Whistler Downhill Demo Pkg Deal?- Mtbr.com
    Ride Instigator

Whistler Downhill Demo Pkg Deal?

I was at Winter Park MTB park a few weeks back and snagged a GREAT Demo deal through Pedal Pushers, a shop in Golden Colorado. For 60 bucks I got a lift ticket, choice DH rigs and protective gear for a full day...the deal of the century! Anyway, I understand that Whistler is owned by the same corporation as WP and was wondering if anyone knows of any similar deals??

This is gonna be great. My wife and I are visiting Vancouver to celebrate our 25th anniversary Sept 26-Oct 2. She doesn't ride MTB but says I can do a Downhill day or two at Whistler while she does a "spa" day and gets all pampered and prettied up at the base resort area. No wonder I stayed married to her all these years, she ROCKS!

West Coast FTW!
    May 2009
    most rental joints rent DH bikes for $100 a day, usually including armour, but no lift tickets, that will set you back another $50 or so, the only place affiliated with the Bike Park is G1 rentals, they may have a package deal but the daily rate is still $100 a day...

Ride Instigator
    Quote Originally Posted by bcbud
    most rental joints rent DH bikes for $100 a day, usually including armour, but no lift tickets, that will set you back another $50 or so, the only place affiliated with the Bike Park is G1 rentals, they may have a package deal but the daily rate is still $100 a day...
    Looks like I'll Have to pop for a little more to ride at Whistler then WP for a ride, no biggie.

I'm looking on line at G1 and a couple other places at the base of Whistler that offer rentals and the selection seems to be somewhat limited. I'm looking for a hefty bike for the day, 8", DC fork, probably a size large and sprung for a 210lb rider. Any suggestions? I rode a Yeti 303 at WP...I liked it so much that I didn't want to give it back!

West Coast FTW!
    May 2009
    G1 rents 8" Stinky's with 888's, Summit rents Rocky Mtn Flatine with 888's, Evolution rents Spec Demo 8 with Boxxers, Fanatyko rents Norco Alines with 888's.....

Members who have read this thread: 0