Whistler - Injured rider looking for easy descents during recovery.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2010

Whistler - Injured rider looking for easy descents during recovery.

Broke my wrist badly (surgery, metal plates) on 6th July on the DH track at Fort William and visiting Whistler for the first time at the start of Sept but still in early physio therapy stage.

I'm going to leave my DH sled at home, theres no point kidding myself on, ill only be able to ride the easy routes on this visit, going to take a Knolly Endorphin with me.

Obviously I'm gutted that i won't get to ride trails like A-line etc this time round but hope that i can still have an amazing holiday. What trails would you recommend?

mtbr member
    All the blue runs (except for golden triangle, blue velvet is kinda meh IMO too) are awesome. And a million xc trails to ride your chili on too.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    the bear back guys will show you the easiest and best trails to suit you,,,, then col and me will take you out with us when we arrive on the 6th,,, we will take you through totw,,, and kybers. lots of great trails in the valley to show you... might even rent a 4x4 and hit squamish for a few days to,,,

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    if your feeling strong towards the end of your trip and want to hit the park, i will have my podium with me you can throw a few laps on that if you want...

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    cheers ian its appreciated. it'll be a good opportunity to do all the trails id normally miss because of the lure of the big lines...

mtbr member
    May 2006
    What dates will you be in Whistler ? I'm in the Yukon until early september and was also looking for people to start easy in Whistler during those weeks. I'm riding my burly 7" travel bike but I'm up for days in the park as well as up to 25km xc rides. Getting better at following xc riders here in the Yukon on their light bikes but I prefer technical lines and slower pedaling uphill.

My idea was to get there around the 7th-15th of September, but I could be there earlier if I have people riding with me. A friend from back east who lived 3 years in Squamish told me it was worth visiting. That and Pemberton too.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    we will be there from the 6th-28th of sept,,, your more than welcome to tag along with us if you like,,, we ride both park and trail, we are not the fastest or fittest riders out there, but will attempt most trails, if its beyond us theres no shame in walking,

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by cfrench View Post
    cheers ian its appreciated. it'll be a good opportunity to do all the trails id normally miss because of the lure of the big lines...
    even the xc trails out there are craaazy mate,, most would be considerd dh by uk standards, lol...

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Awesome, thanks for the offer! I will post back or PM you guys when I'll be set on a date and would most definitely meet you for a day or two. If you visit the Yukon before arriving in Whistler let me know and I'll show you the area. Great trails here too, more suited for a Chilcotin/Endorphin than a Podium for you Knolly guys