Fondo Whistler is that day.

ITs a ride from Vancouver to Whistler with 4000 riders. I imagine the hotels will be booked that weekend.

Just so you know.......

Members who have read this thread: 0