Whistler - late October?- Mtbr.com
    GUIDANCE COUNSELOR

Whistler - late October?

I may be traveling to Whistler for a week in late October. What is the riding like then? I saw that the bike park closes Oct. 12, but is there plenty of other DH/FR stuff to ride that time of year? If the weather is crappy, how far a away are warmer spots? Disclaimer: never been to BC, the only thing I know about the riding is from epic pictures. Thanks!
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP - VP of Business Development
    Pivot Cycles - Team Rider

West Coast FTW!
    May 2009
    if its the last week in October we could get snow if its cold enough, the tops have a dusting right now, and I would have to say that the DH/FR is really epic XC as there are no shuttle trails in Whistler, only Sqaumish and Pemberton, if you have a smaller AM bike it would be best for the trails in the valley. as for wamer places, Vancouver could be a few degrees warmer, but that is 1 1/2 hour drive south, the Okanagan is 5 hours east and it would definitly be warmer there....short days too....getting dark near 7pm now a days....

GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    Thanks for the info! I can't wait to be there, even if the conditions aren't ideal I'm sure it will be a great time.
    NOAH SEARS

mtbr member
    If you donít mind pedaling, there is awesome riding in Whistler, even with the lifts closed. All the classic BC freeride stuff is there. The temperature will likely be above freezing in the valley, but be prepared to get wet from rain. If it gets cold enough to snow, which is unlikely, you can drive to Squamish, at sea level, in ~45 minutes and ride there.

mtbr member
    The shore would most likely still be good to go, def check that out

Bnerd

It's wet and cold but I'll ride, maybe!

When are you in Whistler?
    I live in Whistler and I am still riding but it is very slick trail conditions!
    If it isn't outright pouring rain I can be convinced to come out and pedal. Make sure you have decent wet weather/warm clothing.
    Shoot me a PM and I'll send details.
    Let me know.

Tall

mtbr member
    Hey! I'll be in Vancouver Nov 14 and Nov 20-22, would like to get in some mtb'ing and some snowboarding, have never been west of Ontario before. Will I be too late for one, too early for the other??

mtbr member
    You will almost certainly be able to ride, but you won't likely be able to Snowboard, unless you hoof it up there yourself. We ride year-round except for the odd week or so when it snows. Snow in November is rare, but be prepared for some biblical rain.

GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    I've already returned. The riding was incredible! Did 3 days at the resort (private access) and a day of XC on the lost lake trails - so much fun! I wanna go back already!
    NOAH SEARS

Members who have read this thread: 0