Whistler End Of May - Good Idea?- Mtbr.com
    a.k.a. MTBMaven

Whistler End Of May - Good Idea?

I am doing some investigation for a biking trip to the PacNW from May 27th - June 5th time frame.
    I understand this winter has been a bit dry?
    Would it be safe to plan on a biking trip to Whistler that time of year?
    Is there camping near the resort?
    I would assume there is great riding around the resort if one dosen't want lift assisted biking? (photos are always nice)
    Last edited by mtnfiend; 03-11-2005 at 06:20 PM.

Just roll it......

yes, yes and yes.

Yes, it's been very dry (huge understatement) this winter in the PNW and that time of the year will be fine for this year. The bike park will be open in early May so you'll be able to hit the park or the local trails which are incredible and worth hitting.

Yes, I recommend hitting trails like Kill Me Thrill Me, Cheap Thrills, Train Wreck or Comfortably Numb for an all-day epic. River Runs Through it is an absolute must for an out-of-towner. Bring pads even for the XC riding....you'll see what I mean.

Yes, there is camping near Whistler. Don't know a good reco. for this, but google it and see what you find. There's also cheap hostels....

Cheers,
    EB

a.k.a. MTBMaven

Good job! Thanks!

Thanks you so much for replying! This forum seems to get very little traffic I wasn't sure if anyone was going to reply to my post.

The more research I do on going to Whistler the more I want to go. I've been there twice on boarding trips and just love the area. Hell I love BC. I'd move there in a heartbeat if my wife was into it.

I've been reading about and looking at photos on most of the trails you mentioned. And they all look really cool. Kill me Thrill Me looks insane.

I will look into camping but I'm trying to get enough people to rent a condo or something. I'd really like to come back to a shower and jacuzzi after a long day of riding.