Whistler info- Mtbr.com

Thread: Whistler info

Roy
    mtbr member

Whistler info

Several of our trailbuilding crew are leaving the cozy midwest for a week in Whistler along with the IMBA summit. Any recommendations on where we can send our bikes to instead of paying the ridiculous airline surcharge? Any risk they would get held up in Customs?

Also, since we're staying in the village with no transpo, are there any shuttles that go out/back to the Shore? We'd like to hit that for a day or 2 but we are without vehicle.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    You could possibly send them to where you are staying????
    Maybe one of the bikeshops would accept them...we have several in the village. How were you thinking of sending them.
    I doubt Canada customs would hold them up. But might be wirthwhile to contct them to see
    I don't know of any shuttles that go from here to the north shore just for riding. Why go elsewhere when we have the best riding

Any questions let me know and I'll see what I can answer
    We do have a greyhound bus service...you could posibly ship your bikes to yourselves there

Roy
    mtbr member
    Right now we just have a reservation number and our unit info, so not much to go on for sending it to the hut that we're staying at yet. We'd box them up and send them UPS or Fedex Ground.

As for the Northshore, we were hoping to get in a day at Mt. Fromme.

Do you have the names/numbers of the shops up there? I could call them and see what they say. Not sure where I can get a number for Customs, though.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Roy: Try Evolution Bikes or Fanatyk. Both are quality shops that would likely receive your bikes.

Regarding the Shore, Greyhound runs a bus to/from Whistler. You should be able to get to North Vancouver from there. For Fromme, you want to get to the top of Mountain Highway near Lynn Valley. Warning: Fromme starts with a nasty climb at the top of Mtn Highway. I trust you guys are game for it but check where the bus leaves you on the map - you might be in for a LONG climb. Another option for you would be to go ride Mt. Seymour and shuttle on the Huckwagon. CBC/Neds or CBC/Corkscrew/Pingu Pangor are phenomenal trails for your first Shore ride. And per the previous comments, Whistler has amazing Shorestyle trails not in the bike park if the logisitics are too complicated.

If you have further questions try posting on nsmb.com

Have a great trip. The trails here are in prime condition right now.

Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy
    Any recommendations on where we can send our bikes to instead of paying the ridiculous airline surcharge? Any risk they would get held up in Customs?
    Maybe to the local Mail Boxes Etc? As for shipping/Customs, I've had a few friends mail their bikes when they go on a bike trip and haven't had problems, but not sure if it would be different for a Canadian.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy
    Also, since we're staying in the village with no transpo, are there any shuttles that go out/back to the Shore?
    Why not just rent an SUV for a day? If there are a bunch of you, it would probably be the easiest method.

Members who have read this thread: 0